    topics. I have heard of and quickly checked smile city
    but did not have a good first impression.

    Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.
    xyz, Oct 11, 2004

  2. xyz wrote:
    > I have looked at nzdating.com and like the style
    > and ease of use etc but it is primarily a dating
    > site and I am looking for something else with high
    > volume and intelligent posts that is focused on all
    > topics. I have heard of and quickly checked smile city
    > but did not have a good first impression.

    ummm, for one, I dont know what you mean you're looking for.
    I know you want forums, with intelligent posts blah blah but on what
    sort of subject?

    do you want it limited to nzers only? if so, then you'll most likely
    find them to be a lot lower traffic.

    tried newsgroups?
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 11, 2004

  3. xyz

    will Guest

    will, Oct 11, 2004
  4. It seems like Mon, 11 Oct 2004 00:48:33 GMT was when
    domain (xyz) said Blah blah blah...

    >I have looked at nzdating.com and like the style
    >and ease of use etc but it is primarily a dating
    >site and I am looking for something else with high
    >volume and intelligent posts that is focused on all
    >topics. I have heard of and quickly checked smile city
    >but did not have a good first impression.
    >
    >Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

    I don't know if you'd find something like that in NZ. Perhaps you
    could write a web front end to nz.general, called www.nzchat.com and
    get everyone to go there and post. I dunno.
    --
    Regards,
    Waylon Kenning.

    1st Year B.I.T. WelTec
    Waylon Kenning, Oct 11, 2004
  5. xyz

    Geronimo! Guest

    On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 00:48:33 GMT, domain (xyz) wrote:

    >I have looked at nzdating.com and like the style
    >and ease of use etc but it is primarily a dating
    >site and I am looking for something else with high
    >volume and intelligent posts that is focused on all
    >topics. I have heard of and quickly checked smile city
    >but did not have a good first impression.
    >
    >Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

    Yes its called Usenet..
    Geronimo!, Oct 11, 2004
  6. xyz

    AD. Guest

    On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 14:44:46 +1300, Waylon Kenning wrote:

    > It seems like Mon, 11 Oct 2004 00:48:33 GMT was when
    > domain (xyz) said Blah blah blah...
    >
    >>I have looked at nzdating.com and like the style and ease of use etc but
    >>it is primarily a dating site and I am looking for something else with
    >>high volume and intelligent posts that is focused on all topics. I have
    >>heard of and quickly checked smile city but did not have a good first
    >>impression.
    >>
    >>Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

    > I don't know if you'd find something like that in NZ. Perhaps you could
    > write a web front end to nz.general, called www.nzchat.com and get
    > everyone to go there and post. I dunno.

    Normally I'd be horrified at the suggestion of a web to usenet front end,
    but hey nz.general deserves it! :)

    Cheers
    Anton
    AD., Oct 11, 2004
  7. Waylon Kenning wrote:
    >>I have looked at nzdating.com and like the style
    >>and ease of use etc but it is primarily a dating
    >>site and I am looking for something else with high
    >>volume and intelligent posts that is focused on all
    >>topics.

    > I don't know if you'd find something like that in NZ. Perhaps you
    > could write a web front end to nz.general, called www.nzchat.com and
    > get everyone to go there and post. I dunno.

    ahem... he said intelligent and on topic, I dont think that nz.general
    is the right place. :)
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 11, 2004
  8. xyz

    MarkH Guest

    domain (xyz) wrote in news:BLkad.12042$JQ4.758898
    @news.xtra.co.nz:

    > I have looked at nzdating.com and like the style
    > and ease of use etc but it is primarily a dating
    > site and I am looking for something else with high
    > volume and intelligent posts that is focused on all
    > topics. I have heard of and quickly checked smile city
    > but did not have a good first impression.

    Focused on all topics? How can you focus on all topics?

    There is a general discussion forum at:
    http://www.nzgames.com/forums
    It has high volume and there are intelligent posts, but the high volume
    does not consist of an overwhelming proportion of intelligent posts. i.e.
    Some regular posters are intelligent, many others are retards.

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    See my pics at www.gigatech.co.nz
    understand binary and those that don't"

    MarkH, Oct 11, 2004
  9. xyz

    xyz Guest

    In article <416a0c99$1_4@127.0.0.1>, says...

    > (xyz) wrote in news:BLkad.12042$JQ4.758898
    >@news.xtra.co.nz:
    >
    >> I have looked at nzdating.com and like the style
    >> and ease of use etc but it is primarily a dating
    >> site and I am looking for something else with high
    >> volume and intelligent posts that is focused on all
    >> topics. I have heard of and quickly checked smile city
    >> but did not have a good first impression.

    >Focused on all topics? How can you focus on all topics?
    >
    >There is a general discussion forum at:
    >http://www.nzgames.com/forums
    >It has high volume and there are intelligent posts, but the high volume
    >does not consist of an overwhelming proportion of intelligent posts. i.e.
    >Some regular posters are intelligent, many others are retards.

    Thats what Ive found on NZD...I still like it.. might just stay there even though
    Im ok in the dating department. Will check nzgames out too though.. thanks.

    xyz, Oct 11, 2004
  10. xyz

    xyz Guest

    In article <416a0c99$1_4@127.0.0.1>, says...

    > (xyz) wrote in news:BLkad.12042$JQ4.758898
    >@news.xtra.co.nz:
    >
    >> I have looked at nzdating.com and like the style
    >> and ease of use etc but it is primarily a dating
    >> site and I am looking for something else with high
    >> volume and intelligent posts that is focused on all
    >> topics. I have heard of and quickly checked smile city
    >> but did not have a good first impression.

    >Focused on all topics? How can you focus on all topics?

    Yeah I thought someone might pick up on that. :)

    >There is a general discussion forum at:
    >http://www.nzgames.com/forums
    >It has high volume and there are intelligent posts, but the high volume
    >does not consist of an overwhelming proportion of intelligent posts. i.e.
    >Some regular posters are intelligent, many others are retards.

    Ive found the same thing on NZD..still like it though..

    Ill take a look at nzgames.com... thanks.

    xyz, Oct 11, 2004
  11. xyz

    xyz Guest

    In article <>, dave@no_spam_here_please_dave.net.nz says...

    >xyz wrote:
    >> I have looked at nzdating.com and like the style
    >> and ease of use etc but it is primarily a dating
    >> site and I am looking for something else with high
    >> volume and intelligent posts that is focused on all
    >> topics. I have heard of and quickly checked smile city
    >> but did not have a good first impression.

    >ummm, for one, I dont know what you mean you're looking for.
    >I know you want forums, with intelligent posts blah blah but on what
    >sort of subject?

    All subjects.. mine would tend to be more on the serious side than humor..

    >do you want it limited to nzers only? if so, then you'll most likely
    >find them to be a lot lower traffic.

    Yeah, NZders mainly... with ability to post emoticons and pics..

    >tried newsgroups?

    Yeah I have.. usenet as a whole is masive and a great resource I know..
    but the NZ groups are low volume (and have spam) and dont compete with the
    web based boards Ive tried..

    I might just stick to NZD (as well as usenet).. even though Im ok in the dating department..

    Thx
    xyz, Oct 11, 2004
  12. xyz wrote:
    >>do you want it limited to nzers only? if so, then you'll most likely
    >>find them to be a lot lower traffic.

    > Yeah, NZders mainly... with ability to post emoticons and pics..

    emoticons? *shudder*.

    >>tried newsgroups?

    > Yeah I have.. usenet as a whole is masive and a great resource I know..
    > but the NZ groups are low volume (and have spam) and dont compete with the
    > web based boards Ive tried..
    > I might just stick to NZD (as well as usenet).. even though Im ok in the dating department..

    ok then, good luck.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 11, 2004
  13. xyz

    Mrs Norris Guest

    xyz wrote:

    > I have looked at nzdating.com and like the style
    > and ease of use etc but it is primarily a dating
    > site and I am looking for something else with high
    > volume and intelligent posts that is focused on all
    > topics. I have heard of and quickly checked smile city
    > but did not have a good first impression.
    >
    > Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

    well, try also nz.politics
    Mrs Norris, Oct 13, 2004

    Simon H. Garlick <simon at garlick dot net dot nz>
    PGP Keys available at www.garlick.net.nz/pgp.html
    Simon H. Garlick, Oct 13, 2004