    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.daily-reviews.com
    Aaron J. Bossig, Sep 19, 2003

  2. Aaron J. Bossig

    ThePunisher Guest

    Aaron J. Bossig wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Is there anything along the lines of a new Trainspotting release due?
    > A few years back, there was talk of Criterion doing the title, then
    > that fell through. Then BV was supposed to do their own SE, which
    > was quietly stopped. Is anyone going to pick up the slack on this
    > title?
    >
    > Yeah, I know about the Canadian version, but it just seems like
    > Trainspotting is due for an upgrade.

    It already has been,

    http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=2&p=t&c=736

    --
    ThePunisher
    ThePunisher, Sep 20, 2003

  3. On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 07:36:14 +0100, "ThePunisher" <> wrote:

    >Aaron J. Bossig wrote:
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> Is there anything along the lines of a new Trainspotting release due?
    >> A few years back, there was talk of Criterion doing the title, then
    >> that fell through. Then BV was supposed to do their own SE, which
    >> was quietly stopped. Is anyone going to pick up the slack on this
    >> title?
    >>
    >> Yeah, I know about the Canadian version, but it just seems like
    >> Trainspotting is due for an upgrade.

    >It already has been,
    >
    >http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=2&p=t&c=736

    The only way they could upgrade this demented pile of shit is to burn all the prints

    Doc Speedbyrd
    Doc Speedbyrd, Sep 20, 2003
  4. Aaron J. Bossig

    Vincent Vega Guest

    Vincent Vega, Sep 20, 2003
  5. Aaron J. Bossig, Sep 21, 2003
  6. On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 01:19:53 GMT, "Aaron J. Bossig"
    <> wrote:

    >> This is an Region 2 release. I don't think that's what the original
    >> poster was referring to.

    >Your are correct. I had been referring to a R1 release.

    Well, if you don't mention that, how would we know? Not all of us are
    from the same country you know...

    Although, if someone doesn't mention his country or what region he's
    actually looking for, he is probably an American ;-)

    Mischa
    Mischa van Dinter, Sep 21, 2003
  7. Aaron J. Bossig

    Vincent Vega Guest

    In article <>,
    Mischa van Dinter <> wrote:

    > Well, if you don't mention that, how would we know? Not all of us are
    > from the same country you know...

    Uhhh...because he mentioned SPECIFICALLY a Canandian release which is
    obviously R1. Don't know how much more detective work you'd need than
    that.
    Vincent Vega, Sep 21, 2003
  8. On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 15:16:04 GMT, Vincent Vega <>
    wrote:

    >Uhhh...because he mentioned SPECIFICALLY a Canandian release which is
    >obviously R1. Don't know how much more detective work you'd need than
    >that.

    He says he KNOWS about the Canadian edition, and he is not looking for
    that one. He is not asking fo a specific region. I can mention a
    Canadian disc too, but that does not mean I am in R1 or that I only
    want R1.

    And of course he's in R1, that is obvious. Just the lack of a mention
    of a specific region is enough to deduce that. Especially US citizens
    frequently forget that usenet is an international forum. But he never
    said that R1 is what he wanted.

    Mischa
    Mischa van Dinter, Sep 21, 2003
  9. Aaron J. Bossig

    ThePunisher Guest

    Vincent Vega wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > "ThePunisher" <> wrote:
    >
    > > It already has been,
    > >
    > > http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=2&p=t&c=736

    > This is an Region 2 release. I don't think that's what the original
    > poster was referring to.

    And what? if you're going to limit yourself to a certain region, then you
    can't complain when you get shitty release compared to other regions.

    --
    ThePunisher
    ThePunisher, Sep 21, 2003
  10. On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 17:41:45 +0200, Mischa van Dinter <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 15:16:04 GMT, Vincent Vega <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Uhhh...because he mentioned SPECIFICALLY a Canandian release which is
    >>obviously R1. Don't know how much more detective work you'd need than
    >>that.

    >He says he KNOWS about the Canadian edition, and he is not looking for
    >that one. He is not asking fo a specific region. I can mention a
    >Canadian disc too, but that does not mean I am in R1 or that I only
    >want R1.
    >
    >And of course he's in R1, that is obvious. Just the lack of a mention
    >of a specific region is enough to deduce that. Especially US citizens
    >frequently forget that usenet is an international forum. But he never
    >said that R1 is what he wanted.
    >
    >Mischa

    why not forget this tripe and concentrate on a GOOD movie

    Doc Speedbyrd
    Doc Speedbyrd, Sep 21, 2003
  11. In article <>,
    Doc Speedbyrd <> wrote:

    > why not forget this tripe and concentrate on a GOOD movie

    Said the fucking moron.
    Ura Dippschitt, Sep 21, 2003
  12. >>Uhhh...because he mentioned SPECIFICALLY a Canandian release which is
    >>obviously R1. Don't know how much more detective work you'd need than
    >>that.

    > He says he KNOWS about the Canadian edition, and he is not looking for
    > that one. He is not asking fo a specific region. I can mention a
    > Canadian disc too, but that does not mean I am in R1 or that I only
    > want R1.
    >
    > And of course he's in R1, that is obvious. Just the lack of a mention
    > of a specific region is enough to deduce that. Especially US citizens
    > frequently forget that usenet is an international forum. But he never
    > said that R1 is what he wanted.

    To help you through your confusion, yes, I am in R1, yes, I was asking
    about a R1 release. I would have thought that my ISP, along with my
    mentioning the Canadian release, would have been enough to tell you
    that.

    So as to avoid future misunderstandings, alt.video.dvd is primarily a R1
    group. While it is read internationally, the topics are implied to be
    R1-centered. When a topic from another region is brought up, a point is
    made
    to denote the different region, usually in the subject header. Not
    specifying a region means you can safely assume R1.

    If you are looking for heavy discussion on other regions, you might want
    to look for newsgroups specific to that region-- they do exist. Try
    uk.media.dvd or aus.dvd.

    Hope that helps.

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.daily-reviews.com
    Aaron J. Bossig, Sep 21, 2003
  13. "Aaron J. Bossig" <> wrote in message
    > >>Uhhh...because he mentioned SPECIFICALLY a Canandian release which is
    > >>obviously R1. Don't know how much more detective work you'd need than
    > >>that.

    > > He says he KNOWS about the Canadian edition, and he is not looking for
    > > that one. He is not asking fo a specific region. I can mention a
    > > Canadian disc too, but that does not mean I am in R1 or that I only
    > > want R1.
    > >
    > > And of course he's in R1, that is obvious. Just the lack of a mention
    > > of a specific region is enough to deduce that. Especially US citizens
    > > frequently forget that usenet is an international forum. But he never
    > > said that R1 is what he wanted.

    > To help you through your confusion, yes, I am in R1, yes, I was asking
    > about a R1 release. I would have thought that my ISP, along with my
    > mentioning the Canadian release, would have been enough to tell you
    > that.
    >
    > So as to avoid future misunderstandings, alt.video.dvd is primarily a R1
    > group. While it is read internationally, the topics are implied to be
    > R1-centered. When a topic from another region is brought up, a point is
    > made

    When was it decided that alt.video.dvd was primarily a R1 group?

    Stephen Clark, Sep 21, 2003
  14. On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 21:50:59 GMT, Ura Dippschitt <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > Doc Speedbyrd <> wrote:
    >
    >> why not forget this tripe and concentrate on a GOOD movie

    >Said the fucking moron.

    You said that already. It had no impact then; it doesn't now.

    You are now dismissed! PLONK!

    Doc Speedbyrd
    Doc Speedbyrd, Sep 22, 2003
  15. >> So as to avoid future misunderstandings, alt.video.dvd is primarily a
    >> R1 group. While it is read internationally, the topics are implied
    >> to be R1-centered. When a topic from another region is brought up, a
    >> point is made

    > When was it decided that alt.video.dvd was primarily a R1 group?

    I don't know if it's in the charter or not, but community standards
    have definately pushed the group in that direction.

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.daily-reviews.com
    Aaron J. Bossig, Sep 22, 2003
  16. On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 02:39:11 GMT, "Aaron J. Bossig" <> wrote:

    >>> So as to avoid future misunderstandings, alt.video.dvd is primarily a
    >>> R1 group. While it is read internationally, the topics are implied
    >>> to be R1-centered. When a topic from another region is brought up, a
    >>> point is made

    >> When was it decided that alt.video.dvd was primarily a R1 group?

    >I don't know if it's in the charter or not, but community standards
    >have definately pushed the group in that direction.

    Lemmings. They're all lemmings.

    Doc Speedbyrd
    Doc Speedbyrd, Sep 22, 2003
  17. "Aaron J. Bossig" <> wrote in message news:<Xns93FB14BDCE3C9linkvb06@204.186.201.17>...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Is there anything along the lines of a new Trainspotting release due?
    > A few years back, there was talk of Criterion doing the title, then
    > that fell through. Then BV was supposed to do their own SE, which
    > was quietly stopped. Is anyone going to pick up the slack on this
    > title?
    >
    > Yeah, I know about the Canadian version, but it just seems like
    > Trainspotting is due for an upgrade.

    I already posted about this in another thread a few months back. Looks
    like there's no Region 1 on the horizon unfortunately. I've been
    sending emails to Miramax/Buena Vista though, hopefully they'll catch
    on and release it.

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=#link1
    Master Volume, Sep 22, 2003
  18. On 21 Sep 2003 20:12:16 -0700, (Master Volume) wrote:

    >"Aaron J. Bossig" <> wrote in message news:<Xns93FB14BDCE3C9linkvb06@204.186.201.17>...
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> Is there anything along the lines of a new Trainspotting release due?
    >> A few years back, there was talk of Criterion doing the title, then
    >> that fell through. Then BV was supposed to do their own SE, which
    >> was quietly stopped. Is anyone going to pick up the slack on this
    >> title?
    >>
    >> Yeah, I know about the Canadian version, but it just seems like
    >> Trainspotting is due for an upgrade.

    >I already posted about this in another thread a few months back. Looks
    >like there's no Region 1 on the horizon unfortunately. I've been
    >sending emails to Miramax/Buena Vista though, hopefully they'll catch
    >on and release it.
    >
    >http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=#link1

    Hopefully not.

    Doc Speedbyrd
    Doc Speedbyrd, Sep 22, 2003
  19. Aaron J. Bossig

    Raif79 Guest

    >Hopefully not.
    >
    > Doc Speedbyrd

    How many times are you going to post your hatred of this film? Quit your
    trolling.

    MF777
    Raif79, Sep 22, 2003
  20. On 22 Sep 2003 06:25:05 GMT, (Raif79) wrote:

    >>Hopefully not.
    >>
    >> Doc Speedbyrd
    >>

    >How many times are you going to post your hatred of this film? Quit your
    >trolling.
    >
    >MF777

    Hey! Take a hike if you don't like it! You don't give me orders!!
    AOL lowlife. Ugh, the humanity (?)

    Doc Speedbyrd
    Doc Speedbyrd, Sep 22, 2003