White island webcam

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Nicholas Sherlock, Nov 13, 2005.

  1. Nicholas Sherlock, Nov 13, 2005

  2. Nicholas Sherlock

    Rudy Canoza Guest

    Nicholas Sherlock wrote:

    > Hey all,
    >
    > Question about the White Island webcam:
    >
    > http://www.geonet.org.nz/whiteisland.html
    >
    > What is the bright object that seems to be setting from 1am to 3am,
    > November 13?

    I'm quite sure it's the moon. Right now it's fairly high in the sky and
    descending (is that the term?).

    Rudy Canoza, Nov 13, 2005

  3. Rudy Canoza wrote:
    > Nicholas Sherlock wrote:
    >
    >>Hey all,
    >>
    >>Question about the White Island webcam:
    >>
    >>http://www.geonet.org.nz/whiteisland.html
    >>
    >>What is the bright object that seems to be setting from 1am to 3am,
    >>November 13?

    > I'm quite sure it's the moon. Right now it's fairly high in the sky and
    > descending (is that the term?).

    Ah, so it is. I just wondered because it shows /so/ bright in the webcam :).

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Nov 13, 2005
  4. Nicholas Sherlock

    BTMO Guest

    "Rudy Canoza" <> wrote .

    >> Question about the White Island webcam:
    >>
    >> http://www.geonet.org.nz/whiteisland.html
    >>
    >> What is the bright object that seems to be setting from 1am to 3am,
    >> November 13?

    > I'm quite sure it's the moon. Right now it's fairly high in the sky and
    > descending (is that the term?).

    Looks like Dino had some sort of a bright idea...

    ;-)

    BTMO, Nov 13, 2005
  5. Nicholas Sherlock

    steve Guest

    Nicholas Sherlock wrote:

    > Hey all,
    >
    > Question about the White Island webcam:
    >
    > http://www.geonet.org.nz/whiteisland.html
    >
    > What is the bright object that seems to be setting from 1am to 3am,
    > November 13?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Nicholas Sherlock

    Venus is *very* bright right now, setting in the West/southwest at about
    11pm/midnight.....and the moon is just over half, but setting around
    2am-ish (I think).

    steve, Nov 13, 2005
  6. Nicholas Sherlock

    steve Guest

    Nicholas Sherlock wrote:

    > Ah, so it is. I just wondered because it shows /so/ bright in the webcam
    > :).

    Long exposure time?

    steve, Nov 13, 2005