  1. Tony Spadaro

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Is he like Rush Limbaugh?
    Tony Spadaro, Jun 21, 2004

  2. "Tony Spadaro" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is he like Rush Limbaugh?

    Art Bell is in a class all his own. He's on from 10:00 to
    2:00 AM PST on about 300+ AM radio stations.
    His topics include everything from UFO Abductees
    to Bigfoot sightings. Just about everything that a person
    who wears tinfoil hats could ever dream of. Bell is
    the original PT Barnum of late night radio. His greatest
    competition for the late night "graveyard shift" of AM
    radio listeners is Steve Sommer's "Truckin Bozo" (..that's
    the real name!) Program carried on five 50KW AM stations
    that covers all the lower-48 States for the late night
    long-haul truck driver crowd. http://www.thebozo.com/

    So that's about it....you got UFO's and Country western
    trucker music interspersed between late night preachers
    and other bizzare stuff. (see what ur missin while you sleep!?)

    Bell website: www.coasttocoastam.com

    Sommers website: http://www.thebozo.com/
    pinkdressup bubblicious, Jun 21, 2004

  3. Don't answer him! Did you see all the off topic messages he sent out? Did
    you see all the newsgroups? That clown is a spammer and answering him just
    wastes more bandwidth.

    Gene Palmiter, Jun 21, 2004
  4. Tony Spadaro

    Joe S. Guest

    > Is he like Rush Limbaugh?

    No, Art Bell is a harmless dingbat who talks about extra-terrestrials, Area
    51, lights in the sky, remote viewing, spoon-bending, and other paranormal
    shit -- he is lucid and reasonable when you compare him to Rush, Savage,
    Coulter, etc.

    --

    -----
    Joe S.
    Joe S., Jun 21, 2004
  5. "Tony Spadaro" <> wrote in message
    > Is he like Rush Limbaugh?

    coasttocoastam.com
    Vendicar Decarian, Jun 21, 2004
  6. Tony Spadaro

    DrPostman Guest

    On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 02:11:12 GMT, "Gene Palmiter"
    <> wrote:

    >Don't answer him! Did you see all the off topic messages he sent out? Did
    >you see all the newsgroups? That clown is a spammer and answering him just
    >wastes more bandwidth.

    NOTICE TO CROSSPOSTERS!

    This group is called alt.fan.art-bell. It's for talking about Art
    Bell, his radio show (and replacement hosts), his/their guests, and
    whatever else we choose to discuss. We've got more than enough
    foolishness right here in this group without having to go trolling
    for more.

    Unfortunately, every nutcake crystal-rubbing, bunny-hugging, tree-
    sitting, tofu-eating, Volvo-driving, whale-watching, New-Age,
    backyard-preaching, Bible-thumping, god-bothering, bigfoot-chasing,
    spoon-bending, remote-viewing, star-gazing, reverse-swearing,
    reptile-fucking, carpet-munching, fudge-packing, toad-licking,
    goat-sucking, Clinton-loving, flame-trolling, pamphlet-peddling,
    horoscope-reading, alien abductee seems to think it's fun to post his
    or her dreck into afa-b.

    Not only that, but we're also plagued by every goddam hypocritical,
    brain-dead, mega-dittoing, Reagan-worshipping, Newtie-following,
    Clinton-bashing, Hillary-hating, gun-hugging, miltia-joining, bunny-
    bopping, forest-raping, earth-paving, river-damming, species-
    exterminating, ozone-trashing, pickup-with-gun-rack-driving,
    Medicare- killing, tax-avoiding, mind-controlling,
    urban-legend-quoting, trickle-downing, "liberal"-hating, gay-bashing,
    femiNazi-spewing, hate-spouting, Bible-quoting, Moral Mafia,
    jack-booted,cross-burning, Klan-joining, Commie-baiting,
    conspiracy-theorist, neo-Nazi, crypto- Fascist, radical-right-wing
    ditto-head that comes down the pike.

    Then, when a few of us shred these fatheads to bits by debunking
    their favorite fantasy, they start whining.

    Please lurk before you make an ass of yourself, then:

    If you can't stand the heat, stay the hell out of our newsgroup.

    "This is not a gentle place."

    In the interest of evenhandedness, and to enjoy one of our
    favorite kooks rants, we also present The Woo Woo View:

    "AFAB = alt.fan.art-bell newsgroup. It is a prime example of
    a gathering place for hooded, cowardly, government/media
    disinformation agents who operate behind multiple aliases as they
    prey on others, intimidating and misdirecting attention away from
    those who engage in serious dialog. It is a meeting place of
    ignoramuses who seek to promote the Bassackward societal traits
    of irresponsibility, violence, human degradation, and ignorance
    under the guise of Free Speech." By Ray "Linenoise" Karczewski

    If STILL you ask "Where the hell is the FAQ" then go read
    that poor old outdated relic from our earlier days here:
    http://whiskeytown.net/curiosities/airstream/afab-faq.php

    Hope This Helps.

    (Revised 4/30/2000)
    (Posted in Memory of Glen Quarnstrom)

    --
    Dr.Postman USPS, MBMC, BsD; "Disgruntled, But Unarmed"
    Member,Board of Directors of afa-b, SKEP-TI-CULT® member #15-51506-253.

    "Did the Venus transit occur during sunset, idiot?"
    - Grant,on the GLP web board, explains to us how
    sunrise happens in NY and Asia at the same time.
    DrPostman, Jun 21, 2004
  7. On 20 Jun 2004 18:10:24 -0700, (Tony
    Spadaro) wrote:

    >Is he like Rush Limbaugh?

    He's into UFOs, Black helicopters and area 51. Tinfoil hat crowd type
    of stuff. Also wrote part of the book that was used for the
    eco-disaster movie The Day After.

    "Only one ambition is worthy of Islam, to save the world from the
    curse of democracy: to teach men that they cannot rule themselves
    on the basis of man-made laws. Mankind has strayed from the path of
    God, we must return to that path or face certain annihilation."
    -- Sheikh Muhammad bin Ibrahim al-Jubair

    "Long term commitment in relationships is only necessary because it takes
    so damn long to raise children. Marriage may well be some kind of trick
    to keep the males around beyond sexual satiation." -- Captain Compassion

    "Progress is the increasing control of the environment by life.
    --Will Durant

    Joseph R. Darancette
    Captain Compassion, Jun 21, 2004
  8. Tony Spadaro

    Bookman Guest

    "DrPostman" <> wrote in message

    > If STILL you ask "Where the hell is the FAQ" then go read
    > that poor old outdated relic from our earlier days here:
    > http://whiskeytown.net/curiosities/airstream/afab-faq.php
    >
    > Hope This Helps.
    >
    > (Revised 4/30/2000)
    > (Posted in Memory of Glen Quarnstrom)

    Damnit, DrP - you left out the "You have been wanred!" line.

    Granted, it wasn't a critical addition to the Caveat, but
    damnit, it was appropriate, and it was mine!

    ESL!

    --
    Bookman -The Official Overseer of Kooks and Trolls in AFA-B
    Kazoo Konspirator #668 (The Neighbor of the Beast)
    Bookman, Jun 21, 2004
  9. Tony Spadaro

    Bookman Guest

    "Joe S." <> wrote in message

    > "Tony Spadaro" <> wrote in message
    > > Is he like Rush Limbaugh?

    > No, Art Bell is a harmless dingbat who talks about extra-terrestrials,

    Area
    > 51, lights in the sky, remote viewing, spoon-bending, and other paranormal
    > shit -- he is lucid and reasonable when you compare him to Rush, Savage,
    > Coulter, etc.

    Al Franken, Janeane Garafalo, Dan Rather, Peter Jennings, Ted Koppel, and so
    forth.

    ESL!

    Bookman, Jun 21, 2004
  10. Tony Spadaro

    Bookman Guest

    > Is he like Rush Limbaugh?

    He's like hog food.

    HTH,

    Bookman, Jun 21, 2004
  11. Tony Spadaro

    Joe S. Guest

    Take a deep breath. Rub your crystal, hug your Ronnie Reagan doll. Feel
    better now?

    --
    ----
    Joe S.

    Joe S., Jun 21, 2004
  12. Tony Spadaro

    Mr. Red Guest

    In article <>, "Joe S." <> wrote:

    > "Tony Spadaro" <> wrote in message
    > > Is he like Rush Limbaugh?

    > No, Art Bell is a harmless dingbat who talks about extra-terrestrials, Area
    > 51, lights in the sky, remote viewing, spoon-bending, and other paranormal
    > shit -- he is lucid and reasonable when you compare him to Rush, Savage,
    > Coulter, etc.
    >

    > --
    >
    > -----
    > Joe S.

    How 'bout when you compare Artie to Snoory and Hoaxie?

    --
    "If the cause be not good, the King himself hath a heavy reckoning to make,
    when all those legs, and arms, and heads, chopped off in a battle, shall
    Mr. Red, Jun 21, 2004
  13. Tony Spadaro

    DrPostman Guest

    On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 05:50:07 GMT, "Bookman" <>
    wrote:

    >"DrPostman" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> If STILL you ask "Where the hell is the FAQ" then go read
    >> that poor old outdated relic from our earlier days here:
    >> http://whiskeytown.net/curiosities/airstream/afab-faq.php
    >>
    >> Hope This Helps.
    >>
    >> (Revised 4/30/2000)
    >> (Posted in Memory of Glen Quarnstrom)

    >Damnit, DrP - you left out the "You have been wanred!" line.
    >
    >Granted, it wasn't a critical addition to the Caveat, but
    >damnit, it was appropriate, and it was mine!
    >
    >ESL!

    Sorry, I grabbed that from the google archives

    DrPostman, Jun 22, 2004
  14. Tony Spadaro

    DrPostman Guest

    On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 05:27:54 -0400, "Joe S." <>
    wrote:

    >Take a deep breath. Rub your crystal, hug your Ronnie Reagan doll. Feel
    >better now?
    >
    >--
    >----
    >Joe S.

    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
    A: Top-posting.

    DrPostman, Jun 22, 2004
  15. Tony Spadaro wrote:

    > Is he like Rush Limbaugh?

    Not at all.

    Limbaugh's ingorant, venomous raving could be likened to a cancer upon
    society.

    Art is more like a rash...in a private place. It feels good to scratch
    it (listen to his show), but you'd feel a bit embarased if anyone caught
    you in the act. He has ALL sorts of wacky guests and will discuss the
    most 'out there' issues you can imagine. UFO's, chemtrails, Planet X,
    left wing govt conspiracies, right wing govt conspiracies, etc... It's
    all mostly harmless fun, although many of his guests take it VERY
    seriously. Listening to his show is sort of like watching a bad SciFi
    movie in that abandoning critical reasoning is almost a prerequisite to
    participation.

    -Greg
    Greg Campbell, Jun 22, 2004