    away with, paragraph after paragraph, of, "What'd he say?".

    There isn't even one mention of the content of the photo. Was it a
    publicity stunt or was it for real? Take a close look at the "shackles".
    richard, Nov 9, 2010

  2. richard

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 09 Nov 2010 15:44:28 -0700, richard wrote:

    > The writer of this story has the earmarkings of a couple of people right
    > here in this very group. Hell, this guy rants on about McD's and you
    > come away with, paragraph after paragraph, of, "What'd he say?".

    Only if your name is RtS.

    The article contained nothing of difficulty to comprehend.

    no hace mucho tiempo que vivía un hidalgo de los de lanza en
    astillero, adarga antigua, rocín flaco y galgo corredor."
    -Cervantes, 'Don Quixote'
    Aardvark, Nov 9, 2010

  3. richard

    Parko Guest

    Parko, Nov 10, 2010
  4. richard

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 09 Nov 2010 19:57:11 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

    > With your ... ahem.. expertise in military and law enforcement (security
    > cough cough), do you REALLY think if a person were being shackled,

    Prisoners in civilised countries like Oz, NZ and the UK don't have the
    indignity of shackles imposed on them, or if they do it's certainly
    extremely rare. Handcuffs are sufficient.

    > 1.
    > He'd be in 'civilian' clothes, and 2. He'd only have 2 unarmed officers
    > escorting him?

    Why would they have to be armed?

    > If they ARE armed, and WERE escorting such a 'risk' prisoner that he's
    > shackled to that extent, the officers would be carrying assault weapons.

    Why would they have to be armed at all?

    Aardvark, Nov 10, 2010