    specs such as KVR 133/266/400 and x64 or x72 appear, how can I find out what
    to use ?

    Finally any recommendation for suppliers?
    Tony Peter, Nov 9, 2004

  2. Tony Peter

    Kenny Guest

    Crucial memory calculator will tell you the correct type.
    http://www.crucial.com/calculator/
    As for mixing types some m/b's will let you, others may not. Put the
    slowest RAM in 1st slot and set BIOS to "detect RAM timings by SPD".
    Wording may be different depending on BIOS type but basically it detects RAM
    type in 1st slot and sets timings accordingly.
    If you don't know m/b make & model get Belarc Advisor:
    or Everest:
    http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en
    Both are free.

    --

    Kenny

    "Tony Peter" <> wrote in message
    > I have recently upgraded my old pc to XP for my daughter to use, however

    it

    Kenny, Nov 9, 2004