    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they
    do it from RELIGIOUS CONVICTION." ~ Blaise Pascal (1623-1662) ~
    http://re2.mm-c1.yimg.com/image/1100476191

    Harry, Jul 18, 2006

  2. Harry

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-07-18, Harry <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > When wrapping an object in bubble wrap, should the bubbles
    > go against the object, or should the straight, flat side go against
    > the object . . . or: what is the object of bubble wrap?

    [snip]

    {Deep, Slow Voice}
    "Bubble-wrap provides a cushion composed of air enveloped by a baby-soft
    polymer. It can be used as a wrapping for any object requiring delicate,
    but firm, support during transportation. Mothers even wrap their babies
    in it for that extra protection required by the busy mom on the go."
    {End Deep, Slow Voice}

    {Very Fast Talking}
    <Caution: Children should not be left unattended while in bubble-wrap
    nor should loose bubble-wrap be handled by a child under the age of 10.
    Read the caution labels for more information.>
    {End Very Fast Talking}
    -----------------------------------

    The bottom line is it depends on what you want to wrap.

    --
    You'll never see all the places, or read all the books,
    but fortunately, they're not all recommended.

    Jimchip, Jul 18, 2006

  3. Harry

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>,
    Harry <> wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > When wrapping an object in bubble wrap, should the bubbles
    > go against the object, or should the straight, flat side go against
    > the object . . . or: what is the object of bubble wrap?
    >
    > Truly
    >
    > "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they
    > do it from RELIGIOUS CONVICTION." ~ Blaise Pascal (1623-1662) ~
    > http://re2.mm-c1.yimg.com/image/1100476191

    The bubble side is a thinner sheet, so you should put that side away
    from the sharp, edgy, or hot items.

    The purpose of bubble wrap is to protect from impact -- it is useful
    because, unlike with styrofoam peanuts, wrapping the packing material
    doesn't allow the object to move toward the package edge.

    If that doesn't sound like enough, it probably isn't necessary to use
    bubble wrap. Use wadded newsprint. Or shredded junk paper.

    Mitch, Jul 18, 2006
  4. Harry

    Mike Easter Guest

    Harry wrote:

    > When wrapping an object in bubble wrap, should the bubbles
    > go against the object, or should the straight, flat side go against
    > the object . . . or: what is the object of bubble wrap?

    Bubble Wrap is a brand name, registered trademark product, one of many
    by Sealed Air. ["All bubbles are not created equal"]

    The object of such void filling products is to surface protect, wrap and
    interleave to prevent collisions, void fill, and to block & brace --
    cushion.

    Whether the bubble side or the smooth side against the packaged object/s
    depends on which facing would perform that function the best. Some
    smooth and regular surfaced objects might be better served against the
    smooth side, some packed objects would be better served with the smooth
    side against the package interior and the bubbles against the object.

    Reference materials available at the Sealed Air site and library
    http://www.sealedair.com/na_home.htm

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jul 18, 2006
  5. Harry

    Frosty Guest

    On or about 17 Jul 2006 17:45:52 -0700, an entity identified as
    "Harry" <> proudly proclaimed:

    >Hello,
    >
    >When wrapping an object in bubble wrap, should the bubbles
    >go against the object, or should the straight, flat side go against
    >the object . . . or: what is the object of bubble wrap?
    >
    >Truly
    >
    >"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they
    >do it from RELIGIOUS CONVICTION." ~ Blaise Pascal (1623-1662) ~
    >http://re2.mm-c1.yimg.com/image/1100476191

    Put the bubble wrap on the floor, bubble side up.
    Get an office chair with wheels.
    Roll over bubble wrap.
    Repeat.

    Frosty, Jul 18, 2006
  6. Harry

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Frosty wrote:
    > On or about 17 Jul 2006 17:45:52 -0700, an entity identified as
    > "Harry" <> proudly proclaimed:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> When wrapping an object in bubble wrap, should the bubbles
    >> go against the object, or should the straight, flat side go against
    >> the object . . . or: what is the object of bubble wrap?
    >>

    > Put the bubble wrap on the floor, bubble side up.
    > Get an office chair with wheels.
    > Roll over bubble wrap.
    > Repeat.

    Correction: wait for the receptionist to walk into the room, THEN run the
    chair over the bubbles <g>

    Toolman Tim, Jul 19, 2006
  7. On 2006-07-18, Toolman Tim <> spoke thusly:
    > Frosty wrote:

    snip

    >> Put the bubble wrap on the floor, bubble side up.
    >> Get an office chair with wheels.
    >> Roll over bubble wrap.
    >> Repeat.

    > Correction: wait for the receptionist to walk into the room, THEN run the
    > chair over the bubbles <g>

    I just hand the grandkids a sheet apiece of the stuff to play with.
    Keeps 'em busy for a while.

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    I used to like political jokes until so many of them got elected

    The Old Sourdough, Jul 19, 2006
  8. Harry

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-07-19, The Old Sourdough <> wrote:
    > On 2006-07-18, Toolman Tim <> spoke thusly:
    >> Frosty wrote:

    > snip
    >
    >>> Put the bubble wrap on the floor, bubble side up.
    >>> Get an office chair with wheels.
    >>> Roll over bubble wrap.
    >>> Repeat.

    >> Correction: wait for the receptionist to walk into the room, THEN run the
    >> chair over the bubbles <g>
    >>

    > I just hand the grandkids a sheet apiece of the stuff to play with.
    > Keeps 'em busy for a while.

    See the previous caution from the fast-talking add :)

    --
    Deliberation, n.:
    The act of examining one's bread to determine which side it is

    Jimchip, Jul 19, 2006
  9. William Poaster, Jul 19, 2006