    not being treated badly since removed from a working system like the
    last lot I got off tardme that came wrapped in a foodtown bag and then
    cardboard and suprisingly enough made bluescreens happen.
    Richard, Mar 16, 2011

  2. Richard

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Richard wrote:
    > I still need to get some DDR2 desktop modules that are known good, and
    > not being treated badly since removed from a working system like the
    > last lot I got off tardme that came wrapped in a foodtown bag and then
    > cardboard and suprisingly enough made bluescreens happen.

    Not so long ago I bought some 2GB DDR2 / 800 modules from this seller:
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings.aspx?member=214556
    They were Transcend and still sealed in the packaging and about half the
    price most stores wanted. It's running fine, stressed with all sorts of
    benchmarks (I overclocked that machine) and even run at higher than specced
    without raising VDIMM. I can highly recommend...

    Pretty hard to go past this:
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/Components/Memory-RAM/1-GB-or-more/auction-361818227.htm
    2GB module for $55, and the trader let me combine purchases *and* gave me a
    discount on second and subsequent purchases.

    (Normal rider applies, I stand to make nothing from this, just passing on a
    good experience.)
    --
    Shaun.

    into you." Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
    ~misfit~, Mar 16, 2011

  3. Richard

    Richard Guest

    On 17/03/2011 12:10 a.m., ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Somewhere on teh intarwebs Richard wrote:
    >> I still need to get some DDR2 desktop modules that are known good, and
    >> not being treated badly since removed from a working system like the
    >> last lot I got off tardme that came wrapped in a foodtown bag and then
    >> cardboard and suprisingly enough made bluescreens happen.

    > Not so long ago I bought some 2GB DDR2 / 800 modules from this seller:
    > http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings.aspx?member=214556
    > They were Transcend and still sealed in the packaging and about half the
    > price most stores wanted. It's running fine, stressed with all sorts of
    > benchmarks (I overclocked that machine) and even run at higher than specced
    > without raising VDIMM. I can highly recommend...
    >
    > Pretty hard to go past this:
    > http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/Components/Memory-RAM/1-GB-or-more/auction-361818227.htm
    > 2GB module for $55, and the trader let me combine purchases *and* gave me a
    > discount on second and subsequent purchases.
    >
    > (Normal rider applies, I stand to make nothing from this, just passing on a
    > good experience.)

    Hmm, I tend to avoid trading with anyone in that suburb but might give
    it a go since they allow pickup.

    At least the price of DDR2 hasnt gone up to the degree that DDR has yet.
    Richard, Mar 16, 2011
  4. Richard

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Richard wrote:
    > On 17/03/2011 12:10 a.m., ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Richard wrote:
    >>> I still need to get some DDR2 desktop modules that are known good,
    >>> and not being treated badly since removed from a working system
    >>> like the last lot I got off tardme that came wrapped in a foodtown
    >>> bag and then cardboard and suprisingly enough made bluescreens
    >>> happen.

    >> Not so long ago I bought some 2GB DDR2 / 800 modules from this
    >> seller: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings.aspx?member=214556
    >> They were Transcend and still sealed in the packaging and about half
    >> the price most stores wanted. It's running fine, stressed with all
    >> sorts of benchmarks (I overclocked that machine) and even run at
    >> higher than specced without raising VDIMM. I can highly recommend...
    >>
    >> Pretty hard to go past this:
    >> http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/Components/Memory-RAM/1-GB-or-more/auction-361818227.htm
    >> 2GB module for $55, and the trader let me combine purchases *and*
    >> gave me a discount on second and subsequent purchases.
    >>
    >> (Normal rider applies, I stand to make nothing from this, just
    >> passing on a good experience.)

    > Hmm, I tend to avoid trading with anyone in that suburb but might give
    > it a go since they allow pickup.
    >
    > At least the price of DDR2 hasnt gone up to the degree that DDR has
    > yet.

    It's going up quickly from on-line stores. However that trader gets their
    stock from HK, putting in an order weekly (prices fluctuate as the NZ dollar
    does) and their prices are hard to beat. In fact looking at sites like
    Ascent at the time they wanted 1.5 x as much.

    HOWEVER... Now it's not the case, for some reason it's dropped again;
    http://www.ascent.co.nz/productspecification.aspx?ItemID=363327
    Might be a better bet.

    That said I have a back-order of RAM from Ascent that was charged to my
    credit card two weeks ago. :-/

    Best of luck. I wouldn't buy second-hand from trademe unless it was either
    the only choice or I was saving 75%+ over new.

    ~misfit~, Mar 16, 2011
  5. Richard

    Gordon Guest

    On 2011-03-16, Richard <> wrote:

    > Hmm, I tend to avoid trading with anyone in that suburb but might give
    > it a go since they allow pickup.

    Watch out people the tar brush is very active. Also is it the location or
    the fact that you know where they live that makes the difference?

    > At least the price of DDR2 hasnt gone up to the degree that DDR has yet.

    It will. RAM is one thing which, to me, seems to obey the supply/demand
    theory to $mics
    Gordon, Mar 17, 2011
  6. Richard

    Gordon Guest

    On 2011-03-16, ~misfit~ <> wrote:

    > Not so long ago I bought some 2GB DDR2 / 800 modules from this seller:
    > http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings.aspx?member=214556
    > They were Transcend and still sealed in the packaging and about half the
    > price most stores wanted. It's running fine, stressed with all sorts of
    > benchmarks (I overclocked that machine) and even run at higher than specced
    > without raising VDIMM. I can highly recommend...
    >
    > Pretty hard to go past this:
    > http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/Components/Memory-RAM/1-GB-or-more/auction-361818227.htm
    > 2GB module for $55, and the trader let me combine purchases *and* gave me a
    > discount on second and subsequent purchases.
    >
    > (Normal rider applies, I stand to make nothing from this, just passing on a
    > good experience.)

    Now, if one trusts ~misfit~, as I do, then this is good information. I
    wonder if the Fairfax trader is aware that she has just got some good
    reviews here
    Gordon, Mar 17, 2011
  7. Richard

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Gordon wrote:
    > On 2011-03-16, ~misfit~ <> wrote:
    >>
    >> Not so long ago I bought some 2GB DDR2 / 800 modules from this
    >> seller: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings.aspx?member=214556
    >> They were Transcend and still sealed in the packaging and about half
    >> the price most stores wanted. It's running fine, stressed with all
    >> sorts of benchmarks (I overclocked that machine) and even run at
    >> higher than specced without raising VDIMM. I can highly recommend...
    >>
    >> Pretty hard to go past this:
    >> http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/Components/Memory-RAM/1-GB-or-more/auction-361818227.htm
    >> 2GB module for $55, and the trader let me combine purchases *and*
    >> gave me a discount on second and subsequent purchases.
    >>
    >> (Normal rider applies, I stand to make nothing from this, just
    >> passing on a good experience.)

    > Now, if one trusts ~misfit~, as I do, then this is good information. I
    > wonder if the Fairfax trader is aware that she has just got some good
    > reviews here

    Heh! I just call 'em as I see 'em. I've bought DDR2 several times from that
    trader, once for my own machine and a couple times to upspec other folks
    machines. I've not had a problem with it once.

    Cheers,

    ~misfit~, Mar 18, 2011