    POTS is a bit country-specific (impedance, caller ID, ring signal,
    etc.; FWIW, I intend to use it in France)?

    Thank you.

    Vincent Delporte, Jul 21, 2006

  2. "Vincent Delporte" <> wrote in message
    > Hello
    >
    > As the list below is long and not always up to date, could someone
    > recommend some VoIP gateways besides the well-know Linksys SPA-3102
    > and its older brother Sipura SPA-3000?
    >
    > http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=VOIP Gateways
    >
    > Preferably, I'd like one that has been localized as I read that the
    > POTS is a bit country-specific (impedance, caller ID, ring signal,
    > etc.; FWIW, I intend to use it in France)?
    >
    > Thank you.

    Do you have any special requirements? Multiple providers perhaps? If you
    need just a vanilla ATA, I would suggest a Sipura 1000/1001.

    Jonathan Roberts, Jul 22, 2006

  3. Vincent Delporte

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jonathan Roberts" <> wrote
    in message news:aYewg.103559$IZ2.3525@dukeread07
    > "Vincent Delporte" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > > Preferably, I'd like one that has been localized as I
    > > read that the POTS is a bit country-specific
    > > (impedance, caller ID, ring signal, etc.; FWIW, I
    > > intend to use it in France)?

    > Do you have any special requirements? Multiple providers
    > perhaps? If you need just a vanilla ATA, I would suggest
    > a Sipura 1000/1001.

    I'd go for the 2000/2002 as they have two separate phone sockets. The
    Sipura range also have the distinct advantage over most in that almost
    everything is configurable, including port impedance, ring voltage,
    dial/ring tones etc. The downside is that with so many options you really
    need to know what you're doing or it's easy to mess things up..!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jul 22, 2006
  4. On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 08:52:31 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:
    >> Do you have any special requirements? Multiple providers
    >> perhaps? If you need just a vanilla ATA, I would suggest
    >> a Sipura 1000/1001.

    >I'd go for the 2000/2002 as they have two separate phone sockets.

    Sorry guys. I didn't mean an ATA (ie. a box to turn analog equipments
    like handsets and fax machines into SIP-fluent devices), but an
    FXO-to-SIP adapter like the Sipura 3000 or the Linksys 3102.

    I keep seeing those two mentionned, but are there other brands/models
    I should consider, especially some that have been localized to match
    differences in POTS characteristics (so I don't end up shelling out
    200E on a box that just doesn't work reliably outside the US)?

    Thank you.

    Vincent Delporte, Jul 22, 2006