Which Router

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Ferret, Aug 3, 2006.

  1. Ferret

    Ferret Guest

    Hi All

    Well till 2 weeks ago id never tried VOIP untill a m8 gave me a Tesco
    Internet phone.Well now im hooked
    So far i have a Voipcheap account for outgoing calls and because they
    no longer give you a incoming number even with credit i have a sipgate
    number as well as the tesco one.

    Now then i want a router ( i have one at the moment)that will allow
    me to setup 2 voip account ie sipgate in viopcheap out. Is there
    such a device? I would use Tesco for incoming but im told it needs
    the software and wont work with a router.

    If there isnt a router that allows 2 providers is there any other way
    i can achive this?

    Thanks
    Ferret
    ---
    External Post from http://ukvoiptalk.com
    Ferret, Aug 3, 2006

  2. Ferret

    pcdoc Guest

    Hi Ferret

    When you say a "Router" I assume you mean to route your
    voip, which would be an ATA box or a router like Frtzbox that has a
    built in ATA. Anyays if you have a Network Router then a Linksys
    Sipura SPA3000 would do the job for you, go onto voxilla.com site use
    the wizard to setup the UK or your countries regional settings, then
    in the SPA config page PSTN line add all your Sipgate details for
    inc calls on the Line 1 side add all your voicecheap details.

    All deepjoy and thrufoldvapours.
    ---
    External Post from http://ukvoiptalk.com
    pcdoc, Aug 3, 2006

  3. Ferret

    Martin² Guest

    You have four choices:
    Draytek 2800VG, very good, reliable, expensive. Draytek 2600VG, second hand
    / from Ebay, no ADSL2, but otherwise as 2800VG.
    FritzBox! from Sipgate.co.uk, many people swear by them, can set up multiple
    VoIP providers.
    Finally Zyxel 2602HW, ADSL2+, WiFi, 2x VoIP, latest TI chipset as good as
    anything else.
    As it happens I have new, boxed one for sale, they retail at £155, open to
    offers.
    Regards,
    Martin at gsoft dot freeserve dot co dot uk
    Martin², Aug 4, 2006
  4. Ferret

    Ferret Guest

    Hi lads

    Thanks i had been looking at the Sipura SPA3000, ilike the sound of
    the fritz box also 10 providers should future proof me :tongue

    Thanks for your advice

    Ferret
    ---
    External Post from http://ukvoiptalk.com