  1. Mr David Lee

    Mr David Lee Guest

    Which should pursue in order to change career, MCSE or MCSD?

    Mr David Lee, Feb 5, 2005

  2. That depends. Which field do you want to go into?

    --
    "The Rev" MCNGP #44
    Microsoft Certified Trainer

    justafreak.com
    ..

    The Rev \(MCT\), Feb 5, 2005

  3. The Rev (MCT) wrote:
    > That depends. Which field do you want to go into?

    Left?

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Feb 5, 2005
  4. Mr David Lee

    Syncme Guest

    "Mr David Lee" <> wrote in message
    > Which should pursue in order to change career, MCSE or MCSD?

    MCSE is for network design, support, deployment and so on....
    MCSD is development more like programming.
    They are very different job roles.

    Syncme, Feb 5, 2005
  5. Mr David Lee

    Guest Guest

    It depends on what your current career is. I think it is also worth
    mentioning that MCSD is not a career, it is a certification for professional
    software developers. To be a developer, you must first become a developer, a
    certification doesn't make you a developer.

    Guest, Feb 5, 2005
  6. Mr David Lee

    kDog Guest

    Start first with English 101.

    kDog, Feb 6, 2005
  7. Mr David Lee

    David Guest

    Thanks, but which one is best?

    David, Feb 6, 2005
  8. Mr David Lee

    Guest Guest

    Which one is best? Well, they say MCSDs get more chicks than MCSEs. I mean,
    if you're a network admin, having that beeper tied to your hip 24x7 can
    seriously impeed mess up your dating life. On the other hand, if you know
    web services programming, then you are like a f*ck!ng rock star and going
    out with super models.

    Guest, Feb 6, 2005
  9. Mr David Lee

    Syncme Guest

    "David" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks, but which one is best?

    I'm not sure what your background is. If it is not in computers you might
    want to start with an A+ course to get your feet wet.
    A developer usually learns to program from highschool then
    college/university reading practicing or what ever. Anyone I know who
    develops have always been doing it. Picking up a book and reading it will
    not make you a developer.
    MCSE courses are meant for people with significant experience in the field.

    Syncme, Feb 7, 2005
  10. Mr David Lee

    Neil Guest

    did you hear <WKidd> say in news::

    > Well, they say MCSDs get more chicks than MCSEs.

    LIES! The lapel pins are too similar. Besides, Admins actually see
    sunlight, unlike the code weenies that have a permanent indentation on
    thier chair and sleep on the floor. The Pizza and Mountain Dew stains on
    the shirt also detract from the ability to score chicks, while my pocket
    protector is always appealing to the fillies.

    (course with my MCT lapel pun I have to actually BEAT the ladies away)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    - Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

    Neil, Feb 7, 2005
  11. Mr David Lee

    SkyDk Guest

    MSCE: Network Administration.

    A job you would need an MCSE involves building and
    maintaining networks including client machines, servers
    and the network connecting these machines together.

    If you are involved in using Windows 2003 etc then there
    is much in the way of interesting stuff to keep you
    occupied.

    Applications sit on this network and are built by
    solution developers...

    MCSD: Solution Development

    This is not just programming but learing to create
    appropriate applications for specific business needs.

    Now is an exciting time for Microsoft development as .NET
    allows developers to use sophisticated and highly
    configurable tools to create applications.

    Which One?:

    You should decide what type of career you want to go into
    and follow that career. Many jobs will include training
    as you require. The MS certification is just a facet of
    this career.

    Good luck.

    :)

    SkyDk, Feb 16, 2005