    MCSE...but which order should I be taking these exams?

    Thank you for your time.

    Patrick
    PR4424, Nov 6, 2006

  2. PR4424

    Cruwl Guest

    every one is different, but in the map of tests i have layed out for my self
    im going to go for the MCSA after my MCDST, only because some of the tests
    for the MCSA count towards the MCSE.
    So your killing 2 birds with 1 stone, but it all depends on what tests you
    want to take and what you want to learn
    --
    NMCI Support Analyst
    Soon to be MCP and MCDST

    Cruwl, Nov 6, 2006

  3. It depending what type of networking you want to branch out in. If you
    want to administer and troubleshoot a Microsoft Windows network, then an
    MCSA would be for you. More info at
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/windows2003/default.mspx

    If designing, securing, administering, and troubleshooting a Microsoft
    Windows network is your thing, I would shoot for my MCSE. More info at
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/default.mspx

    I mention both because you can achieve your MCSA without pursuing your
    MCSE. Some techs just want to administer. Some want to design, security
    and specialize in specific products such as Exchange, SQL or ISA. With a
    MCSA you really just administer.

    You could take the non-O.S. approach to networking and get into routing,
    routing security and troubleshooting. If this is the case, Cisco
    Certification can set you apart from the rest. Here is a list of
    certification that Cisco Systems have to offer;
    http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/learning_career_certifications_and_learning_paths_home.html

    Last but not least, and please know that this is just the top of the
    iceberg; CISSP. This certification is a bit hard and expensive to get;
    but well worth it. More info at http://www.cissps.com/

    I hope that helps. It really depends on the direction you choose to
    specialize in. Out of the choices listed above, what interest you? Let
    us know and we can help answer your question with greater detail. Good
    Luck!

    --
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,