    Keep in mind that the list price of the camera is US$400.

    --
    Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN |
    Bert Hyman, Feb 13, 2007

  2. Bert Hyman

    Chuck Guest

    Price aside-- some builders have commercial accounts that have significant
    discounts.

    Chuck, Feb 13, 2007

  3. Bert Hyman

    Al Dykes Guest

    In article <yKmAh.50420$>,
    Chuck <> wrote:
    >Price aside-- some builders have commercial accounts that have significant
    >discounts.
    >
    >"Bert Hyman" <> wrote in message
    >> I've been tracking the price of the Canon S3 IS at
    >> resellerratings.com and was astonished when I found this:
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/3arpv8
    >>
    >> Keep in mind that the list price of the camera is US$400.

    Funny. I've never seen the camera section at HD. :)

    I live in NYC. In the 70s, when a buddy and I were going on a major
    trip, his Mom decided to give him a camera. She she didn't know squat
    about cameras but got advice that the Nikon FTN (current at the time)
    was the hot tip (and I had the Nikormat kit.)

    Mom goes to the 34th st Macy's and buys a Nikon FTN at list.

    Most people know that the cheapest prices in the world have always
    been within a couple blocks of Macy's, but not at Macy's.

    We never told her.

    --
    a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m
    Al Dykes, Feb 13, 2007
  4. Bert Hyman wrote:
    > I've been tracking the price of the Canon S3 IS at
    > resellerratings.com and was astonished when I found this:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/3arpv8
    >
    > Keep in mind that the list price of the camera is US$400.

    Not only the price, but "there are 6.0 megapixels of imaging power" amused
    me. I better be really careful with the power inside my Ricoh - 7.1
    megapixels. Wow!

    David
    David J Taylor, Feb 13, 2007
  5. Bert Hyman

    AZ Nomad Guest

    On 13 Feb 2007 17:32:01 GMT, Bert Hyman <> wrote:

    >I've been tracking the price of the Canon S3 IS at
    >resellerratings.com and was astonished when I found this:

    >http://tinyurl.com/3arpv8

    >Keep in mind that the list price of the camera is US$400.

    Wanna buy a nice kodak DC260 I have laying around? Its list price was
    only $699. I'll let you have it for half that.
    AZ Nomad, Feb 13, 2007
  6. Bert Hyman

    timeOday Guest

    David J Taylor wrote:
    > Bert Hyman wrote:
    >
    >>I've been tracking the price of the Canon S3 IS at
    >>resellerratings.com and was astonished when I found this:
    >>
    >>http://tinyurl.com/3arpv8
    >>
    >>Keep in mind that the list price of the camera is US$400.

    > Not only the price, but "there are 6.0 megapixels of imaging power" amused
    > me. I better be really careful with the power inside my Ricoh - 7.1
    > megapixels. Wow!

    I wonder if the Home Depot camera is compatible with the interchangeable
    battery system for my drill and sander! Gosh that would be great.
    timeOday, Feb 13, 2007
  7. On Feb 13, 12:53 pm, "David J Taylor" <-
    this-bit.nor-this-part.uk> wrote:
    > Bert Hyman wrote:
    > > I've been tracking the price of the Canon S3 IS at
    > > resellerratings.com and was astonished when I found this:

    > >http://tinyurl.com/3arpv8

    > > Keep in mind that the list price of the camera is US$400.

    > Not only the price, but "there are 6.0 megapixels of imaging power" amused
    > me. I better be really careful with the power inside my Ricoh - 7.1
    > megapixels. Wow!
    >
    > David

    Not to mention that I would much rather prefer a camera with a hot
    shot
    than not; as the Kodak P712 for same prive.
    Mr.Bolshoyhuy, Feb 13, 2007
  8. Bert Hyman

    gerrit Guest

    wrote in message news:mWmAh.11309$...
    > Bert Hyman wrote:
    > > I've been tracking the price of the Canon S3 IS at
    > > resellerratings.com and was astonished when I found this:
    > >
    > > http://tinyurl.com/3arpv8
    > >
    > > Keep in mind that the list price of the camera is US$400.

    > Not only the price, but "there are 6.0 megapixels of imaging power" amused
    > me. I better be really careful with the power inside my Ricoh - 7.1
    > megapixels. Wow!
    >
    > David

    And then there is : "The extra-long 12x Canon optical zoom brings you in
    close to capture intimate details."

    Can't you go to jail for that sort of thing?

    Is there a law in the USA that punishes "inciting to do" ?

    Gerrit - Oz
    gerrit, Feb 14, 2007