Whine: They've Never Perfected Windows

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bro Jack, Apr 26, 2005.

  1. Bro Jack

    Bro Jack Guest

    Win 98 (2nd)-- Right from the start, the caps light would inexplicably
    flash on when booting-up. But this was no big deal. The worst thing
    was that everything would freeze, at least once per day. Sometimes
    all the lights would flash and the system wouldn't accept any
    commands. It would go haywire. You'd click "IE" or "Free Agent" and
    control panel would open up, etc. Good riddance to Win 98; I
    tolerated it for four years.

    Win XP (Residence)-- New computer, Feb. 2005 but this ain't any
    better. At least once and usually twice a day there's an error
    message with the option "Send report" or "Don't send report." In
    either case, everything is lost and I'm bounced back to desktop. The
    details sometimes say that there is something wrong with hardware
    drivers, but more often than not the details are incomprehensible.
    Also, about 30% of the time when I shut down, the damn thing reboots
    instead. Occasionally it reboots when I'm not shutting down.

    Irritating as hell, Mr. Gates.

    Jack

    Bro Jack, Apr 26, 2005

  2. Bro Jack

    °Mike° Guest

    In <>,
    Bro Jack took 20 lines to utter:

    >Win 98 (2nd)-- Right from the start, the caps light would inexplicably
    >flash on when booting-up. But this was no big deal. The worst thing
    >was that everything would freeze, at least once per day. Sometimes
    >all the lights would flash and the system wouldn't accept any
    >commands. It would go haywire. You'd click "IE" or "Free Agent" and
    >control panel would open up, etc. Good riddance to Win 98; I
    >tolerated it for four years.
    >
    >Win XP (Residence)-- New computer, Feb. 2005 but this ain't any
    >better. At least once and usually twice a day there's an error
    >message with the option "Send report" or "Don't send report." In
    >either case, everything is lost and I'm bounced back to desktop. The
    >details sometimes say that there is something wrong with hardware
    >drivers, but more often than not the details are incomprehensible.
    >Also, about 30% of the time when I shut down, the damn thing reboots
    >instead. Occasionally it reboots when I'm not shutting down.
    >
    >Irritating as hell, Mr. Gates.
    >
    >Jack

    PEBKAC

    --
    ACHTUNG! ALLES LOOKENSPEEPERS! Alles neubies und non-technischen looken peepers!
    Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy

    °Mike°, Apr 26, 2005

  3. Bro Jack

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Sounds like user error.

    pcbutts1, Apr 26, 2005
  4. Bro Jack

    chuckie® Guest

    There goes that d... song again...keeps playing over and over and over...
    You know the one...from the Wizard of Oz...Scarecrow...I think...
    Where's that d... yellow brick road again????
    PEBCAK is too kind...<sigh>....

    chuckie®, Apr 26, 2005
  5. Bro Jack

    MayB Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > In <>,
    > Bro Jack took 20 lines to utter:
    >
    > >Win 98 (2nd)-- Right from the start, the caps light would

    inexplicably
    > >flash on when booting-up. But this was no big deal. The worst

    thing
    > >was that everything would freeze, at least once per day. Sometimes
    > >all the lights would flash and the system wouldn't accept any
    > >commands. It would go haywire. You'd click "IE" or "Free Agent"

    and
    > >control panel would open up, etc. Good riddance to Win 98; I
    > >tolerated it for four years.
    > >
    > >Win XP (Residence)-- New computer, Feb. 2005 but this ain't any
    > >better. At least once and usually twice a day there's an error
    > >message with the option "Send report" or "Don't send report." In
    > >either case, everything is lost and I'm bounced back to desktop.

    The
    > >details sometimes say that there is something wrong with hardware
    > >drivers, but more often than not the details are incomprehensible.
    > >Also, about 30% of the time when I shut down, the damn thing

    reboots
    > >instead. Occasionally it reboots when I'm not shutting down.
    > >
    > >Irritating as hell, Mr. Gates.
    > >
    > >Jack

    > PEBKAC
    >

    > --
    > ACHTUNG! ALLES LOOKENSPEEPERS! Alles neubies und non-technischen

    looken peepers!
    > Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben.

    Ist easy
    > schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit

    spitzensparken. Ist
    > nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken

    sichtseeren keepen das
    > cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das

    cursorblinken.

    Jawohl! Jawohl, mein herr!

    MayB, Apr 26, 2005
  6. Bro Jack

    gangle Guest

    "°Mike°" wrote
    > Bro Jack took 20 lines to utter:
    >
    > >Win 98 (2nd)-- Right from the start, the caps light would inexplicably
    > >flash on when booting-up. But this was no big deal. The worst thing
    > >was that everything would freeze, at least once per day. Sometimes
    > >all the lights would flash and the system wouldn't accept any
    > >commands. It would go haywire. You'd click "IE" or "Free Agent" and
    > >control panel would open up, etc. Good riddance to Win 98; I
    > >tolerated it for four years.
    > >
    > >Win XP (Residence)-- New computer, Feb. 2005 but this ain't any
    > >better. At least once and usually twice a day there's an error
    > >message with the option "Send report" or "Don't send report." In
    > >either case, everything is lost and I'm bounced back to desktop. The
    > >details sometimes say that there is something wrong with hardware
    > >drivers, but more often than not the details are incomprehensible.
    > >Also, about 30% of the time when I shut down, the damn thing reboots
    > >instead. Occasionally it reboots when I'm not shutting down.
    > >
    > >Irritating as hell, Mr. Gates.
    > >
    > >Jack

    > PEBKAC

    Yeppers, that PEBKAC is a sure cure for diarrhea.

    gangle, Apr 26, 2005
  7. Bro Jack

    °Mike° Guest

    In <>,
    gangle took 29 lines to utter:

    >"°Mike°" wrote

    <snip>

    >> PEBKAC

    >Yeppers, that PEBKAC is a sure cure for diarrhea.

    Well it's enough to make one clench the cheeks tightly, anyway.

    °Mike°, Apr 26, 2005
  8. "The
    details sometimes say that there is something wrong with hardware
    drivers, "

    I don't have hardware driver problems, and I haven't seen a "send error
    report" for a long time. So for me, Windows is as perfect as I am
    capable of comprehending.

    Will Dearborn, Apr 26, 2005
  9. Bro Jack

    shrew Guest