  1. Paul Furman

    Paul Furman Guest

    Or which camera phone has the best web/email interface?
    Paul Furman, Feb 25, 2009

  2. Paul Furman wrote:
    > Or which camera phone has the best web/email interface?

    iPhone, uPhone, weallPhone!

    - =
    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Feb 25, 2009

  3. Paul Furman

    Paul Furman Guest

    John McWilliams wrote:
    > Paul Furman wrote:
    >> Or which camera phone has the best web/email interface?

    > iPhone, uPhone, weallPhone!
    >
    > - =

    I was going to get a nice compact camera but I could really use a web
    capable phone too... more than a spare camera. I only have so many pockets.
    Paul Furman, Feb 25, 2009
  4. Richard Anacker, Feb 25, 2009
  5. Paul Furman

    TheRealSteve Guest

    On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 21:22:23 -0800, Paul Furman <>
    wrote:

    >Or which camera phone has the best web/email interface?

    There's quite a few smart phones that have high megapixel counts. But
    the one that consistently gets the best ratings for photo quality by
    far is the Motorola Zine ZN5.

    http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/ZN5/

    The new Samsung Memoir looks pretty cool but I saw a review where the
    photo quality wasn't so great and I personally don't like the full
    touch screen phones like the Memoir and iPhone that don't have real
    keys.

    Steve
    TheRealSteve, Feb 25, 2009
  6. Paul Furman wrote:
    > John McWilliams wrote:
    >> Paul Furman wrote:
    >>> Or which camera phone has the best web/email interface?

    >> iPhone, uPhone, weallPhone!
    >>
    >> - =

    > I was going to get a nice compact camera but I could really use a web
    > capable phone too... more than a spare camera. I only have so many pockets.

    Dunno if my light hearted reply was taken only for amusement, but the
    camera in the newer iPhones
    is quite decent. I particularly like the auto GPS capture, which
    Lightroom displays, linking to Google maps by a click.

    Mail and web are superlative.

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Feb 25, 2009
  7. Am 25.02.2009 18:57, schrieb Deep Reset:

    > Vertu Ascent Ti

    LOL.

    5000€

    richie
    Richard Anacker, Feb 25, 2009
  8. Paul Furman

    Paul Furman Guest

    Richard Anacker wrote:
    > Am 25.02.2009 09:18, schrieb Paul Furman:
    >> I was going to get a nice compact camera but I could really use a web
    >> capable phone too... more than a spare camera. I only have so many
    >> pockets.

    > Sony-Ericsson K-type-mobiles haver nice build-ins-cameras. The k810
    >
    > http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/mobilephones/overview/k810i?lc=de&cc=de
    >

    > is a quite nice one.

    Yes I recall mention of their nice camera. Is it any good for web & email?
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Sony-Ericsson k810
    Autofocus & flash... my current razr doesn't have any focus <g>.

    --
    Paul Furman
    www.edgehill.net

    Paul Furman, Feb 25, 2009
  9. Paul Furman

    Paul Furman Guest

    TheRealSteve wrote:
    > On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 21:22:23 -0800, Paul Furman <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Or which camera phone has the best web/email interface?

    > There's quite a few smart phones that have high megapixel counts. But
    > the one that consistently gets the best ratings for photo quality by
    > far is the Motorola Zine ZN5.
    >
    > http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/ZN5/

    KODAK 5-megapixel Camera, auto-focus, low light optimized with Xenon flash
    Multi-shot mode
    Capture and edit modes: panorama, grayscale, sepia, negative, reddish,
    greenish, blueish
    Focal length: 5.86mm. Aperture: 2.8/5.6.

    > The new Samsung Memoir looks pretty cool

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp-rHVyAk6s
    8MP with a (relatively) big lens

    > but I saw a review where the
    > photo quality wasn't so great and I personally don't like the full
    > touch screen phones like the Memoir and iPhone that don't have real
    > keys.

    I think I'd prefer a large touch screen... though I haven't tried one.

    --
    Paul Furman
    www.edgehill.net

    Paul Furman, Feb 25, 2009
  10. Paul Furman

    TheRealSteve Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 14:20:23 -0800, Paul Furman <>
    wrote:

    >TheRealSteve wrote:
    >> On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 21:22:23 -0800, Paul Furman <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Or which camera phone has the best web/email interface?

    >> There's quite a few smart phones that have high megapixel counts. But
    >> the one that consistently gets the best ratings for photo quality by
    >> far is the Motorola Zine ZN5.
    >>
    >> http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/ZN5/

    >KODAK 5-megapixel Camera, auto-focus, low light optimized with Xenon flash
    >Multi-shot mode
    >Capture and edit modes: panorama, grayscale, sepia, negative, reddish,
    >greenish, blueish
    >Focal length: 5.86mm. Aperture: 2.8/5.6.

    That's the one. It really is probably the only cellphone that gives
    image quality of a dedicated P&S camera. The others have the same or
    more resolution but more noise, less clarity, poorer colors, etc.

    It also has all the smartphone features like full HTML compliant web
    browser, email, WiFi, etc.

    >> The new Samsung Memoir looks pretty cool

    >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp-rHVyAk6s
    >8MP with a (relatively) big lens
    >
    >> but I saw a review where the
    >> photo quality wasn't so great and I personally don't like the full
    >> touch screen phones like the Memoir and iPhone that don't have real
    >> keys.

    >I think I'd prefer a large touch screen... though I haven't tried one.

    Might be fun and cool looking, but wait until you try typing on one
    without concentrating on the screen. Plus the photo quality isn't as
    good.

    Steve
    TheRealSteve, Feb 26, 2009
  11. Paul Furman

    Paul Furman Guest

    TheRealSteve wrote:
    > On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 14:20:23 -0800, Paul Furman <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> TheRealSteve wrote:

    >>> There's quite a few smart phones that have high megapixel counts. But
    >>> the one that consistently gets the best ratings for photo quality by
    >>> far is the Motorola Zine ZN5.
    >>>
    >>> http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/ZN5/

    >> KODAK 5-megapixel Camera, auto-focus, low light optimized with Xenon flash
    >> Multi-shot mode
    >> Capture and edit modes: panorama, grayscale, sepia, negative, reddish,
    >> greenish, blueish
    >> Focal length: 5.86mm. Aperture: 2.8/5.6.

    > That's the one. It really is probably the only cellphone that gives
    > image quality of a dedicated P&S camera. The others have the same or
    > more resolution but more noise, less clarity, poorer colors, etc.
    >
    > It also has all the smartphone features like full HTML compliant web
    > browser, email, WiFi, etc.

    Thanks for your comments, though I really don't think I'd enjoy browsing
    with a button and definitely not typing with a number pad! The larger
    display on a touch screen sounds so much better. I've seen people zoom &
    pan web pages with iphones and it looks awesome.

    --
    Paul Furman
    www.edgehill.net

    Paul Furman, Feb 26, 2009
  12. Paul Furman

    TheRealSteve Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 16:38:31 -0800, Paul Furman <>
    wrote:

    >TheRealSteve wrote:
    >> On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 14:20:23 -0800, Paul Furman <>
    >> wrote:

    >>> KODAK 5-megapixel Camera, auto-focus, low light optimized with Xenon flash
    >>> Multi-shot mode
    >>> Capture and edit modes: panorama, grayscale, sepia, negative, reddish,
    >>> greenish, blueish
    >>> Focal length: 5.86mm. Aperture: 2.8/5.6.

    >> That's the one. It really is probably the only cellphone that gives
    >> image quality of a dedicated P&S camera. The others have the same or
    >> more resolution but more noise, less clarity, poorer colors, etc.
    >>
    >> It also has all the smartphone features like full HTML compliant web
    >> browser, email, WiFi, etc.

    >Thanks for your comments, though I really don't think I'd enjoy browsing
    >with a button and definitely not typing with a number pad! The larger
    >display on a touch screen sounds so much better. I've seen people zoom &
    >pan web pages with iphones and it looks awesome.

    The iPhone user interface is great. Much better than the rest. I
    tried it and the Blackberry Storm and the iPhone is much better. But
    if you're looking for high quality pictures from a smartphone and can
    give up the big screen then the Motorola Zine ZN5 is the way to go.

    Steve
    TheRealSteve, Feb 26, 2009
  13. Paul Furman

    Paul Furman Guest

    TheRealSteve wrote:
    > On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 16:38:31 -0800, Paul Furman <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> TheRealSteve wrote:

    >>> That's the one. It really is probably the only cellphone that gives
    >>> image quality of a dedicated P&S camera. The others have the same or
    >>> more resolution but more noise, less clarity, poorer colors, etc.
    >>>
    >>> It also has all the smartphone features like full HTML compliant web
    >>> browser, email, WiFi, etc.

    >> Thanks for your comments, though I really don't think I'd enjoy browsing
    >> with a button and definitely not typing with a number pad! The larger
    >> display on a touch screen sounds so much better. I've seen people zoom &
    >> pan web pages with iphones and it looks awesome.

    > The iPhone user interface is great. Much better than the rest. I
    > tried it and the Blackberry Storm and the iPhone is much better.

    How about something like this:
    http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&q=Samsung Omnia HD
    That huge screen is very appealing...

    --
    Paul Furman
    www.edgehill.net

    Paul Furman, Feb 26, 2009
  14. Paul Furman

    TheRealSteve Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 19:41:46 -0800, Paul Furman <>
    wrote:

    >TheRealSteve wrote:
    >> On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 16:38:31 -0800, Paul Furman <>
    >> wrote:

    >>> Thanks for your comments, though I really don't think I'd enjoy browsing
    >>> with a button and definitely not typing with a number pad! The larger
    >>> display on a touch screen sounds so much better. I've seen people zoom &
    >>> pan web pages with iphones and it looks awesome.

    >> The iPhone user interface is great. Much better than the rest. I
    >> tried it and the Blackberry Storm and the iPhone is much better.

    >How about something like this:
    >http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&q=Samsung Omnia HD
    >That huge screen is very appealing...

    Too many phones out there to try them all. I did used to have a
    Symbian based smartphone a few years ago and it wasn't bad. But it
    was one of those where you had buttons when it was closed and it
    opened up to a large screen. The iPhone still has the best user
    interface of any of the touchscreen ones I have tried.

    Seems though like now you're getting away from the original question,
    which one has the best camera, to concentrating on touchscreen models
    regardless of how well the cameras work.

    Steve
    TheRealSteve, Feb 26, 2009
  15. Richard Anacker, Feb 26, 2009
  16. Am 26.02.2009 21:34, schrieb Deep Reset:
    > I've seen blind tests of the camera, and IMHO, it beat the iPhone and
    > the BlackBerry.

    I'ver read a test in a German magazine which said that the camera is
    lower average.

    richie
    Richard Anacker, Feb 26, 2009
  17. Paul Furman

    Paul Furman Guest

    TheRealSteve wrote:
    > On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 19:41:46 -0800, Paul Furman <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> TheRealSteve wrote:

    >>> The iPhone user interface is great. Much better than the rest. I
    >>> tried it and the Blackberry Storm and the iPhone is much better.

    >> How about something like this:
    >> http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&q=Samsung Omnia HD
    >> That huge screen is very appealing...

    > Too many phones out there to try them all. I did used to have a
    > Symbian based smartphone a few years ago and it wasn't bad. But it
    > was one of those where you had buttons when it was closed and it
    > opened up to a large screen. The iPhone still has the best user
    > interface of any of the touchscreen ones I have tried.
    >
    > Seems though like now you're getting away from the original question,
    > which one has the best camera, to concentrating on touchscreen models
    > regardless of how well the cameras work.

    It's looking like the web stuff is the priority now.
    Which nice touchscreen phone has the best camera?
    8MP & 720 HD is more than I need, the big screen is the most appealing
    part of these devices.

    --
    Paul Furman
    www.edgehill.net