    wireless network?

    Thanks,

    James

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXM=?=, Mar 1, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXM=?=

    Kerry Brown Guest

    What router/access point are you using? Does it keep a log? More information
    is needed to answer your question.

    Kerry Brown
    KDB Systems

    Kerry Brown, Mar 1, 2005

  3. Sorry,

    I use a DLink g router. It keeps a log but it is greek to me.

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXM=?=, Mar 1, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXM=?=

    Kerry Brown Guest

    > I use a DLink g router. It keeps a log but it is greek to me.

    Most of the D-link routers I've used keep a log of DHCP activity. It will
    tell you the MAC address of the devices requesting an IP address. If you
    have not altered the default settings on your router someone who knows what
    they are doing could easily bypass this and you would have no way of
    knowing. If you don't understand what the log is telling you I don't know if
    I can help you any more than this. It is a very basic log. You have to have
    some knowledge of TCP/IP and DHCP in order to understand if someone is using
    your WLAN. If you don't have this knowledge there are numerous web sites and
    books where you can read up or you could hire a local professional to secure
    your WLAN. Some good places to start are here:

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=securing wireless network&btnG=Google Search&meta=
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/support/wireless_secure.htm

    Hope this helped.

    Kerry Brown