    mpeg4,mpeg2, or Divx from a DVD-R(/w) DVD+R(/w)?

    Thanks.
    , Feb 4, 2006

  2. Chris F Guest

    On 4 Feb 2006 07:28:39 -0800, wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >Can anyone tell me, which portable DVD players play
    >mpeg4,mpeg2, or Divx from a DVD-R(/w) DVD+R(/w)?
    >
    >Thanks.

    thi isn't on-topic in uk.games.video.handheld.

    plus, it's probably easier for you to just go and look at the specs of
    some.

    some people are just bloody lazy these days!
    --

    gamertag: Chrisflynnuk
    http://live.xbox.com/member/Chrisflynnuk
    Chris F, Feb 4, 2006

  3. Lumstorm Guest

    wrote in news:1139066919.613198.187710
    @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Can anyone tell me, which portable DVD players play
    > mpeg4,mpeg2, or Divx from a DVD-R(/w) DVD+R(/w)?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Well it is offtopic but I just ordered one of these, it maybe what your
    looking for.

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000AYAZZG/202-9191699-1320621

    --
    Lumstorm
    --------
    Lumstorm, Feb 4, 2006
  4. Baz Guest

    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers
    Baz, Feb 4, 2006
  5. Biz Guest

    Doesnt anyone ever bother to check direct from horses mouth?

    http://www.divx.com/products/hw/browse.php?c=2

    Biz, Feb 5, 2006
  6. On 2006-02-04, Chris F <> wrote:
    > On 4 Feb 2006 07:28:39 -0800, wrote:
    >
    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>Can anyone tell me, which portable DVD players play
    >>mpeg4,mpeg2, or Divx from a DVD-R(/w) DVD+R(/w)?
    >>
    >>Thanks.

    > thi isn't on-topic in uk.games.video.handheld.

    I beg to differ. Many commercial DVDs feature little interactive games
    as special features. A portable DVD player which can play these is
    therefore a handheld.

    Choobs

    --
    Sir Chewbury Gubbins <>
    "Streaming through the starlit sky, travelling by telephone" - Syd Barret 1967

    http://www.nelefa.org - Game Diary, Fiction, and Ramblings [ESC]:wq
    Sir Chewbury Gubbins, Feb 5, 2006
  7. Chris F Guest

    On 5 Feb 2006 10:16:55 GMT, Sir Chewbury Gubbins
    <> wrote:

    >On 2006-02-04, Chris F <> wrote:
    >> On 4 Feb 2006 07:28:39 -0800, wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hello,
    >>>
    >>>Can anyone tell me, which portable DVD players play
    >>>mpeg4,mpeg2, or Divx from a DVD-R(/w) DVD+R(/w)?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks.

    >> thi isn't on-topic in uk.games.video.handheld.

    >I beg to differ. Many commercial DVDs feature little interactive games
    >as special features. A portable DVD player which can play these is
    >therefore a handheld.
    >
    >Choobs

    well no.

    unless you hold it in one hand, and the remote control in the other.

    Chris F, Feb 5, 2006
  8. On 2006-02-05, Chris F <> wrote:
    > On 5 Feb 2006 10:16:55 GMT, Sir Chewbury Gubbins
    ><> wrote:

    >>> thi isn't on-topic in uk.games.video.handheld.

    >>I beg to differ. Many commercial DVDs feature little interactive games
    >>as special features. A portable DVD player which can play these is
    >>therefore a handheld.
    >>
    >>Choobs

    > well no.
    >
    > unless you hold it in one hand, and the remote control in the other.

    I think you'll find that portable DVD players tend to have a navigation
    'd-pad'. So, yes ;-)

    Choobs

    Sir Chewbury Gubbins, Feb 5, 2006
  9. crosstown Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > Can anyone tell me, which portable DVD players play
    > mpeg4,mpeg2, or Divx from a DVD-R(/w) DVD+R(/w)?
    >
    > Thanks.

    I use a philips model 642/37. Any version Philips 642 should do the job.
    I also own a KiSS dp 450. When the first became available in the US and was
    selling them through my website.
    I still recommend the Philips as it is much more dependable. The KiSS is a
    bit buggy. I suppose the fact that I was sort of beta testing firmware on it
    could have something to do with the problems it developed.
    Im sure you will be happy with the simplicity and performance of the Philips
    642 ...for $60-$70 US.
    If a file doesnt display correctly the first time with the philips just open
    the menu with the controler and tab down to exit the menu and it will play
    properly 99% of the time. I havent found a valid .avi file yet that it would
    not run.
    crosstown, Feb 6, 2006
  10. crosstown Guest

    Sorry...I overlooked the "handheld" part of the question.
    I guess I dont have an answer to that one as I cannot figure out why anyone
    would want to try watching video on one of those tiny screens so I never
    learned about them.
    crosstown, Feb 6, 2006