    Thanks,
    Me

    I recommend www.Superhighstreet.com/home Finds anything or they pay for it!

    Chris Smithers, Apr 24, 2006

  2. I've found www.voipfone.co.uk which has an incredible range of services,
    calls start at 1.1p (just less than Skype and very reasonable) and their
    support team replied to confirm they can port in numbers, 2 minutes after I
    sent the question!

    Can anyone beat that?

    Chris Smithers, Apr 25, 2006

  3. "Chris Smithers" <> wrote in message
    > I've found www.voipfone.co.uk which has an incredible range of services,
    > calls start at 1.1p (just less than Skype and very reasonable) and their
    > support team replied to confirm they can port in numbers, 2 minutes after
    > I sent the question!
    >
    > Can anyone beat that?
    > --
    > Thanks,
    > Me
    >
    > I recommend www.Superhighstreet.com/home Finds anything or they pay for
    > it!
    >
    > "Chris Smithers" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi, I'm looking to switch from Skrap to something that can - in order of
    >> importance:
    >>
    >> Offer great along the lines of www.voipcheap.co.uk (free landline calls
    >> etc.)
    >> Port my (020) London number to their service
    >> Voicemail, Caller Display, Call Waiting
    >> SIP compatible so I can turn the PC off
    >>
    >> Who do people recommend?
    >> --
    >> Thanks,
    >> Me

    Hi
    I used to be Voipfones biggest fan, they offer a wide range of services at a
    reasonable price, but I no longer recommend them to anyone, my real name is
    in my post so if you reading this voipfone you know who I am.
    Voipfone owed me a small sum of money and rather than try and sort it out
    they lied and then ignored my emails and telephone calls regarding this.
    I went to www.voip.co.uk and took all my voipfones referals with me and
    none of them regret move, have a look at them.
    cheers
    Roy MacDonald

    Roy MacDonald, Apr 25, 2006
  4. "Roy MacDonald" <> wrote in message

    > Hi
    > I used to be Voipfones biggest fan, they offer a wide range of services at
    > a reasonable price, but I no longer recommend them to anyone, my real name
    > is in my post so if you reading this voipfone you know who I am.
    > Voipfone owed me a small sum of money and rather than try and sort it out
    > they lied and then ignored my emails and telephone calls regarding this.
    > I went to www.voip.co.uk and took all my voipfones referals with me and
    > none of them regret move, have a look at them.
    > cheers
    > Roy MacDonald

    They don't look too bad, but they don't offer as many services, and their
    calls to mobiles can be 5p more expensive at times (and 5p cheaper at
    others).

    Do you know if they can port in numbers, as that is the clincher.

    Chris Smithers, Apr 25, 2006
  5. Chris Smithers

    Brian A Guest

    On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 09:47:12 GMT, "Chris Smithers" <>
    wrote:

    >"Roy MacDonald" <> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >> Hi
    >> I used to be Voipfones biggest fan, they offer a wide range of services at
    >> a reasonable price, but I no longer recommend them to anyone, my real name
    >> is in my post so if you reading this voipfone you know who I am.
    >> Voipfone owed me a small sum of money and rather than try and sort it out
    >> they lied and then ignored my emails and telephone calls regarding this.
    >> I went to www.voip.co.uk and took all my voipfones referals with me and
    >> none of them regret move, have a look at them.
    >> cheers
    >> Roy MacDonald

    >They don't look too bad, but they don't offer as many services, and their
    >calls to mobiles can be 5p more expensive at times (and 5p cheaper at
    >others).
    >
    >Do you know if they can port in numbers, as that is the clincher.

    You don't have to use the same provider for both incoming and outgoing
    calls.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Apr 25, 2006
  6. Roy MacDonald wrote:

    > Hi
    > I used to be Voipfones biggest fan, they offer a wide range of services at a
    > reasonable price, but I no longer recommend them to anyone, my real name is
    > in my post so if you reading this voipfone you know who I am.
    > Voipfone owed me a small sum of money and rather than try and sort it out
    > they lied and then ignored my emails and telephone calls regarding this.

    Sort what out? I'd be very interested because I'm thinking of setting up
    some services with voipfone.

    > I went to www.voip.co.uk and took all my voipfones referals with me and
    > none of them regret move, have a look at them.

    I have 2 accounts with voip.co.uk, and there has been an outstanding
    support issue of one kind or another since they were openned.

    Other problem appears to be that with one account the calls keep getting
    cut off, and on both accuont I am being billed for calls that are
    supposed to be included. (They've known about this for over a month and
    I've had no joy out of them).

    Thomas Kenyon, Apr 25, 2006
  7. Roy MacDonald wrote:

    > > Hi
    > > I used to be Voipfones biggest fan, they offer a wide range of

    services at a
    > > reasonable price, but I no longer recommend them to anyone, my real

    name is
    > > in my post so if you reading this voipfone you know who I am.
    > > Voipfone owed me a small sum of money and rather than try and sort

    it out
    > > they lied and then ignored my emails and telephone calls regarding this.

    Sort what out? I'd be very interested because I'm thinking of setting up
    some services with voipfone.

    >> I went to www.voip.co.uk and took all my voipfones referals with me

    and
    >> none of them regret move, have a look at them.

    I have 2 accounts with voip.co.uk, and there has been an outstanding
    support issue of one kind or another since they were openned.

    Other problem appears to be that with one account the calls keep getting
    cut off, and on both accuont I am being billed for calls that are
    supposed to be included. (They've known about this for over a month and
    I've had no joy out of them).

    Not to mention the caller ID functionality doesn't work

    Thomas Kenyon, Apr 25, 2006
  8. Chris Smithers

    Guest

    On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 12:00:24 GMT, Thomas Kenyon
    <> wrote:

    >I have 2 accounts with voip.co.uk, and there has been an outstanding
    >support issue of one kind or another since they were openned.
    >
    >Other problem appears to be that with one account the calls keep getting
    >cut off, and on both accuont I am being billed for calls that are
    >supposed to be included. (They've known about this for over a month and
    >I've had no joy out of them).
    >
    >Not to mention the caller ID functionality doesn't work

    Has I have statd before Tom I only rate them slightly better than
    Sipgate .

    , Apr 25, 2006
  9. Chris Smithers

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Tue, 25 Apr 2006, Thomas Kenyon writes
    >I have 2 accounts with voip.co.uk, and there has been an outstanding
    >support issue of one kind or another since they were openned.
    >
    >Other problem appears to be that with one account the calls keep getting
    >cut off, and on both accuont I am being billed for calls that are
    >supposed to be included. (They've known about this for over a month and
    >I've had no joy out of them).
    >
    >Not to mention the caller ID functionality doesn't work

    You seem to be most unfortunate. I have one account with 2 numbers
    since last November. I have found them most helpful when there has been
    anything I haven't quite understood or couldn't get working.

    Be aware though that if you call European mobiles they can be expensive.
    Their call rates page is broken at the moment, but I was charged over
    70p per minute (inc VAT) for a call to a Liechstentein mobile. A query
    confirm that to be correct - that's about 33% more than BT PSTN charges
    and a LOT more than other VoIP providers.

    So, check the price first!

    David

    David Floyd, Apr 25, 2006
  10. Chris Smithers

    Guest

    On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 14:55:58 +0100, David Floyd <>
    wrote:
    >You seem to be most unfortunate. I have one account with 2 numbers
    >since last November. I have found them most helpful when there has been
    >anything I haven't quite understood or couldn't get working.

    You seem to be most FORTUNATE I also have had problems with them that
    has taken an age to get sorted and they have still not sorted out the
    web site .
    Bloody amateurs

    , Apr 25, 2006
  11. <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 14:55:58 +0100, David Floyd <>
    > wrote:
    >>You seem to be most unfortunate. I have one account with 2 numbers
    >>since last November. I have found them most helpful when there has been
    >>anything I haven't quite understood or couldn't get working.

    > You seem to be most FORTUNATE I also have had problems with them that
    > has taken an age to get sorted and they have still not sorted out the
    > web site .
    > Bloody amateurs

    Hi
    so who are the ones you rate then? look back my old posts and you will see I
    always recommended voipfone (spit) but now I am unsure who to recommend -
    but voip.co.uk package suits my useage
    thanks
    Roy

    Roy MacDonald, Apr 25, 2006
  12. Chris Smithers

    Guest

    On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 15:41:57 +0100, "Roy MacDonald" <>
    wrote:
    >Hi
    >so who are the ones you rate then? look back my old posts and you will see I
    >always recommended voipfone (spit) but now I am unsure who to recommend -
    >but voip.co.uk package suits my useage
    >thanks
    >Roy

    I am very pleased with Voipfone myself Roy have been since I signed up
    with them several months ago now and I do not think they can be beaten
    for price and service offered.I mainly use voipfone for the mobile
    call back service which saves pounds when out and about and for
    certain incoming calls .
    I really must get around to closing my voip.co.uk account down it is
    very seldom used has I use voipcheap and sipdiscount for outbound
    calls .

    , Apr 25, 2006
  13. <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 15:41:57 +0100, "Roy MacDonald" <>
    > wrote:
    >>Hi
    >>so who are the ones you rate then? look back my old posts and you will see
    >>always recommended voipfone (spit) but now I am unsure who to recommend -
    >>but voip.co.uk package suits my useage
    >>thanks
    >>Roy
    >>

    > I am very pleased with Voipfone myself Roy have been since I signed up
    > with them several months ago now and I do not think they can be beaten
    > for price and service offered.I mainly use voipfone for the mobile
    > call back service which saves pounds when out and about and for
    > certain incoming calls .
    > I really must get around to closing my voip.co.uk account down it is
    > very seldom used has I use voipcheap and sipdiscount for outbound
    > calls .

    So would you say voipcheap + voipfone are a good combination for outgoing +
    incoming calls? That way apparently I get unlimited (?) free calls to
    landlines in most countries, and can port in my number for incoming calls.

    Chris Smithers, Apr 25, 2006
  14. Chris Smithers

    Jono Guest

    Thomas Kenyon pretended :
    > Roy MacDonald wrote:
    >
    >>> Hi
    >>> I used to be Voipfones biggest fan, they offer a wide range of services at
    >>> a reasonable price, but I no longer recommend them to anyone, my real name
    >>> is in my post so if you reading this voipfone you know who I am.
    >>> Voipfone owed me a small sum of money and rather than try and sort it out
    >>> they lied and then ignored my emails and telephone calls regarding this.

    > Sort what out? I'd be very interested because I'm thinking of setting up
    > some services with voipfone.
    >
    >>> I went to www.voip.co.uk and took all my voipfones referals with me and
    >>> none of them regret move, have a look at them.

    > I have 2 accounts with voip.co.uk, and there has been an outstanding
    > support issue of one kind or another since they were openned.
    >
    > Other problem appears to be that with one account the calls keep getting
    > cut off, and on both accuont I am being billed for calls that are
    > supposed to be included. (They've known about this for over a month and
    > I've had no joy out of them).
    >
    > Not to mention the caller ID functionality doesn't work
    >
    >>> cheers
    >>> Roy MacDonald

    Caller ID works flawlessly for me.....what equipment are you using?

    Voip.co.uk always (touch wood) works inbound, even when I can't ring in
    on "another provider's" number.

    Jono, Apr 25, 2006
  15. Chris Smithers

    Jono Guest

    on 25/04/2006, supposed :
    > On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 14:55:58 +0100, David Floyd <>
    > wrote:
    >> You seem to be most unfortunate. I have one account with 2 numbers
    >> since last November. I have found them most helpful when there has been
    >> anything I haven't quite understood or couldn't get working.

    > You seem to be most FORTUNATE I also have had problems with them that
    > has taken an age to get sorted and they have still not sorted out the
    > web site .
    > Bloody amateurs

    Could you be the common link with the problems, though?......

    Not intending to fan the flames, however, there seem to be more people
    happy with both Sipgate & voip.co.uk than otherwise. I certainly am.

    Jono, Apr 25, 2006
  16. Chris Smithers

    DJ Guest

    In message <>,
    writes
    >On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 12:00:24 GMT, Thomas Kenyon
    ><> wrote:
    >

    >>I have 2 accounts with voip.co.uk, and there has been an outstanding
    >>support issue of one kind or another since they were openned.
    >>
    >>Other problem appears to be that with one account the calls keep getting
    >>cut off, and on both accuont I am being billed for calls that are
    >>supposed to be included. (They've known about this for over a month and
    >>I've had no joy out of them).
    >>
    >>Not to mention the caller ID functionality doesn't work

    >Has I have statd before Tom I only rate them slightly better than
    >Sipgate .

    I have had no problems whatsoever with voip.co.uk and caller ID does
    work here with my asterisk server.

    --
    DJ

    DJ, Apr 25, 2006
  17. Jono wrote:
    > Thomas Kenyon pretended :

    >> Sort what out? I'd be very interested because I'm thinking of setting up
    >> some services with voipfone.

    >> I have 2 accounts with voip.co.uk, and there has been an outstanding
    >> support issue of one kind or another since they were openned.
    >>
    >> Other problem appears to be that with one account the calls keep getting
    >> cut off, and on both accuont I am being billed for calls that are
    >> supposed to be included. (They've known about this for over a month and
    >> I've had no joy out of them).
    >>
    >> Not to mention the caller ID functionality doesn't work

    > Caller ID works flawlessly for me.....what equipment are you using?
    >
    > Voip.co.uk always (touch wood) works inbound, even when I can't ring in
    > on "another provider's" number.

    The problem I'm having is with the ability to set the caller ID yourself
    for the individual call (Allow any), the tech support fella that I
    reported it to said (eventually) it didn't work.

    As a comparison, it works flawlessly with gradwell.com .

    Thomas Kenyon, Apr 25, 2006
  18. Chris Smithers

    Guest

    On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 19:03:32 +0100, DJ <>
    wrote:

    >I have had no problems whatsoever with voip.co.uk and caller ID does
    >work here with my asterisk server.

    I have no problems with inbound or outbound calls it is the overall
    impression they give when they say stuff like.....................
    "We are aware of an issue with calls not being filtered into the
    correct tabs properly, please bear with us while we correct the
    issue."
    They have been saying this now for months and they have still not
    bothered to correct the problem and I doubt they ever will . It is
    just there overall couldn't care less attitude that is getting to me .
    "please bear with us" just how long do they expect customers to bear
    with them a year two years ,three or until they go to the wall .
    I reported a fault with the Freetalk site a few weeks ago and it was
    fixed within an hour of sending the email .

    , Apr 25, 2006
  19. Chris Smithers

    Brian A Guest

    On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 18:50:12 +0100, Jono
    <> wrote:

    >Thomas Kenyon pretended :

    >> Sort what out? I'd be very interested because I'm thinking of setting up
    >> some services with voipfone.

    >> I have 2 accounts with voip.co.uk, and there has been an outstanding
    >> support issue of one kind or another since they were openned.
    >>
    >> Other problem appears to be that with one account the calls keep getting
    >> cut off, and on both accuont I am being billed for calls that are
    >> supposed to be included. (They've known about this for over a month and
    >> I've had no joy out of them).
    >>
    >> Not to mention the caller ID functionality doesn't work

    >Caller ID works flawlessly for me.....what equipment are you using?
    >
    >Voip.co.uk always (touch wood) works inbound, even when I can't ring in
    >on "another provider's" number.

    Re:voip.co.uk
    I would support the claim about incorrect charging. It has been so
    for about 6 weeks. I am sure that they will reimburse accordingly. I
    am waiting while my credit runs out and then I will be cut off
    altogether because I am being charged by the minute when I am not
    supposed to be charged at all. The charging was OK at one time so what
    has changed?
    I really can't see why they can't sort this out. I write programs
    myself and I don't think it would take me 6 weeks to sort it. I was
    told months ago that they had a new voicemail in the offing...that has
    never transpired.
    However, the tariff is good for UK calls, the best in fact, and that
    is why I am with them. I no longer rely on them for incoming calls
    though, partiallly that's because the voicemail is rather basic (the
    message gets deleted as soon as you have listened to it - the only way
    to re-listen is to pick it up on the Net).
    The caller display did work when I last used them for incoming calls
    but I don't know about now.
    I think that Chris, who answers most of the support tickets for me, is
    probably doing his best and just feeding us with the same dubious
    information suppplied to him. He is always polite.

    Would I compare them to Sipgate - no I wouldn't. Outgoing calls and
    call quality seems to be reliable now and the 'UK Pack' tariff is
    infinitely superior.

    It is just a pity they can't sort out the basic things.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Apr 25, 2006
  20. Chris Smithers

    Guest

    On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 19:19:51 GMT, Brian A
    <> wrote:

    >I think that Chris, who answers most of the support tickets for me, is
    >probably doing his best and just feeding us with the same dubious
    >information suppplied to him. He is always polite.

    I agree with you 100% regarding Chris and it is the fact that I
    thought and you have stated that Chris is feeding us with the same
    dubious info supplied to him, which in turn aroused my suspicions the
    other week that Voip.co.uk are in fact resellers for some larger
    organization .

    >It is just a pity they can't sort out the basic things.

    Again this gives rise to suspecting that it is not in their hands to
    sort out the basic things Brian Chris has always given me the
    impression that if he had a free hand everything would have been
    sorted yesterday .

    , Apr 25, 2006