    (e.g. proxy server / address, etc.?)

    Thanks in advance and best wishes,

    News Reader
    News Reader, Apr 6, 2011

  2. News Reader

    Graham. Guest

    "News Reader" <> wrote in message news:ingpjn$po5$...

    > Hi,
    >

    > Anyone able to advise vanilla SIP use for this operator?
    >
    > (e.g. proxy server / address, etc.?)
    >

    > Thanks in advance and best wishes,
    >

    > News Reader

    Yes it's a fun little service isn't it?
    Seems to work with all SIP hardware and softphones

    proxy = proxy.whistlephone.com
    username/display name/authorization name = the 10 digit US phone number

    I'm not at all sure that I approve of the Whistlephone softphone installer putting
    the exe file directly into my All Users\Start Menu\Programs group.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Apr 6, 2011

  3. Per News Reader:
    >Anyone able to advise vanilla SIP use for this operator?
    >
    >(e.g. proxy server / address, etc.?)

    I'm too much of a noob to even know what "proxy server" is, but
    have been on CallCentric.com for several months with no
    complaints.

    - They had web pages that stepped me through setting up
    my gateway painlessly

    - Response to my request to spoof my POTS number was
    impressively fast

    - On my prepaid account, topping up the minutes can be
    (and is) automated to where it's totally painless

    - Reporting capability is everything I'd ever want.
    --
    PeteCresswell
    (PeteCresswell), Apr 6, 2011
  4. News Reader

    Graham. Guest

    "Graham." <> wrote in message news:inhst0$293$...

    > "News Reader" <> wrote in message news:ingpjn$po5$...
    >>
    >> Hi,
    >>

    >> Anyone able to advise vanilla SIP use for this operator?
    >>
    >> (e.g. proxy server / address, etc.?)
    >>

    >> Thanks in advance and best wishes,
    >>

    >> News Reader

    > Yes it's a fun little service isn't it?
    > Seems to work with all SIP hardware and softphones
    >
    > proxy = proxy.whistlephone.com
    > username/display name/authorization name = the 10 digit US phone number
    >
    > I'm not at all sure that I approve of the Whistlephone softphone installer putting
    > the exe file directly into my All Users\Start Menu\Programs group.

    Slight correction, having just made some test calls. leave the field that carries the CLI blank
    this is "display name" in x-lite and "User ID" in Sipura products.

    Also I note that your callers get a musical ringtone at their end, and I have just checked
    and can confirm that the call is technically answered at this point, so if your callers pay
    for calls to the USA they will be charged for calls that are not answered.

    The callers CLI is not passed through, I am getting various ones apparently from the US,
    Croatia and the Nederlands so far.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Apr 6, 2011
  5. News Reader

    Graham. Guest

    "(PeteCresswell)" <> wrote in message news:p...
    > Per News Reader:
    >>Anyone able to advise vanilla SIP use for this operator?
    >>
    >>(e.g. proxy server / address, etc.?)

    > I'm too much of a noob to even know what "proxy server" is, but
    > have been on CallCentric.com for several months with no
    > complaints.
    >
    > - They had web pages that stepped me through setting up
    > my gateway painlessly
    >
    > - Response to my request to spoof my POTS number was
    > impressively fast
    >
    > - On my prepaid account, topping up the minutes can be
    > (and is) automated to where it's totally painless
    >
    > - Reporting capability is everything I'd ever want.
    > --
    > PeteCresswell

    The SIP proxy is simply the URL that your phone connects to the service on.

    I happen to know the Callcentric one because I have played around with it in the past, and have
    an account.
    It's callcentric.com, as simple as that :)

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Apr 6, 2011
  6. News Reader

    News Reader Guest

    > Hi,
    >

    > Anyone able to advise vanilla SIP use for this operator?
    >
    > (e.g. proxy server / address, etc.?)
    >

    > Thanks in advance and best wishes,
    >

    > News Reader

    Hi All,

    Thanks for the posts and thoughts.

    I shortly after found the relevant proxy server address - lol! Silly me,
    sorry and thank you again.

    Callcentric does generally seem to be (quite) comprehensive.

    : - )

    Best wishes, chat again soon(!),

    News Reader
    News Reader, Apr 7, 2011