    What are those long life inks BTW?
    Ben Thomas
    Melbourne, Australia

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?BenOne=A9?=, Feb 1, 2004

  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?BenOne=A9?=

    Jim Waggener Guest

    "BenOne©" <> wrote in message
    news:g6rjvb.4vd.ln@192.168.11.2...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Can someone please tell me which photo printers take the long life inks

    that
    > I've heard mentioned from time to time?

    Epson makes archival "pigment" inks. Any other printer that uses "dye" inks
    are not archival.
    I am not aware of any other printer manufacture that has archival specs
    other than Epson.

    You need a paper/ink combination for your prints to last. I suggest Epson.

    Jim Waggener, Feb 1, 2004

  3. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?BenOne=A9?=

    Dan Koerner Guest

    "Jim Waggener" <> wrote in message news:...

    | "BenOne©" <> wrote in message
    | > Hi all,
    | >
    | > Can someone please tell me which photo printers take the long life inks
    | that
    | > I've heard mentioned from time to time?
    |
    | Epson makes archival "pigment" inks. Any other printer that uses "dye" inks
    | are not archival.
    | I am not aware of any other printer manufacture that has archival specs
    | other than Epson.
    |
    | You need a paper/ink combination for your prints to last. I suggest Epson.

    | http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
    | -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

    Kodak Ultima (?)... advertised as a new layered process that will last >100 yrs with any pigment. I won't ever live long enough to know if only made it to 99... :)
    --
    Cheers, Dan

    Dan Koerner, Feb 1, 2004
  4. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?BenOne=A9?=

    Mark Herring Guest

    On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 21:31:03 GMT, BenOne© <> wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >Can someone please tell me which photo printers take the long life inks that
    >I've heard mentioned from time to time?
    >
    >What are those long life inks BTW?
    >--

    Right now, archival means Epson. Not just the OEM ink, but the wide
    range of 3rd party stuff.

    Canon is coming on strong, and I'm sure the various vendors will start
    having archival inks for them.

    Long life means pigment ink and archival paper. A good way to start
    learning more is to rummage around at any of the following (type into
    Google):

    MIS---AKA inksupply
    Mediastreet
    Lyson
    InkJet Art
    Colorbat
    **************************
    Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
    Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".

    Mark Herring, Feb 2, 2004

    | "BenOne©" <> wrote in message
    | > Hi all,
    | >
    | > Can someone please tell me which photo printers take the long life inks
    | that
    | > I've heard mentioned from time to time?
    |
    | Epson makes archival "pigment" inks. Any other printer that uses "dye"
    inks
    | are not archival.
    | I am not aware of any other printer manufacture that has archival specs
    | other than Epson.
    |
    | You need a paper/ink combination for your prints to last. I suggest Epson.

    | http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
    | -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

    Kodak Ultima (?)... advertised as a new layered process that will last >100
    yrs with any pigment. I won't ever live long enough to know if only made it
    to 99... :)
    --
    Cheers, Dan

    Re-read the Kodak claim It did not say simply any ink. They used the
    term modern inks, but appear to have left out the description of what their
    use of "modern" was.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Feb 2, 2004
  6. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?BenOne=A9?=

    Bill Hilton Guest

    Bill Hilton, Feb 2, 2004
  7. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?BenOne=A9?=

    Steve James Guest

    Steve James, Feb 2, 2004
  8. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?BenOne=A9?=, Feb 2, 2004
  9. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?BenOne=A9?=

    philipp Guest

    The new HP says 74 Years - that's long enough for me.

    philipp, Feb 2, 2004
  10. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?BenOne=A9?=

    HANSTEIS Guest

    You say "long life" rather than "archival." The latest HP Photosmart
    technology offers about 60-70 year projected print life (which is certainly
    longer than my projected life span) and has the advantages, I hear, of somewhat
    brighter colors than the Epson pigment inks as well as somewhat longer shelf
    life for the cartridges. I was ready to go with Epson, but have decided on HP
    instead.

    (John Stanley)
    Oh, threats of hell and hopes of Paradise--
    One thing at least is certain: This life flies.
    One thing is certain, and the rest is lies:
    The rose that once has blown forever dies.

    HANSTEIS, Feb 2, 2004
  11. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?BenOne=A9?=

    Guest

    BenOne© <> wrote:
    > Hi all,

    > Can someone please tell me which photo printers take the long life inks that
    > I've heard mentioned from time to time?

    > What are those long life inks BTW?

    Check Epson's web site and read the information about
    Epson's Durabright inks. You'll have your answer.

    , Feb 2, 2004