    language to learn. C# or VB. I used to do a little asp
    programming (a little) in VBscript. Also, which exam
    should I attempt first. Can anyone give me some pointers?
    Lincoln Parks, Apr 14, 2004

  2. Lincoln Parks

    Eric Guest

    Lincoln Parks wrote:

    > I want to get my MCSD. However, i'm not sure which
    > language to learn. C# or VB. I used to do a little asp
    > programming (a little) in VBscript. Also, which exam
    > should I attempt first. Can anyone give me some pointers?

    Is VBScript the only language you've used? Obviously VB.NET is closer
    to VBScript.

    C# is closer to JavaScript and C++.

    How many years of experience do you have? C# is more popular as your
    experience level goes up. It's also more popular for advanced apps,
    although VB.NET is NOT in any way a weaker language.

    VB.NET is more popular among people who primarily make web apps.
    Eric, Apr 14, 2004

  3. >Obviously VB.NET is closer
    >to VBScript.

    about as close as the north and south poles!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Apr 14, 2004