    What program should I use to print them ? Which one do you normally use ?

    Thanks
    Kostas

    Belgos, Jul 20, 2005

  2. Belgos

    per Guest

    "Belgos" <> wrote in
    news:gOxDe.149525$-ops.be...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to print some pictures as they come out of my A95, at home. Usually
    > send them out for my small prints but I want a few A4s at home, as I have
    > read that the 5MP files are good for up to that size. I don't do any post
    > processing at all, so I don't have photoshop.
    >
    > What program should I use to print them ? Which one do you normally use ?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Kostas

    Look at the Irfanview, it's great for quick viewing and printing, and it's
    much, much better than the price would indicate (it's free!):
    http://www.irfanview.com/
    /per

    per, Jul 20, 2005

  3. Belgos

    Pete D Guest

    The software with my Canon printer works fine for this, what printer are you
    using?

    Pete D, Jul 20, 2005
  4. Belgos

    Belgos Guest

    "Pete D" <> wrote in message
    > The software with my Canon printer works fine for this, what printer are

    you
    > using?

    A humble HP, model 1213...
    Which application do you use?

    Thanks

    Belgos, Jul 20, 2005
  5. Belgos

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 19:42:04 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "Belgos"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I want to print some pictures as they come out of my A95, at home. Usually I
    >send them out for my small prints but I want a few A4s at home, as I have
    >read that the 5MP files are good for up to that size. I don't do any post
    >processing at all, so I don't have photoshop.
    >
    >What program should I use to print them ? Which one do you normally use ?

    If you'd like a program, which can automatically scale, crop and/or
    sharpen, take a look at Qimage. Free demo available at
    http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage
    ----------
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at

    Ed Ruf, Jul 20, 2005
  6. Belgos

    Markeau Guest

    Didn't some photo software come with the camera?

    Markeau, Jul 21, 2005
  7. Belgos

    Pete D Guest

    "Belgos" <> wrote in message

    > "Pete D" <> wrote in message
    >> The software with my Canon printer works fine for this, what printer are

    > you
    >> using?
    >>

    > A humble HP, model 1213...
    > Which application do you use?
    >
    > Thanks

    I use the supplied Easy-PhotPrint that Canon supplies, if the HP printer is
    a photo printer HP should have supplied some printing software. Also have a
    look on the HP site.

    Pete D, Jul 21, 2005
  8. Belgos

    Pete D Guest

    I looked up that printer on the HP web site and failed to get a hit, more
    info needed.

    Pete D, Jul 21, 2005
  9. Belgos

    Don Stauffer Guest

    Belgos wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to print some pictures as they come out of my A95, at home. Usually I
    > send them out for my small prints but I want a few A4s at home, as I have
    > read that the 5MP files are good for up to that size. I don't do any post
    > processing at all, so I don't have photoshop.
    >
    > What program should I use to print them ? Which one do you normally use ?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Kostas

    If you have a recent version of Windows it should have a simple photo
    editor that comes with it that should work okay.

    Don Stauffer, Jul 21, 2005
  10. Belgos

    per Guest

    "Don Stauffer" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Belgos wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I want to print some pictures as they come out of my A95, at home.
    >> Usually I
    >> send them out for my small prints but I want a few A4s at home, as I have
    >> read that the 5MP files are good for up to that size. I don't do any post
    >> processing at all, so I don't have photoshop.
    >>
    >> What program should I use to print them ? Which one do you normally use ?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Kostas
    >>

    > If you have a recent version of Windows it should have a simple photo
    > editor that comes with it that should work okay.

    But the free irfanview is more useful, imho,
    per

    per, Jul 21, 2005
  11. Belgos

    Belgos Guest

    Thanks, I'll try the irfanview.
    Yes, I do have software that came with the camera, I was just wondering if
    there is something better that I don't know of.

    Belgos, Jul 21, 2005
  12. frozenchipmunk, Jul 22, 2005
  13. Belgos

    vixen2yall Guest

    Belgos wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to print some pictures as they come out of my A95, at home. Usually I
    > send them out for my small prints but I want a few A4s at home, as I have
    > read that the 5MP files are good for up to that size. I don't do any post
    > processing at all, so I don't have photoshop.
    >
    > What program should I use to print them ? Which one do you normally use ?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Kostas

    you could try gimp. http://www.gimp.org/

    it's pretty good photo editor for free. you can also install PS plug
    ins. not the best user interface but pretty powerful.

    neatimage is a very good clean up tool. it's also a freeware program.
    http://www.neatimage.com/

    not sure if this answers your question though as these are both photo
    processing programs. if your meaning you want to just send the image to
    the printer and print... most OS's have some form of print manager. so
    i'm assuming you mean you want to do some processing of some form. if
    that is the case gimp does just about anything PS will do. just the
    interface looks very DOS like. but free is free and it's a pretty good
    program. just make sure you get the one for your operating system. it
    was originally written for linux. (hense the dos'ie look)

    cheers
    kat

    vixen2yall, Jul 22, 2005
  14. Belgos