Who are Preferred Photo and Prestige Camera?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Don Wiss, Sep 3, 2005.

  1. Don Wiss

    Don Wiss Guest

    I am working on getting some more Brooklyn store front pictures on the web.
    I'm also trying to find new ones, so I can get all caught up before winter
    sets in. Preferred Photo and Prestige Camera are two new vendors found at:
    www.preferredphoto.com and www.prestigecamera.com

    Now I have not been able to find any address at all for Preferred Photo. On
    this page http://brooklyn.citysearch.com/profile/40903361/ I was able to
    find one for Prestige Camera, but no other place. I have tried the BBB. I
    have tried phone number reverse lookups. I have checked the whois records.
    I have searched on the phone numbers to see if they are shared with any
    other place. Nothing except that citysearch entry. (The phone number there
    does reverse to that address, but that number isn't used any place else.)
    It could be a bogus yellow pages listing created to mislead. It is a ways
    away, but I will head out for a picture soon.

    One interesting site is www.PriceArrow.com. Now check out some pages. Most
    have no products, except digital cameras and some related things. So pick
    something along the left. Only five vendors are highlighted. Pick another.
    Same five! Sometimes there is a See All link at the bottom. If so, that
    will only bring up one more.

    Now what do these five have in common? Well, the three that aren't the two
    I'm discussing above are all Broadway Photo. So could it be that these two
    new vendors are likewise names for Broadway Photo?

    Now here's another site: http://www.pricehead.com/product.asp?i=21562
    The first five listed are the same five as at pricearrow.com. Same logos.
    Now click the link to 19 ratings for Preferred Photo. Don't they all look
    the same? And all 19 were posted in a three week period. Not bad for a new
    vendor. But wait. Look along the left. There are those five featured
    vendors again! Now don't you agree that these two new ones are just new
    names for Broadway Photo?

    Don Wiss, Sep 3, 2005