    which suites me, but I would like some personal recommendations

    thanks for the help

    Gea Jones

    Gea, Oct 13, 2006

  2. Gea

    Bill Crocker Guest

    "Gea" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello,
    > I decided to give up my dream of an A3 which wouldn't break
    > and instead get a really good photo quality A4,
    >
    > I went to all the usual shops today and was amazed at how many printers
    > have been made since a year ago,
    >
    > and also wondered if it might be worth getting an all
    > in one,
    > I need a good warranty and satples seem to have one for accidental damage
    > which suites me, but I would like some personal recommendations
    >
    > thanks for the help
    >
    > Gea Jones

    Consider Canon's PIXMA iP6600D. It's inexpensive, easy to maintain, and
    works great!

    Bill Crocker

    Bill Crocker, Oct 13, 2006

  3. Gea

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Gea wrote:

    > Hello,
    > I decided to give up my dream of an A3 which wouldn't break
    > and instead get a really good photo quality A4,
    >
    > I went to all the usual shops today and was amazed at how many printers
    > have been made since a year ago,
    >
    > and also wondered if it might be worth getting an all
    > in one,
    > I need a good warranty and satples seem to have one for accidental damage
    > which suites me, but I would like some personal recommendations
    >
    > thanks for the help
    >
    > Gea Jones

    Gea, as you only have one answer so far consider posting this in
    comp.periphs.printers
    too.

    --
    Paul (why dont you call me i feel like flying in two)
    Stop and Look

    Paul Heslop, Oct 14, 2006
  4. Gea

    Marvin Guest

    Gea wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I decided to give up my dream of an A3 which wouldn't break
    > and instead get a really good photo quality A4,
    >
    > I went to all the usual shops today and was amazed at how many printers
    > have been made since a year ago,
    >
    > and also wondered if it might be worth getting an all
    > in one,
    > I need a good warranty and satples seem to have one for accidental damage
    > which suites me, but I would like some personal recommendations
    >
    > thanks for the help
    >
    > Gea Jones

    I prefer not ot get an all-in-one. It does save space, but
    then there are the negatives. More capabilites mean more
    mechanical things ot go wrong. Buying seperate units allows
    you to select each individually according to your needs.

    My inexpensive HP printer came with fax capability, which
    desn't work all that well. It also scans, with a sheet
    feeder. I use that at times, but it can't replace my flat
    bed scanner. If I had a sheet feeder on my flat bed, I
    would use the printer to scan at all - the flat bed does a
    better job.

    Marvin, Oct 15, 2006
  5. Gea

    Gea Guest

    "Marvin" <> wrote in message
    > Gea wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >> I decided to give up my dream of an A3 which wouldn't break
    >> and instead get a really good photo quality A4,
    >>
    >> I went to all the usual shops today and was amazed at how many printers
    >> have been made since a year ago,
    >>
    >> and also wondered if it might be worth getting an all
    >> in one,
    >> I need a good warranty and satples seem to have one for accidental damage
    >> which suites me, but I would like some personal recommendations
    >>
    >> thanks for the help
    >>
    >> Gea Jones

    > I prefer not ot get an all-in-one. It does save space, but then there are
    > the negatives. More capabilites mean more mechanical things ot go wrong.
    > Buying seperate units allows you to select each individually according to
    > your needs.
    >
    > My inexpensive HP printer came with fax capability, which desn't work all
    > that well. It also scans, with a sheet feeder. I use that at times, but
    > it can't replace my flat bed scanner. If I had a sheet feeder on my flat
    > bed, I would use the printer to scan at all - the flat bed does a better
    > job.

    You read my mind,,, I was just thinking about an all in one.. for obvious
    reasons but what you have said has made me decide against it, I always hate
    that thing when one part of a computer /software goes wrong and you have to
    isolate it etc.
    looking through everything I could, I decided that there are so many
    printers for sale the worlds gone mad !!!
    Just in Epson alone, the only one which intrigued me was a canon which uses
    23 million ink dots as opposed to 5. something and 8. something ,
    I have sort of resigned myself to using 6 separate colours
    the main thing is the warranty I think...and of course the quality/price ,
    but it is very hard to tell about quality as though there are an awful lot
    of printers there are not many examples of the actual prints...

    thanks a lot for the answers , really appreciated

    Gea

    Gea, Oct 15, 2006
  6. Gea

    Stewy Guest

    In article <>,
    "Gea" <> wrote:

    > Hello,
    > I decided to give up my dream of an A3 which wouldn't break
    > and instead get a really good photo quality A4,
    >
    > I went to all the usual shops today and was amazed at how many printers
    > have been made since a year ago,
    >
    > and also wondered if it might be worth getting an all
    > in one,
    > I need a good warranty and satples seem to have one for accidental damage
    > which suites me, but I would like some personal recommendations

    If you do enjoy printing your own photos don't give up on an A3. You'd
    be surprised the difference a 50% increase in size does to a hung photo.

    I've had a Canon i6100 (well, in Japan that's what it's called) and have
    been very impressed by it. I'd buy it's replacement if I could justify
    spending another £200, but I've just taken out a new mortgage and have
    to temper the big purchases for a while.

    Stewy, Oct 16, 2006