    Hi i would like to activate STP only in 5 ports of my switch, i i need
    that the rest of them are free of STP, somebody tell me if this is
    possible with cisco swtiches?

    Oliver, Jan 19, 2007

  2. Oliver

    Guest

    Oliver wrote:
    > Hi i would like to activate STP only in 5 ports of my switch, i i need
    > that the rest of them are free of STP, somebody tell me if this is
    > possible with cisco swtiches?

    No, however perhaps yes.

    As far as I know it is not possible to disable STP on a single port,
    only on a whole VLAN.

    However, say you put your 5 "STP" ports in one VLAN and the "non STP"
    ports
    in a second VLAN.

    You could then connect the two VLANs with a wire.

    This will cost two ports on the switch and I do not know what wll
    happen to the
    STP packets. The "non STP" portion will either drop then or flood them.

    It may be possible to block such frames with a MAC access-list.
    This may work on a normal port and will effectively turn off
    STP,

    Why do you need to turn STP off? This is very unusual.

    , Jan 19, 2007

  3. Walter Roberson, Jan 19, 2007
  4. Oliver

    BernieM Guest

    "Oliver" <> wrote in message

    > Hi i would like to activate STP only in 5 ports of my switch, i i need
    > that the rest of them are free of STP, somebody tell me if this is
    > possible with cisco swtiches?

    Typically yes ... "spanning-tree bpdufilter enable" will stop the port
    sending and receiveing bpdu's.

    BernieM

    BernieM, Jan 19, 2007