    restrictions on camera bags. Any input on current or past Domke owners.
    I need cotton and I like the mesh panels for ventilation.

    Thanks.
    MJG, Jan 19, 2006

  2. On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 01:28:22 GMT, MJG <> wrote:

    >I am looking closely at photo vests and have pretty well narrowed it
    >down to the "Domke Photog" I would use it all summer long doing
    >photography at Airshows. Out in the heat and sun and some shows have
    >restrictions on camera bags. Any input on current or past Domke owners.
    >I need cotton and I like the mesh panels for ventilation.

    I've had a Domle for many years, and it works fine for me. Even though
    I've used it when backpacking. it is still in good shape.
    Richard Smith, Jan 19, 2006

  3. MJG

    This old Bob Guest

    "MJG" <> wrote in message
    >I am looking closely at photo vests and have pretty well narrowed it
    > down to the "Domke Photog" I would use it all summer long doing
    > photography at Airshows. Out in the heat and sun and some shows have
    > restrictions on camera bags. Any input on current or past Domke owners.
    > I need cotton and I like the mesh panels for ventilation.

    I used a vest for about a year and then decided that for shooting events,
    when I'm usually in one place for up to or more than an hour, it sucks not
    being able to take my vest off and set it down like I can with a bag. Also
    the vest doesn't offer padding.
    This old Bob, Jan 19, 2006
  4. MJG

    Guest

    On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 01:28:22 GMT, MJG <> wrote:

    > I am looking closely at photo vests and have pretty well narrowed it
    > down to the "Domke Photog" I would use it all summer long doing
    > photography at Airshows. Out in the heat and sun and some shows have
    > restrictions on camera bags. Any input on current or past Domke owners.
    > I need cotton and I like the mesh panels for ventilation.

    Visit a fishing tackle shop and have a look at some fly fishing vests.
    , Jan 19, 2006
    :
    : > I am looking closely at photo vests and have pretty well narrowed it
    : > down to the "Domke Photog" I would use it all summer long doing
    : > photography at Airshows. Out in the heat and sun and some shows have
    : > restrictions on camera bags. Any input on current or past Domke owners.
    : > I need cotton and I like the mesh panels for ventilation.
    :
    : Visit a fishing tackle shop and have a look at some fly fishing vests.

    I am not sure of the current price of the vest mentioned but a year ago I
    was looking for a "Photojournalist vest" and found that most were VERY
    over priced. I finally found one at

    www2.rangersurplus.com/details.asp?item_id=1705

    That was very inexpensive and very comfortable. I use mine when theme park
    touring and find it is very comfortable over long days in the heat. I also
    made sure to get a much larger size than my body would require. This way
    on the cool mornings I could wear a jacket under it without binding. And I
    found that the back pocket is perfect for my jacket to fold and stuff it
    in (giving me a "lumbar pillow") with room to also include a folded rain
    poncho. :)

    Randy

    ==========
    Randy Berbaum
    Champaign, IL
    Randy Berbaum, Jan 19, 2006
  6. On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 01:28:22 GMT, MJG <> wrote:

    >I am looking closely at photo vests and have pretty well narrowed it
    >down to the "Domke Photog" I would use it all summer long doing
    >photography at Airshows. Out in the heat and sun and some shows have
    >restrictions on camera bags. Any input on current or past Domke owners.
    >I need cotton and I like the mesh panels for ventilation.

    Domke is the way to go. Avoid anything with nylon mesh, too hot.

    "A combat photographer should be able to make you see the
    color of blood in black and white"

    David Douglas Duncan
    Speaking on why in Vietnam
    he worked only in black and white