Who can help with WGet?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Philip, Feb 22, 2006.

  1. Philip

    Philip Guest

    I'm trying to use WGet under Windows XP to download a file each hour and
    place it in a specific directory for my radio station playout software
    to find.

    I have studied the WGet doc file, bujt I cannot find how to force the
    file always to be saved in the one specific place. There seems no
    command-line parameter to say:
    write this file to q:\newsfiles.

    What is happening instead is that it writes the file to a directory
    named as the IP address of the host. and the subdirectory in which it is
    stored on that host. So: 192.168.45.54/feeds/filename.

    That would be manageable, if annoying, but it is now taking to creating
    another level in the .../feeds subdir called 192.168.45.54/feeds/!

    I'm assuming this is a dissonance between the coders of this clever
    software, the writers of the dox and me - they see things thru
    different glasses than I do.

    Can anyone here point me to an answer?

    Philip

    Philip, Feb 22, 2006