    Anyone care to predict which browser will be released first? The final
    version of IE 7 for Windows XP or Firefox 2? My best guess is IE 7, based
    on what I've been reading.

    History Fan, Oct 13, 2006

  2. On 2006-10-13, History Fan <> wrote:

    > Anyone care to predict which browser will be released first? The final
    > version of IE 7 for Windows XP or Firefox 2? My best guess is IE 7, based
    > on what I've been reading.

    Does it matter?

    --

    -John ()

    John Thompson, Oct 14, 2006

  3. John Thompson wrote:
    > On 2006-10-13, History Fan <> wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone care to predict which browser will be released first? The final
    >> version of IE 7 for Windows XP or Firefox 2? My best guess is IE 7, based
    >> on what I've been reading.

    > Does it matter?

    No, I don't think it does.

    FF 2.0 RC3 should come out early next week. I would suspect a release
    to follow soon after.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 14, 2006
  4. Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > John Thompson wrote:
    >> On 2006-10-13, History Fan <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Anyone care to predict which browser will be released first?
    >>> The final version of IE 7 for Windows XP or Firefox 2? My best guess
    >>> is IE 7, based on what I've been reading.

    >> Does it matter?
    >>

    > No, I don't think it does.
    >
    > FF 2.0 RC3 should come out early next week. I would suspect a release
    > to follow soon after.
    >
    > Lee

    This is just too funny!

    IE& is released:

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.mspx

    Then:

    http://secunia.com/Internet_Explorer_Arbitrary_Content_Disclosure_Vulnerability_Test/

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 19, 2006
  5. History Fan

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> John Thompson wrote:

    >>> Does it matter?
    >>>

    >> No, I don't think it does.
    >>
    >> FF 2.0 RC3 should come out early next week. I would suspect a release
    >> to follow soon after.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > This is just too funny!
    >
    > IE& is released:
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.mspx
    >
    > Then:
    >
    > http://secunia.com/Internet_Explorer_Arbitrary_Content_Disclosure_Vulnerability_Test/
    >

    > Lee

    And everyone in the world must be downloading it right now. I'm dl'ing
    it now and the MS site is giving me the file at a whopping 11.3KB/s!!!

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Oct 19, 2006
  6. On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 18:28:45 GMT, Ed Mullen wrote in

    > Leonidas Jones wrote:

    >>> No, I don't think it does.
    >>>
    >>> FF 2.0 RC3 should come out early next week. I would
    >>> suspect a release to follow soon after.
    >>>
    >>> Lee

    >> This is just too funny!
    >>
    >> IE& is released:
    >>
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.mspx
    >>
    >> Then:
    >>
    >> http://secunia.com/Internet_Explorer_Arbitrary_Content_Disc
    >> losure_Vulnerability_Test/
    >>

    >> Lee

    > And everyone in the world must be downloading it right now.
    > I'm dl'ing it now and the MS site is giving me the file at
    > a whopping 11.3KB/s!!!

    I d/led it yesterday off of Yahoo's site. It was preconfigured
    with the Yahoo toolbar. To be honest, despite a strong bias
    towards FF, I was very impressed.

    A lot of what I liked was because of the well thought-out Yahoo
    add-on. It actually makes my own highly customized FF 2.0
    install seem dated.

    All that being said, I don't intend using IE until we really
    learn how its security stacks up relative to FF.

    Flatus

    Flatus Ohlfahrt, Oct 19, 2006
  7. History Fan

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Flatus Ohlfahrt wrote:
    > On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 18:28:45 GMT, Ed Mullen wrote in

    >>> This is just too funny!
    >>>
    >>> IE& is released:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.mspx
    >>>
    >>> Then:
    >>>
    >>> http://secunia.com/Internet_Explorer_Arbitrary_Content_Disc
    >>> losure_Vulnerability_Test/
    >>>

    >>> Lee

    >> And everyone in the world must be downloading it right now.
    >> I'm dl'ing it now and the MS site is giving me the file at
    >> a whopping 11.3KB/s!!!
    >>

    > I d/led it yesterday off of Yahoo's site. It was preconfigured
    > with the Yahoo toolbar. To be honest, despite a strong bias
    > towards FF, I was very impressed.
    >
    > A lot of what I liked was because of the well thought-out Yahoo
    > add-on. It actually makes my own highly customized FF 2.0
    > install seem dated.
    >
    > All that being said, I don't intend using IE until we really
    > learn how its security stacks up relative to FF.
    >
    > Flatus

    I just spent a couple of hours playing with IE7. It's a vast
    improvement over IE6. It's CSS compliance is much better. Nothing
    revolutionary, nothing that would make me want to change from SeaMonkey.
    Still, a nice job by MS. They deserve some credit for this effort.

    As for security issues, all browsers have them and will continue to.
    The real issue is how fast they get fixed. MS has made great strides in
    cleaning up their act in that regard. Perfect? Nope, but, then, no
    company, organization or person is.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Oct 19, 2006
  8. Ed Mullen wrote:
    > Flatus Ohlfahrt wrote:
    >> On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 18:28:45 GMT, Ed Mullen wrote in

    >>> And everyone in the world must be downloading it right now.
    >>> I'm dl'ing it now and the MS site is giving me the file at
    >>> a whopping 11.3KB/s!!!

    >> I d/led it yesterday off of Yahoo's site. It was preconfigured with
    >> the Yahoo toolbar. To be honest, despite a strong bias towards FF, I
    >> was very impressed.
    >>
    >> A lot of what I liked was because of the well thought-out Yahoo
    >> add-on. It actually makes my own highly customized FF 2.0 install seem
    >> dated.
    >>
    >> All that being said, I don't intend using IE until we really learn how
    >> its security stacks up relative to FF.
    >>
    >> Flatus
    >>

    > I just spent a couple of hours playing with IE7. It's a vast
    > improvement over IE6. It's CSS compliance is much better. Nothing
    > revolutionary, nothing that would make me want to change from SeaMonkey.
    > Still, a nice job by MS. They deserve some credit for this effort.
    >
    > As for security issues, all browsers have them and will continue to. The
    > real issue is how fast they get fixed. MS has made great strides in
    > cleaning up their act in that regard. Perfect? Nope, but, then, no
    > company, organization or person is.

    I agree. Indeed, the security exploit I pointed out was not
    specifically IE7, but one found in IE6 that 7 had not fixed. I just
    found the irony of the timing a bit too good to resist! ;)

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 19, 2006
  9. History Fan

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > I agree. Indeed, the security exploit I pointed out was not
    > specifically IE7, but one found in IE6 that 7 had not fixed. I just
    > found the irony of the timing a bit too good to resist! ;)
    >
    > Lee

    I thought it pretty amusing too. :)

    --
    Ed Mullen