    Is this the case?

    Would I be better served, studying and practicing for the 70-290 and 70-291
    exams first?

    Newsgroups, Aug 15, 2007

  2. "Newsgroups" <> wrote in message
    news:Svswi.217698$:

    > I am planning on studying for my MCSA (Windows 2003). I believe I can
    > quickly study and pass the 70-270 XP professional exam. However, I have
    > heard that the 70-270 exam deals with a lot more than XP. It gets into
    > Windows server and networking questions.
    >
    > Is this the case?
    >
    > Would I be better served, studying and practicing for the 70-290 and 70-291
    > exams first?

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-270.mspx#EIE
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-290.mspx#EHF
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-291.mspx#EZE

    Review the links above and determine, by evaluating your own experience
    with the technology, which exam you should take first.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Aug 15, 2007

  3. Newsgroups

    Syed Shah Guest

    70-270 is a good start if you are confident in using all the features of
    windows xp + some networking.
    i was not very good at networking when i did my 70-270 but still i had
    enough knowledge to pass the exam as it doesnt go into too much detail. it
    does however over lap the 70-290 just a little bit.

    i would say do the 70-290 first as then you will have a good foundation to
    get a high pass score on the 70-270.
    as for the 70-291, definately not as your first exam. it really does test
    networking concepts to the next level and i think that it does require a lot
    more study and understanding of networking.
    good luck

    Syed Shah, Aug 20, 2007
  4. Newsgroups

    Newsgroups Guest

    Thanks, I found this very useful.
    I had tried to do the exam for windows 2000 Professional, but questions and
    concepts not related directly to 2000 kept coming up. I gave up on getting
    Certified for 2000. I was curious to knot it this was the case for XP.

    Newsgroups, Aug 20, 2007
  5. Newsgroups

    catwalker63 Guest

    "Newsgroups" <> prattled ceaselessly in

    > Thanks, I found this very useful.
    > I had tried to do the exam for windows 2000 Professional, but
    > questions and concepts not related directly to 2000 kept coming up. I
    > gave up on getting Certified for 2000. I was curious to knot it this
    > was the case for XP.

    Yes. Computing does not happen in a vaccum. Stuff has to work together.
    You will get questions regarding how XP interacts with other stuff.

    --
    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43

    catwalker63, Aug 21, 2007