    desktop and laptop adapters), should i use one or the other, or both?
    --
    Tom Buggy

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9tQg==?=, Nov 1, 2004

  2. Interesting, I don't see options in My Network Places, Home and Small
    Office Network. Is this new to SP2?

    Warren Bryant, Nov 1, 2004

  3. Warren.

    I'm a "networking neophyte" (as might be guessed from my original post), so
    all that I say may not be reliable. I do know that both of the quoted items
    in my post are selectable items in the left window pane after I enter My
    Network Places on Windows XP Home. I don't know if this is a result of SP2
    because I installed SP2 immediately after I upgraded from to XP from Me, and
    before I notived the two items.

    I also don't know whether or not the item that refers to a wireless network
    is the result of XP recognizing that I have wireless equipment on the system
    (which I do). If that's the case, it MAY BE (supposition) that systems
    without wireless equipment don't see a wireless network item for selection.

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9tQg==?=, Nov 2, 2004
  4. The "Set up a wireless network for a home or small office" option in My
    Network Places is new in Service Pack 2 (SP2). When you click this option,
    this starts the Wireless Network Setup Wizard. If you are part of a wireless
    network, you'll want to choose this option if you haven't already. For more
    details, see the following link. This list all of the changes and features
    in SP2. FYI, you can configure the wireless computer manually without
    running the Wizard.

    Windows XP Service Pack 2
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/default.mspx

    Eric Cross