    matter which way I would go would certainly require some time and effort.

    Any Suggestions Welcome,
    Dave Marden
    Dave Marden, Jan 25, 2004

  2. Dave Marden

    Dandy Weyn Guest

    Why don't you go for MCSE with development exams as electives which gives
    you the possibility to get you additionaly the MCSD certification

    --
    Regards,

    Dandy Weyn
    MCSE, MCSA, MCDBA, MCT

    www.dandyman.net
    "Dave Marden" <> wrote in message
    > I have been working with Computers every since the days of the TRS-80,
    > and have gone through the ranks (ie. DOS, 3.1, 95, 98, ME (worst ever,
    > lol), 2000, XP, and 2003 Server), so I feel that I am very proficient with
    > operating systems. I have also done quite a bit of programming with

    Basic,
    > Visual Basic, and Visual Basic for Applications (mostly in excel).
    >
    > I do not intend to ever really get a job which would require the use

    of
    > any of the above, however maybe I would be interested in building
    > applications, or setting up local businesses with networking, and server
    > solutions.
    >
    > My question is do you think I would be better off working towards my
    > MCSE or MCSD (visual basic track)? I would think that I could probably

    pass

    Dandy Weyn, Jan 25, 2004

  3. Dave Marden

    Dave Marden Guest

    Probably not a bad idea, how hard is it usually for someone with my
    credentials to get to the cert level (ie. MCSE, or MCSD)?

    Just an idea or guess would be great,
    Dave Marden

    Dave Marden, Jan 26, 2004
  4. Dave Marden

    Guest Guest

    Personally, from what you described, I think you are very
    far from ready. You sound like one of those guys
    who "thinks" they are ready, but are really so far from
    it. For example, you played with Visual Basic, and now
    you think you are a programmer, I doubt you could pass any
    of the test. Just my opinion.

    Guest, Feb 4, 2004
  5. Dave Marden

    Dave Marden Guest

    I totally agree with you, I am not ready to pass any of the tests, I do
    however feel that I could pass I have a good base for learning.

    Thanks for the input,
    Dave Marden

    Dave Marden, Feb 5, 2004
  6. Dave Marden

    Guest Guest

    That is a GREAT attitude to have, and I commend you for
    that. Good luck, I think you will do fine if you work
    hard at it!!!!!!

    message

    Guest, Feb 6, 2004