  1. Which technology is more used for web based and desktop applications, C# or
    VB.NET? Or is it that C# is used more for web development and VB.NET for
    Desktop GUI applications.
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hpbm1heQ==?=, Sep 12, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hpbm1heQ==?=

    Peter Row Guest

    Hi,

    This sounds suspiciously like a trolling question.

    However just in case, in what context are you asking the question?
    If you are asking which one is more used in order to decide which one you'd
    learn to do the exam in then the answer is either it doesn't matter.

    As a personal preference (and from someone coming from a strong VB 3/5/6
    background) I would go with C#.
    My reason for liking it is down to the syntax. VB is little too verbose for
    my taste nowadays.

    Bye,
    Peter
    Peter Row, Sep 12, 2005

  3. My question is a generic one. Which skills are more in demand in the
    professional circle, VB.NET or C#?
    This drives ones choice for the exam one wish to take up.
    Another way of asking this could be, which technology is more used for Web
    Development and which one for GUI Applications?

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hpbm1heQ==?=, Sep 12, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hpbm1heQ==?=

    EggHead Guest

    Hi,
    I think they are the same thing. They both call the same .net framework.
    For GUI and Web, I think it is completely personal preference, just
    remember not to use module in VB.net.
    I, personally, would go with C# (I use VB since ver 4.0A, and I am still
    involve in some vb.net projects). VB.net just weird nowadays.
    However, I am keen on VC++ after seeing some performance issues :)
    Egghead

    EggHead, Sep 12, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hpbm1heQ==?=

    Guest

    With the previous investment in Java, I have noted a lot of companies
    migrating to C#, banks etc. What industry sector would you or do you
    work in? The more substantial projects seem to often be in C#, not
    because it is a better technology, but due to the investment the
    company has previously made.
    My vote is C#, I came from a VB background originally, but have found
    the learning investment very worthwhile.
    Cheers
    , Sep 13, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hpbm1heQ==?=

    andrew Guest

    I personnaly prefer vb.net.

    I currently involve in ERP project for food factory. They develop using
    vb.net and sqlserver.
    vb.net is simple and can be also direct. It's really depends on the
    programmer. Inexperience programmer use complex
    coding.

    andrew, Sep 14, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hpbm1heQ==?=

    Guest

    Finally both of them generate almost the same IL code. You code in C#
    or VB.NET its one and the same.

    I think its a choice of which syntax you want.

    Regards
    C#, VB.NET , SQL SERVER , UML , DESIGN Patterns Interview questions
    http://www.geocities.com/dotnetinterviews/
    , Sep 19, 2005