    developer. Who has done this? How was the preparation? And what books
    did you cover? I thought that there would just be like 1-2 good books
    to study but it looks like I have to read many for this exam?

    Marc C., Oct 22, 2006

  2. Marc C.

    Cerebrus Guest

    Marc C. wrote:

    > 1. Who here has an MCAD
    > 2. Who has done this?
    > 3. How was the preparation? And what books did you cover?

    Is it just me or does that sound to the others here as something in the
    same tone as :

    1. Who here has a criminal record ?
    2. Who has done this?
    3. How was the preparation? And how many innocent people did you
    smother?

    Man, you need to work on your (non-verbal) intonation !

    Cerebrus, Oct 23, 2006

  3. Marc C.

    Binoj Antony Guest

    Shaggy says "It wasnt me" ;)

    Binoj Antony, Oct 23, 2006
  4. Marc C.

    Marc C. Guest

    Cerebrus wrote:
    > Marc C. wrote:
    >
    > > 1. Who here has an MCAD
    > > 2. Who has done this?
    > > 3. How was the preparation? And what books did you cover?

    > Is it just me or does that sound to the others here as something in the
    > same tone as :
    >
    > 1. Who here has a criminal record ?
    > 2. Who has done this?
    > 3. How was the preparation? And how many innocent people did you
    > smother?
    >
    > Man, you need to work on your (non-verbal) intonation !

    Whoops sorry guys.. I just wanted to avoid confusion by getting
    straight to the point. Here lemme try it again. How are you all doing
    today? I trust all is good.. Say, I have a question. Who here has
    completed their MCAD and also finished the upgrade exam to get their
    MCPD Web developer? I am thinking of doing this and was wondering how
    you all found the books for the exam and what books did you all read?

    Thanks for your time,

    Marc

    Marc C., Oct 24, 2006
  5. Marc C.

    Cerebrus Guest

    That's better, lolz. ;-)

    Here's a search I ran, and it came up with a few threads that you can
    check out :

    <http://groups.google.co.in/groups?as_q=70-551+books&num=10&scoring=r&hl=en&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_ugroup=microsoft.public.cert.*&as_usubject=&as_uauthors=&lr=&as_drrb=q&as_qdr=&as_mind=1&as_minm=1&as_miny=1981&as_maxd=24&as_maxm=10&as_maxy=2006&safe=active>

    TinyURL: <http://tinyurl.com/v5ba7>

    HTH.

    Cerebrus, Oct 24, 2006
  6. Marc:
    Remember that all of the "Skills being measured" for this exam are also in
    other exams. For example, Section 3 of 70-551 is the same as section 3 of
    70-552 and section 2 of 70-554. Other exams that have skills that match
    70-551 include 70-528, 70-536, 70-540, 70-547, 70-548, 70-549, and 70-553. I
    would recommend looking at resources for all of these exams before taking 551.
    P.S. Congratulations on your MCAD.
    --
    Larry J. West, MCSD, MOUS, FLMI, ACS

    LarryWestMCSD, Oct 30, 2006
  7. hi - congratulations on MCAD. FYI there is a 25% discount voucher for 551 on
    this page:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/upgrade/default.mspx

    --
    Trika, Microsoft Learning, Microsoft Corp. This posting is provided "AS IS"
    with no warranties, and confers no rights.

    Trika Harms zum Spreckel (MSFT), Nov 1, 2006
  8. I have done the certification. It was quite interesting.
    I used the book "Developing Window Applications with Ms Visual Basic .Net
    and Visual C#"

    I got 900.

    Thanks

    Oladimeji Kazeem, Nov 15, 2006