    the LAN. Also in this case, they can either act as a router for other
    things on the network (with or without username/password), or use a
    router already there (this is my case).

    Phillip Helbig---remove CLOTHES to reply, Apr 16, 2006

  2. Phillip Helbig---remove CLOTHES to reply

    Martin² Guest

    Phillip Helbig:
    >Is there a definitive list of what ports are used for VOIP?

    I don't think so, different VoIP providers (sometimes) use different ports.
    You could check which ones you need for your VoIP providers, or just close
    the ones you think you don't need one by one.
    Regards,
    Martin

    Martin², Apr 18, 2006

  3. Phillip Helbig---remove CLOTHES to reply

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Martin²" <> wrote in message
    > Phillip Helbig:
    > > Is there a definitive list of what ports are used for
    > > VOIP?

    > I don't think so, different VoIP providers (sometimes)
    > use different ports. You could check which ones you need
    > for your VoIP providers, or just close the ones you think
    > you don't need one by one. Regards,
    > Martin

    Although the following seem to be "fairly" standard with most providers:

    3478 UDP & TCP
    5060 -5062 UDP
    10000-10012 UDP & TCP

    and possibly