    Or is there another drive I should look at, below £100?
    cheers....................

    ---
    tomm, Feb 17, 2004

  2. tomm

    al dente Guest

    tomm wrote:
    | The 106 seems to be favourite with most people and as I`m after a
    | cheapish burner, this seems the obvious choice.
    | I`m not too bothered about really fast DVD burning speed as I can`t
    | see myself doing more than a handfull a week.
    | I`ll use a cd rom drive as a slave to save wear & tear on the burner
    | too. The 107 is about £25 dearer , but is burn speed the only
    | advantage if I get one of these?
    | Or is there another drive I should look at, below £100?
    | cheers....................
    |

    | ---

    The 106 is probably one of the beast priced, quality burners available and
    has a proven track record as well as good support. You could buy cheaper at
    the possible expense of incompatibility.

    If I was going to buy another one then I would pay the extra £25, 15 minutes
    to burn 4GB might not seem like long but the ability to half that time would
    be welcome regardless the fact that I don't burn a lot.

    Of course, if £25 saved means you have food on the table for an extra week
    then the choice is yours.

    --
    Gazwad

    Freelance scientist and people tester.