    Databases with MS SQL Server 2000).

    Thanks,
    Ralf
    Ralf Schuhmann, Mar 4, 2004

  2. Ralf Schuhmann

    Eric Guest

    Ralf Schuhmann wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a question about the oder of the exams for MCSD.NET.
    > I plan to make the MCSD.NET in C# but I don't know which order is the
    > best way to make it.
    > I will make the exams 70-315, 70-316, 70-320, 70-300 and 70-229
    > (Designing and Implementing
    > Databases with MS SQL Server 2000).
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ralf

    Do you know anything about SQL Server already? Do the 70-229 first.

    Do you know ASP.NET at all now? Do the 70-315 first.

    Do you know anything about Windows GUI programming? Do the 709-316
    first.

    By all means I would leave the 70-320 and 70-300 for last.
    Eric, Mar 4, 2004

  3. Hi Eric,

    Thank you for your answer. I have experience with SQL Server 2000 and
    Windows GUI programming.
    I have not much experience with ASP.NET (I should improve that :)

    Thanks again,
    Ralf
    Ralf Schuhmann, Mar 4, 2004
  4. Ralf Schuhmann

    me Guest

    70-300 has almost nothing to do with any of the .NET
    languages. The test is entirely reading comprehension. I
    passed it on the first go but it was not easy. Try to
    find a few study guides to figure out how to read the
    case studies, go thru them about a million times, and you
    will do fine, but id leave it till last so you will at
    least have your MCAD by then, good luck.

    me, Mar 4, 2004
  5. Ralf Schuhmann

    Eric Guest

    Ralf Schuhmann wrote:

    > Hi Eric,
    >
    > Thank you for your answer. I have experience with SQL Server 2000 and
    > Windows GUI programming.
    > I have not much experience with ASP.NET (I should improve that :)
    >
    > Thanks again,
    > Ralf

    ASP.NET is not really much like ASP. You can learn ASP.NET without
    having a background in web programming if you use the Que study guides.

    But you'd probably find the Windows Forms and SQL Design tests to be
    easier for you right now.

    I decided to start with the ASP.NET test because I wanted to learn it.
    This seems to be one of the hottest areas right now. And I was not let
    down - it really is cool!
    Eric, Mar 5, 2004