    Which wiring scheme should I use to be compatible with standard routers and
    LAN cards, T568A or T568B? Also telephones.

    Thanks....
    Bishoop, Feb 27, 2005

  2. Bishoop

    jda^fx Guest

    On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 13:50:41 -0500, "Bishoop" <> wrote:

    >I'm setting up a new house with in the wall data network wiring.
    >
    >Which wiring scheme should I use to be compatible with standard routers and
    >LAN cards, T568A or T568B? Also telephones.
    >
    >Thanks....

    You should use cat. 5e UTP but make sure that you follow the
    instruktions that come with the outlets. Buying the right material is
    far from enough. If it is not assembled correct it will hardly keep up
    10 Mb

    --
    jda^fx
    jda^fx, Feb 27, 2005

  3. Bishoop wrote:
    > I'm setting up a new house with in the wall data network wiring.
    >
    > Which wiring scheme should I use to be compatible with standard routers and
    > LAN cards, T568A or T568B? Also telephones.
    >
    > Thanks....

    Technically it doesn't matter, they both work identically. However it
    seems far more common to see B being used instead of A.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Feb 27, 2005
  4. Bishoop

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 13:50:41 -0500, Bishoop wrote:

    >I'm setting up a new house with in the wall data network wiring.
    >
    >Which wiring scheme should I use to be compatible with standard routers and
    >LAN cards, T568A or T568B? Also telephones.

    What's that got to do with compatability?

    Another novice?

    Get a contractor to do it, they will know the local regulations.

    Since it's not easy to say which country you are in.

    USA 568A
    UK/Europe 568B
    Europe/France uses another

    Minimum you want is Cat5 for 100Mbps, if you plan on Gb then Cat5e/6.

    http://www.blackbox.co.uk/technical/bbexplains/cables269.asp?cc=UK&ti=Wiring Systems

    Not that it really matters, as long as the same scheme is used
    throughout and identified.

    Telephones ?

    Me
    why?, Feb 27, 2005
  5. Bishoop

    @ . Guest

    Bishoop wrote:

    > I'm setting up a new house with in the wall data network wiring.
    >
    > Which wiring scheme should I use to be compatible with standard routers and
    > LAN cards, T568A or T568B? Also telephones.

    you tried Google, yes? and while you're thinking about that...

    -entirely- new installation?
    choose one; it seems 568a is common for residential use.

    -some- old wiring?
    a) rip out the old, see above; b) follow whatever is already there
    Use the same scheme throughout.

    telephone?
    the blue pair (Blue, Wht-Blue) are conveniently located for 'line 1'.
    @ ., Feb 28, 2005
  6. Bishoop

    Jim Berwick Guest

    jda^fx <> wrote in news:tb6421t2g74pjg664tca31t18cb2l9p8tn@
    4ax.com:

    > You should use cat. 5e UTP but make sure that you follow the

    CAT5e is not a wiring scheme, it is a cabling type. Wiring scheme would be
    either 568A or 568B. Technically speaking, it doesn't matter at all how
    you wire the cable, so long as you do it uniformly. I generally use 568B,
    but if I was to be doing work for an existing site and they already had
    568A cabling, I'd be using that instead.
    Jim Berwick, Feb 28, 2005