    Santiago de Chile (South America)
    Email:
    Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it!

    Juan I. Cahis, Oct 29, 2003

  2. In article <>,
    says...
    > Dear friends:
    >
    > Which windows folders should I check daily for viruses and trojans?
    >
    > The idea is to schedule a virus checking job, to be run daily at lunch
    > time, that it will check the most important windows folders for
    > viruses and trojans. It should take no more than 10 to 15 minutes, so
    > a complete computer check is not possible.
    >
    > Which Ms-Windows folders do you suggest to include in the job?
    >
    > Thanks a lot for your suggestions!!!!
    >

    > Thanks
    > Juan I. Cahis
    > Santiago de Chile (South America)
    > Email:
    > Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it!

    "important folders".

    irrelevant. what happens when someone writes a virus (as if they don't
    already) that infect "unimportant" files?

    scan everything, every day.

    --
    Colonel Flagg
    http://www.internetwarzone.org/

    Privacy at a click:
    http://www.cotse.net

    A: None, he just defines Darkness? as the new industry standard..."

    "...I see stupid people."

    Colonel Flagg, Oct 29, 2003

  3. Juan I. Cahis

    Kevin Guest

    If a complete scan is not convenient at lunch time, try scanning the
    following folders: Windows, Program Files, Shared Documents, My Documents
    and the folder with your name, Juan I. Cahis's Documents. Of course, a full
    and complete scan of your hard drive(s) is the preferred method. You could
    schedule this for your off shift time say late at night or early in the
    morning.
    Good luck!
    P. S. Your English is doing just fine! It's better than my Spanish! I can
    manage to order a beer if I have to, but that's about it!

    Kevin, Oct 29, 2003
  4. Juan I. Cahis

    Ziggy Guest

    Juan I. Cahis wrote:

    > Dear friends:
    >
    > Which windows folders should I check daily for viruses and trojans?

    The necessary target is C:\ and all subfolders.

    Ziggy, Oct 31, 2003