Whittakers chocolate has been eaten, that much is clear.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Gordon, Sep 26, 2009.

  1. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    After installing a extension for Firefox I got a new windows saying how good
    of me having done this and splatter with ads all over the screen.

    Okay, video conversion is not platform specific. So I clicked on the link.
    Yes all about Ms Windows. Scroll down and the we have.

    http://www.downloadhelper.net/conversion-manual.php

    Registration
    Registration benefits

    We detected that you are not running Windows as your operating system.

    Registration is useless for you as the video conversion is already
    unrestricted on your operating system.

    Registration of the video converter is useful if you are running Windows. It
    gives the following benefits:

    * Converted videos do not longer have the ConvertHelper logo at the top
    * left corner
    * You can convert a video to a MP3 file in case you are only interested
    * in the audio
    * You have access to our support service

    Unquote

    For a split second I was unsure if this meant that registration was a
    good thing or going open source was the way to go. Then I remembered
    the the Whittakers chocolate ad. Offer a politican Whittakers
    chocolate bar, he eats and soon stops spouting bullshit.

    I trust that they release the code, as it appears to be based on ffmpeg,
    which is open source.

    Gordon, Sep 26, 2009

  2. Gordon

    victor Guest

    Gordon wrote:
    > After installing a extension for Firefox I got a new windows saying how good
    > of me having done this and splatter with ads all over the screen.
    >
    > Okay, video conversion is not platform specific. So I clicked on the link.
    > Yes all about Ms Windows. Scroll down and the we have.
    >
    > http://www.downloadhelper.net/conversion-manual.php

    > Registration
    > Registration benefits
    >
    > We detected that you are not running Windows as your operating system.
    >
    > Registration is useless for you as the video conversion is already
    > unrestricted on your operating system.
    >
    > Registration of the video converter is useful if you are running Windows. It
    > gives the following benefits:
    >
    > * Converted videos do not longer have the ConvertHelper logo at the top
    > * left corner
    > * You can convert a video to a MP3 file in case you are only interested
    > * in the audio
    > * You have access to our support service
    >
    > Unquote
    >
    > For a split second I was unsure if this meant that registration was a
    > good thing or going open source was the way to go. Then I remembered
    > the the Whittakers chocolate ad. Offer a politican Whittakers
    > chocolate bar, he eats and soon stops spouting bullshit.
    >
    > I trust that they release the code, as it appears to be based on ffmpeg,
    > which is open source.

    Try this one
    http://www.free-video-downloader.com/

    victor, Sep 26, 2009