    I did look at both of them. I like the look and feel and controls of the
    Canon but the Nikon is a model sort of between the Canon XSI and the Canon
    50D and it costs more.

    measekite, Dec 3, 2008

  2. measekite

    Reed Davies Guest

    On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 04:13:53 GMT, measekite <> wrote:

    >Luminous Landscape is having a contest. The winner can choose between a
    >Nikon D90 vs a Canon XSI.
    >
    >I did look at both of them. I like the look and feel and controls of the
    >Canon but the Nikon is a model sort of between the Canon XSI and the Canon
    >50D and it costs more.

    Neither. Who wants another 20 pounds of gear and glass to lug around when out
    and about looking for the best shots.

    Reed Davies, Dec 3, 2008

  3. measekite

    Pete D Guest

    "Reed Davies" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 04:13:53 GMT, measekite <> wrote:
    >
    >>Luminous Landscape is having a contest. The winner can choose between a
    >>Nikon D90 vs a Canon XSI.
    >>
    >>I did look at both of them. I like the look and feel and controls of the
    >>Canon but the Nikon is a model sort of between the Canon XSI and the Canon
    >>50D and it costs more.

    > Neither. Who wants another 20 pounds of gear and glass to lug around when
    > out
    > and about looking for the best shots.

    And of course a moron would not just choose the one she could sell for the
    most? Silly girl.

    Pete D, Dec 3, 2008
  4. On Wed, 3 Dec 2008 17:53:13 +1100, "Pete D" <> wrote:

    >"Reed Davies" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 04:13:53 GMT, measekite <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Luminous Landscape is having a contest. The winner can choose between a
    >>>Nikon D90 vs a Canon XSI.
    >>>
    >>>I did look at both of them. I like the look and feel and controls of the
    >>>Canon but the Nikon is a model sort of between the Canon XSI and the Canon
    >>>50D and it costs more.

    >> Neither. Who wants another 20 pounds of gear and glass to lug around when
    >> out
    >> and about looking for the best shots.
    >>

    >And of course a moron would not just choose the one she could sell for the
    >most? Silly girl.

    To some people money that meager is of no importance. The time and effort it
    would take to sell one would cut into more lucrative and enjoyable prospects.
    Some people just aren't into playing auctioneer at a flea-market..

    Antony Dallas, Dec 3, 2008
  5. measekite

    ray Guest

    On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 04:13:53 +0000, measekite wrote:

    > Luminous Landscape is having a contest. The winner can choose between a
    > Nikon D90 vs a Canon XSI.
    >
    > I did look at both of them. I like the look and feel and controls of
    > the Canon but the Nikon is a model sort of between the Canon XSI and the
    > Canon 50D and it costs more.

    Whichever has the highest retail value - so I could sell it and get a Sony
    Alpha.

    ray, Dec 3, 2008
  6. measekite

    Rich Guest

    On Dec 2, 11:31 pm, Reed Davies <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 04:13:53 GMT, measekite <> wrote:
    > >Luminous Landscape is having a contest. The winner can choose between a
    > >Nikon D90 vs a Canon XSI.

    > >I did look at both of them. I like the look and feel and controls of the
    > >Canon but the Nikon is a model sort of between the Canon XSI and the Canon
    > >50D and it costs more.

    > Neither. Who wants another 20 pounds of gear and glass to lug around when out
    > and about looking for the best shots.

    Mincing, lazy P&S freak.

    Rich, Dec 4, 2008
  7. measekite

    measekite Guest

    On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 18:02:09 -0500, Stephen Bishop wrote:

    > On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 04:13:53 GMT, measekite <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Luminous Landscape is having a contest. The winner can choose between a
    >>Nikon D90 vs a Canon XSI.
    >>
    >>I did look at both of them. I like the look and feel and controls of the
    >>Canon but the Nikon is a model sort of between the Canon XSI and the Canon
    >>50D and it costs more.

    > The D90, no question about it.

    Why would that be your choice?

    measekite, Dec 4, 2008
  8. measekite

    Rich Guest

    On Dec 4, 11:32 am, measekite <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 18:02:09 -0500, Stephen Bishop wrote:
    > > On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 04:13:53 GMT, measekite <>
    > > wrote:

    > >>Luminous Landscape is having a contest. The winner can choose between a
    > >>Nikon D90 vs a Canon XSI.

    > >>I did look at both of them. I like the look and feel and controls of the
    > >>Canon but the Nikon is a model sort of between the Canon XSI and the Canon
    > >>50D and it costs more.

    > > The D90, no question about it.

    > Why would that be your choice?

    Because it is far more versatile than the Canon 50D which is arguably,
    a step backward from the 40D, at least as far as image quality is
    concerned. The XSI is just another cheezy, dated Rebel.

    Rich, Dec 4, 2008
  9. measekite

    measekite Guest

    On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 09:29:27 -0800, Rich wrote:

    > On Dec 4, 11:32 am, measekite <> wrote:
    >> On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 18:02:09 -0500, Stephen Bishop wrote:

    >> > The D90, no question about it.

    >> Why would that be your choice?

    > Because it is far more versatile than the Canon 50D which is arguably,
    > a step backward from the 40D, at least as far as image quality is
    > concerned. The XSI is just another cheezy, dated Rebel.

    I think the Canon 50D is ahead of the D90 but the D90 is a head of the
    XSI. But I like the feel of the XSI better.

    measekite, Dec 8, 2008
  10. measekite

    SteveG Guest

    The D90 .... I don't care which is the better camera, or worth more for
    re-sale ... it's just the one I would want :)

    Regards

    Steve G

    SteveG, Dec 9, 2008