Which Printer ???????????

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Geoff, Jul 12, 2003.

  1. Geoff

    Geoff Guest

    Hi,

    Wonder if anyone could offer any printer advice??

    I have a Canon S820 at the moment - I've been really happy with the results
    until the last few days when I'm getting banding in the prints and nozzle
    check pattern indicates a blocked photo cyan head. I've done all of the
    cleaning/deep cleaning routines and it won't shift. I bought it from
    Jessops (UK) in November last year and the same thing happened about a month
    after I got it and they replaced it, so this one is the second S820 I've
    had. They have offered to replace this one with whatever I want (obviously,
    if it costs more that the S820, I will pay the difference). But which one
    to go for????

    I really like the S820, but don't I'm not sure I want to risk another one -
    what about the i950?? Anyone got any thoughts on this printer??

    Don't know a great deal about the Epson ones, 830, 915, 935 or 950. I'm not
    interested in being able to stick a CF card in the printer and it will get
    used 90% of the time for photos as I have an old Epson 760 that I use for
    draft stuff and text.

    Thanks in advance

    Geoff

    Geoff, Jul 12, 2003

  2. Geoff

    TiredRob Guest

    "Geoff" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Wonder if anyone could offer any printer advice??
    >
    > I have a Canon S820 at the moment - I've been really happy with the

    results
    > until the last few days when I'm getting banding in the prints and nozzle
    > check pattern indicates a blocked photo cyan head. I've done all of the
    > cleaning/deep cleaning routines and it won't shift. I bought it from
    > Jessops (UK) in November last year and the same thing happened about a

    month
    > after I got it and they replaced it, so this one is the second S820 I've
    > had. They have offered to replace this one with whatever I want

    (obviously,
    > if it costs more that the S820, I will pay the difference). But which one
    > to go for????
    >
    > I really like the S820, but don't I'm not sure I want to risk another

    one -
    > what about the i950?? Anyone got any thoughts on this printer??
    >
    > Don't know a great deal about the Epson ones, 830, 915, 935 or 950. I'm

    not
    > interested in being able to stick a CF card in the printer and it will get
    > used 90% of the time for photos as I have an old Epson 760 that I use for
    > draft stuff and text.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Geoff

    Geoff,

    Here's my take on it: Going strictly on my own personal experience, I'd say
    you've been unlucky with the Canon blocking up like that - My s800 has
    behaved in an exemplorary fashion ever since new, about 18 months ago. My
    previous 3 Epsons however, were all prone to regular blocking/banding
    problems. Run a google search for blocked inkjets, and guess which
    manufacturer hits the jackpot time after time..

    I'd go with the i950, haven't seen a bad review of it yet.

    Open for debate of course, since we all go on our own experiences..

    Rob.

    TiredRob, Jul 12, 2003

  3. Geoff

    Pena Guest

    "Geoff" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Wonder if anyone could offer any printer advice??
    >
    > I have a Canon S820 at the moment - I've been really happy with the

    results
    > until the last few days when I'm getting banding in the prints and nozzle
    > check pattern indicates a blocked photo cyan head. I've done all of the
    > cleaning/deep cleaning routines and it won't shift. I bought it from
    > Jessops (UK) in November last year and the same thing happened about a

    month
    > after I got it and they replaced it, so this one is the second S820 I've
    > had. They have offered to replace this one with whatever I want

    (obviously,
    > if it costs more that the S820, I will pay the difference). But which one
    > to go for????
    >
    > I really like the S820, but don't I'm not sure I want to risk another

    one -
    > what about the i950?? Anyone got any thoughts on this printer??
    >
    > Don't know a great deal about the Epson ones, 830, 915, 935 or 950. I'm

    not
    > interested in being able to stick a CF card in the printer and it will get
    > used 90% of the time for photos as I have an old Epson 760 that I use for
    > draft stuff and text.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Geoff

    Geoff

    I've had i950 now for couple of days and it is just as good as reviewd by
    users.
    Prints from PS are just like photos, i can't see any difference- these are
    way better than lab ones.
    i950 was MacWorld's winner some time ago.

    Ben

    Pena, Jul 12, 2003