    page I've found that I can even submit a question without
    having to pay more money. Does anyone have any
    sugestions?.. thank you for any helpful comments. James.

    James Meyer, Jul 10, 2003

  2. James Meyer

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    If I understand you correctly...you signed up for a Microsoft test at
    Prometric, but you meant to schedule your A+ exam? If that's the case, then
    Microsoft will not issue you a credit or voucher of any sort, because
    Microsoft has nothing to do with A+ exams, training, or certification. The
    whole A+ universe is run by CompTIA, not Microsoft. Your training facility
    should have explained this to you before you signed up for your test. If
    Prometric refuses to issue you a credit for future use or refuses to refund
    your money, contact your debit/credit card company or bank and tell them
    what has happened and that any charges to the card made by Prometric are
    invalid and unauthorized. If they've already charged your card, you might be
    out of luck.

    Just my two cents, but I always test with Vue. It seems to differ from
    person to person and location to location, but I've heard and (to some
    extent, but not as much as others) experienced that Vue is generally a
    better testing facility than Prometric. During the course of testing, it
    might be wise for you to try out both Vue and Prometric to see which you
    like better and where you're more comfortable, and take the rest of your
    tests there.

    Best of luck,

    KB

    Ken Briscoe, Jul 10, 2003

  3. James Meyer

    Maestro Guest

    "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote in message
    > If I understand you correctly...you signed up for a Microsoft test at
    > Prometric, but you meant to schedule your A+ exam? If that's the case,

    then
    > Microsoft will not issue you a credit or voucher of any sort, because
    > Microsoft has nothing to do with A+ exams, training, or certification. The
    > whole A+ universe is run by CompTIA, not Microsoft. Your training facility
    > should have explained this to you before you signed up for your test. If
    > Prometric refuses to issue you a credit for future use or refuses to

    refund
    > your money, contact your debit/credit card company or bank and tell them
    > what has happened and that any charges to the card made by Prometric are
    > invalid and unauthorized. If they've already charged your card, you might

    be
    > out of luck.

    I don't think that this is any fault of the instructor. Every exam that
    I've ever signed up for I received an email confirmation with the exam name
    on it. The fact that he signed up for the wrong test is a strong indicator
    to me that he was not ready for the test, and/or expected to take the exam
    without any preparation other than the classroom material. I don't think
    that you can blame the instructor or the training facility for that. A
    brief review of the web site list course content, objectives to be met, and
    cert(s) and test that the course "helps" prepares the student for. At this
    point I think the only recourse may be to take the exam that he actually
    signed up for.

    Problem number two is a strong advertisement against the use of debit cards.
    While banks and credit unions advertise that you can use them just like a
    Visa card you don't have the same consumer protections as you do with a
    credit card. Had he used a "real" visa all he would have to do is call the
    credit card company, report to them what happened and the problem wouldn't
    be a problem right now. With a debit card his money is tied up instead of
    the credit card company's. The owness is on him to prove there is a problem
    and he doesn't have as much time to do so as with a credit card. With a
    "real" credit card the credit card company would conduct the investigation
    and/or just not pay Prometric because he told them it was not an authorized
    charge.

    Debit cards are nice, and convienant as long as you don't have any problems
    with them, but once you do you may find that you're out of money, and
    they're not worth it.

    Maestro, Jul 11, 2003