    shutterfly?

    Any advice is appreciated!

    jmc

    jmc, Dec 15, 2008

  2. jmc

    Jurgen Guest

    jmc wrote:
    > I've been quite taken by some photography I've seen (and purchased) this
    > weekend, printed on canvas. I was even able to compare the same photo
    > on paper vs canvas. The canvas prints are very impressive - vivid and
    > interesting.
    >
    > The photographer I spoke to does all his own work, so no help there :)
    >
    > I'd like to try this for one or two of my own digital photos. I see
    > there are a number of online stores that will do this printing, would be
    > interested in your experiences - who's good, and who I should avoid.
    > Should I use one of the specialty companies, or can I use someone like
    > shutterfly?
    >
    > Any advice is appreciated!
    >
    > jmc

    SNAPFISH
    Owned by HP the people who make the printers.

    Jurgen, Dec 15, 2008

  3. jmc

    jmc Guest

    Suddenly, without warning, Jurgen exclaimed (12/15/2008 2:21 PM):
    > jmc wrote:
    >> I've been quite taken by some photography I've seen (and purchased)
    >> this weekend, printed on canvas. I was even able to compare the same
    >> photo on paper vs canvas. The canvas prints are very impressive -
    >> vivid and interesting.
    >>
    >> The photographer I spoke to does all his own work, so no help there :)
    >>
    >> I'd like to try this for one or two of my own digital photos. I see
    >> there are a number of online stores that will do this printing, would
    >> be interested in your experiences - who's good, and who I should
    >> avoid. Should I use one of the specialty companies, or can I use
    >> someone like shutterfly?
    >>
    >> Any advice is appreciated!
    >>
    >> jmc
    >>

    > SNAPFISH
    > Owned by HP the people who make the printers.

    Doesn't look like they do canvas prints - if you know otherwise do you
    have a url?

    jmc, Dec 15, 2008
  4. jmc

    Guest

    You might want to check out http://www.fineprintimaging.com/ - I use
    them for all of my fine art printing and they are quite excellent
    indeed.

    Paul Moore
    http://www.diomedes.org/

    On Dec 15, 8:28 am, jmc <> wrote:
    > I've been quite taken by some photography I've seen (and purchased) this
    > weekend, printed on canvas.  I was even able to compare the same photo
    > on paper vs canvas.  The canvas prints are very impressive - vivid and
    > interesting.
    >
    > The photographer I spoke to does all his own work, so no help there :)
    >
    > I'd like to try this for one or two of my own digital photos. I see
    > there are a number of online stores that will do this printing, would be
    > interested in your experiences - who's good, and who I should avoid.
    > Should I use one of the specialty companies, or can I use someone like
    > shutterfly?
    >
    > Any advice is appreciated!
    >
    > jmc

    , Dec 15, 2008
  5. jmc

    Jurgen Guest

    http://www1.snapfish.com.au/gifts/product=photo-canvasprint

    Jurgen, Dec 15, 2008
  6. jmc

    jmc Guest

    Suddenly, without warning, Jurgen exclaimed (12/15/2008 6:36 PM):
    > jmc wrote:
    >> Suddenly, without warning, Jurgen exclaimed (12/15/2008 2:21 PM):

    >>> SNAPFISH
    >>> Owned by HP the people who make the printers.

    >> Doesn't look like they do canvas prints - if you know otherwise do you
    >> have a url?

    > http://www1.snapfish.com.au/gifts/product=photo-canvasprint

    Thanks. Doesn't look like there's a US equivalent product page, sadly.

    jmc

    jmc, Dec 16, 2008
  7. jmc

    tony cooper Guest

    On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 13:38:06 +1000, Troy Piggins
    <> wrote:

    >What makes you think I'm self-centred? And why would I "do over"
    >a professional photographer? What does that even mean?

    To "do over" someone is to cheat them in some way.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Dec 16, 2008
  8. jmc

    Mark Thomas Guest

    OT Re: Which online store to use for canvas printing?

    Troy Piggins wrote:
    > * Jurgen wrote :
    >> ..
    >> If you really must know, I mistook the OP's location. It seems the
    >> interpretation software I run on Inet's ID code needs a little refining
    >> unless the OP is using the Tor network or a proxy to obfuscate his ID
    >> and I picked up an aussie proxy address.

    > He doesn't need a Tor network. There is no location information
    > or posting IP address in his headers AFAICT. Did I miss
    > something?
    >
    > Although if I were to have a stab in the dark about his location,
    > and being the trusting kind of guy that I am, I'd look at the
    > email address, de-obfuscate (is that even a word?) it and figure
    > he's in the US, based on the TLD part of the address. No need
    > for fancy "interpretation software".
    >
    >> Are you related to Mark Thomas?

    > No.
    >
    >> You both seem to have a the same attitude problem.

    > Thanks, but I don't think it's a problem. He's a pretty astute
    > guy.

    Thanks, Troy. Too kind.

    Actually, I confess I find this 'Jurgen' stuff hilarious. At least he
    now knows how to spell his name - he started out as 'Juegen'.

    That was just a *side-splittingly* elaborate explanation:
    > It seems the
    > interpretation software I run on Inet's ID code needs a little refining
    > unless the OP is using the Tor network or a proxy to obfuscate his ID
    > and I picked up an aussie proxy address.

    ??? Yeah, that *would be* what happened....

    Can't wait for the next faux pas.

    Mark Thomas, Dec 16, 2008
  9. jmc

    D-Mac Guest

    "Troy Piggins" <> wrote in message

    >> Are you related to Mark Thomas?

    > No.
    >
    >> You both seem to have a the same attitude problem.

    > Thanks, but I don't think it's a problem. He's a pretty astute
    > guy.
    >
    > --
    > Troy Piggins

    Absolutely unbelievable!
    I can't leave you trolls off your lease for a day without you getting your
    juices flowing at the thought I might be on deck in drag.

    When I was kid, all the school yard bullies were fat ugly pigs who seemed to
    think they knew it all. Guess what Piggo? Not only are you a total fuchwit
    but the whole world is privy to the knowledge.

    As for your bum buddy Mark Thomas or is it Charles Stevens? You two deserve
    each other. A pair of total losers imitating humans beings. Get a life
    idiot!

    In case you havent figured it out yet... It's me Douglas St James MacDonald.
    D-Mac. So fare you fuchwits have fingered 4 people you "thought" (as if you
    were capable of the process) were me. How many people are you going to
    target before in dawns on you. I don't need to conceal my identity. If I
    want to play with you lot, I'll just post some photos. Real one, not stuff I
    bought (or stole).

    D-Mac, the only one.
    http://www.d-mac.info

    D-Mac, Dec 16, 2008
  10. jmc

    jmc Guest

    Suddenly, without warning, Jurgen exclaimed (12/15/2008 10:13 PM):
    > Troy Piggins wrote:
    >> * Jurgen wrote :

    >>> http://www1.snapfish.com.au/gifts/product=photo-canvasprint

    >> Cool. Been looking for a canvas print site. Thanks.
    >>
    >> Interesting. Aussie-based print site, but you're in Tennessee or
    >> something? Your international knowledge of printing places is
    >> pretty good. Perhaps you read the recommendation from D-Mac,
    >> with whom you seem to share many similar views:
    >> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.photo.digital.slr-systems/msg/9f0e1307f3cb18b8
    >>

    >> :)
    >>

    > I sympathise with any Professional Photographer who gets done over buy
    > you self centred aussies.
    >
    > If you really must know, I mistook the OP's location. It seems the
    > interpretation software I run on Inet's ID code needs a little refining
    > unless the OP is using the Tor network or a proxy to obfuscate his ID
    > and I picked up an aussie proxy address.
    >
    > Are you related to Mark Thomas? You both seem to have a the same
    > attitude problem.

    Used to be in Australia, not any more. Probably still something in my
    system that says Aus though. Not that I mind, obfuscating my location
    isn't necessarily a bad thing :)

    jmc

    jmc, Dec 16, 2008
  11. jmc

    jmc Guest

    Re: OT Re: Which online store to use for canvas printing?

    Suddenly, without warning, Mark Thomas exclaimed (12/16/2008 2:10 AM):
    > Troy Piggins wrote:
    >> * Jurgen wrote :
    >>> .. If you really must know, I mistook the OP's location. It seems the
    >>> interpretation software I run on Inet's ID code needs a little
    >>> refining unless the OP is using the Tor network or a proxy to
    >>> obfuscate his ID and I picked up an aussie proxy address.

    >> He doesn't need a Tor network. There is no location information
    >> or posting IP address in his headers AFAICT. Did I miss
    >> something?
    >>
    >> Although if I were to have a stab in the dark about his location,
    >> and being the trusting kind of guy that I am, I'd look at the
    >> email address, de-obfuscate (is that even a word?) it and figure
    >> he's in the US, based on the TLD part of the address. No need
    >> for fancy "interpretation software".
    >>
    >>> Are you related to Mark Thomas?

    >> No.
    >>
    >>> You both seem to have a the same attitude problem.

    >> Thanks, but I don't think it's a problem. He's a pretty astute
    >> guy.
    >>

    > Thanks, Troy. Too kind.
    >
    > Actually, I confess I find this 'Jurgen' stuff hilarious. At least he
    > now knows how to spell his name - he started out as 'Juegen'.
    >
    > That was just a *side-splittingly* elaborate explanation:
    >> It seems the interpretation software I run on Inet's ID code needs a
    >> little refining unless the OP is using the Tor network or a proxy to
    >> obfuscate his ID and I picked up an aussie proxy address.

    > ??? Yeah, that *would be* what happened....
    >
    > Can't wait for the next faux pas.

    I'd be interested as to how he got an aussie addy from my current emails
    - I used to be there, but have been in the US for some months now.

    jmc

    jmc, Dec 16, 2008
  12. jmc

    Troy Piggins Guest

    * D-Mac wrote :
    >* Troy Piggins wrote :
    >
    >>> Are you related to Mark Thomas?

    >> No.
    >>
    >>> You both seem to have a the same attitude problem.

    >> Thanks, but I don't think it's a problem. He's a pretty astute
    >> guy.

    > Absolutely unbelievable!

    G'day Doug. Long time, no read.

    > I can't leave you trolls off your lease for a day without you getting
    > your juices flowing at the thought I might be on deck in drag.

    You already tried that. Remember when you posed as Sarina Sarin, female
    fashion photographer?

    http://groups.google.com/group/rec.photo.equipment.35mm/msg/25580e78f1aaee7
    4

    It did nothing for me. Especially when you signed off with the wrong
    name. Oops.

    http://groups.google.com/group/aus.photo/msg/04e42d25cbf33dfe

    > When I was kid, all the school yard bullies were fat ugly pigs who
    > seemed to think they knew it all. Guess what Piggo? Not only are you a
    > total fuchwit but the whole world is privy to the knowledge.

    How am I bullying you? Why did you take offence to my posts in this
    thread before you chimed in here? Nothing in there was having a go at
    you. Right? I think you should re-read them and carefully think about
    your answer for a change.

    > As for your bum buddy Mark Thomas or is it Charles Stevens? You two
    > deserve each other. A pair of total losers imitating humans beings. Get
    > a life idiot!

    All I said was that I think he's astute. How does that make us "bum
    buddies" - jeez, I haven't heard that term since primary school.

    At least he can string a sentence together without looking like a gormless
    oaf. Look it up, you'll need to.

    > In case you havent figured it out yet... It's me Douglas St James
    > MacDonald. D-Mac. So fare you fuchwits have fingered 4 people you
    > "thought" (as if you were capable of the process) were me.

    The only people I have "fingered" as being you have either been outed by
    others or you have outed yourself by signing off with "Douglas" instead of
    "Julian", "Sarina", "2Squid" or whatever. Who's the idiot now?

    > How many people are you going to target before in dawns on you. I don't
    > need to conceal my identity. If I want to play with you lot, I'll just
    > post some photos. Real one, not stuff I bought (or stole).

    If you don't need to conceal your identity, and you said above your name
    is "Douglas St James MacDonald", how come you've posted multiple
    "professional" websites here under many variations of those names? You
    know, Douglas St James, Douglas MacDonald, Douglas James etc. Wouldn't it
    be simpler and more honest to use your real name, if you can even remember
    what that is? Maybe it's Douglas James MacDonald? Is it?

    That's not even talking about the ridiculous number of aliases you post on
    USENET with. Jeez, if some of your customers found out what a
    potty-mouthed name-shifting guy you are, they'd have to wonder how you can
    claim to be a "professional" living by this code of ethics you link from
    your website.

    Make sure you snip much of the above in your reply. It'll give you more
    credibility if your reply ignores the facts that make you look silly.

    --
    Troy Piggins
    using Xnews from work while getting new home connected

    Troy Piggins, Dec 17, 2008
  13. jmc

    >* D-Mac wrote :

    > If you don't need to conceal your identity, and you said above your name
    > is "Douglas St James MacDonald", how come you've posted multiple
    > "professional" websites here under many variations of those names? You
    > know, Douglas St James, Douglas MacDonald, Douglas James etc. Wouldn't it
    > be simpler and more honest to use your real name, if you can even remember
    > what that is? Maybe it's Douglas James MacDonald? Is it?
    >
    > That's not even talking about the ridiculous number of aliases you post on
    > USENET with. Jeez, if some of your customers found out what a
    > potty-mouthed name-shifting guy you are, they'd have to wonder how you can
    > claim to be a "professional" living by this code of ethics you link from
    > your website.
    >
    > Make sure you snip much of the above in your reply. It'll give you more
    > credibility if your reply ignores the facts that make you look silly.
    >
    > --
    > Troy Piggins
    > using Xnews from work while getting new home connected

    There you go.
    The notion I might be using several different PCs with different
    owners/users seems to escape you as you do exactly the same thing. Sarina is
    my studio manager. Thanks to you and the other idiotic stalking fuchwits
    from the kindergarten who were stalking me when I used her laptop, she went
    to a moderated forum for her advise. "I made a mistake, I actually thought
    photographers posted there" ...were her words about aus photo. Don't even
    think you can start on my daughter for using my network to post her photos
    of my 65th birthday party. Not even you could be that stupid.

    As far as I know, there is no law or established rule to stop someone name
    shifting as they try avoid trolls and stalker like you and that liar Mark
    Thomas, targeting their posts with nothing in mind but hijacking a thread to
    do a bit of head kicking to stave off the boredom.

    Why do you do that Piggo? Hijack threads for your own entertainment. Say
    what you like about me, apart from defending myself from images thieves,
    stalkers and childish idiots like you, I reply to help people, not steal
    their thunder. If you seriously want to have a go at me, trot on down to
    Wynnum, mate. I'll be only too happy to oblige you. Otherwise, Get the fuch
    out of my hair and stop annoying everyone else with your totally off topic
    crap.

    You seem to have an issue with anything I do. You criticize me... Actually
    to the point of trying make me look like a fool when it is you, the
    "talented" Expert with all things software who had to ask this old geezer
    how to write some script that stopped you stealing my images, who is the
    real fool.

    In pure Usenet lingo mate...I OWN YOU. The fact you still get your juices
    flowing at the thought of me is hilarious. Bend over mate, I need to see
    this idiot I so clearly own.

    My customers all seem pretty happy with what they get from me. Over 100
    positive EBay feedbacks from people who bought cameras and other gear
    ....including my landscape and seascape canvas enlargements and "shoot &
    burn" weddings might think you were out of your tree... IF the branch didn't
    break with the weight of all that blubber! ROTFL. Not to mention (but I will
    anyway) the wall of letters in my office from satisfied customers, some of
    their comments here: http://www.douglasjames.com.au/recommendations.htm

    Show me where the "potty Mouth" stuff is Fuchwit. Last time I checked
    calling an idiot and idiot was pretty straight forward stuff, even an idiot
    like you ought to be able to grasp that much... Or can't you read either?

    I can't help but wonder what a newly wed bloke is doing up at all hours of
    the night starting fights on Usenet with some old geezer who OWNS YOU. Not
    impotent by any chance are you? A lot of fat people are. Get a life piggo.
    Spend some time dreaming about your wife instead of me.

    Trolling around looking for one of my posts just so you can get your rocks
    off is no way to advance your social development. Something that is clearly
    in need of some corrective adjustments. Targeting innocent people you think
    are me, just because they show some intelligence beyond your recognition is
    going to get you nothing but trouble mate.

    D-Mac, Dec 17, 2008
  14. jmc

    Troy Piggins Guest

    OT (Was: Which online store to use for canvas printing?)

    * D-Mac wrote :
    >* Troy Piggins wrote :
    >>* D-Mac wrote :

    >> If you don't need to conceal your identity, and you said above your
    >> name is "Douglas St James MacDonald", how come you've posted multiple
    >> "professional" websites here under many variations of those names? You
    >> know, Douglas St James, Douglas MacDonald, Douglas James etc. Wouldn't
    >> it be simpler and more honest to use your real name, if you can even
    >> remember what that is? Maybe it's Douglas James MacDonald? Is it?
    >>
    >> That's not even talking about the ridiculous number of aliases you post
    >> on USENET with. Jeez, if some of your customers found out what a
    >> potty-mouthed name-shifting guy you are, they'd have to wonder how you
    >> can claim to be a "professional" living by this code of ethics you link
    >> from your website.
    >>
    >> Make sure you snip much of the above in your reply. It'll give you
    >> more credibility if your reply ignores the facts that make you look
    >> silly.

    > There you go.
    > The notion I might be using several different PCs with different
    > owners/users seems to escape you as you do exactly the same thing.
    > Sarina is my studio manager. Thanks to you and the other idiotic
    > stalking fuchwits from the kindergarten who were stalking me when I used
    > her laptop, she went to a moderated forum for her advise. "I made a
    > mistake, I actually thought photographers posted there" ...were her
    > words about aus photo. Don't even think you can start on my daughter for
    > using my network to post her photos of my 65th birthday party. Not even
    > you could be that stupid.

    Wow. You actually believe all that?

    If she was in your employ, how do you explain this her not seeming to know
    you?
    http://groups.google.com/group/rec.photo.equipment.35mm/msg/31c768bfb4b9b8a

    I know. You'll come up with something.

    > As far as I know, there is no law or established rule to stop someone
    > name shifting as they try avoid trolls and stalker like you and that
    > liar Mark Thomas, targeting their posts with nothing in mind but
    > hijacking a thread to do a bit of head kicking to stave off the boredom.

    You're the one who hijacked this thread, mate. Read back through it.

    > Why do you do that Piggo? Hijack threads for your own entertainment. Say
    > what you like about me, apart from defending myself from images thieves,
    > stalkers and childish idiots like you, I reply to help people,

    How did you help in this thread? You jumped in and had a go at me. You
    weren't defending yourself, I didn't "attack" you.

    I thanked Jurgen for the link. I was on topic. You, on the other hand...

    > ...not steal their thunder. If you seriously want to have a go at me,
    > trot on down to Wynnum, mate. I'll be only too happy to oblige you.

    You have some real anger built up there, mate. Suggest you go get some
    fresh air on your boat this Christmas. Relax.

    > Otherwise, Get the fuch out of my hair and stop annoying everyone else
    > with your totally off topic crap.
    >
    > You seem to have an issue with anything I do. You criticize me...
    > Actually to the point of trying make me look like a fool when it is you,
    > the "talented" Expert with all things software who had to ask this old
    > geezer how to write some script that stopped you stealing my images, who
    > is the real fool.

    I think you should read that email again. I emailed you to help YOU.
    You had a webpage that was some half-assed attempt to stop people from
    saving the images you posted on it. I emailed YOU to TELL YOU it didn't
    work and it was still quite easy to download the images so you didn't feel
    a false sense of security. I WAS TRYING TO HELP YOU. I wasn't asking for
    your help. I even told you in the email how your images were still
    exposed.

    Ieeewwww. Fantasise much?

    > My customers all seem pretty happy with what they get from me. Over 100
    > positive EBay feedbacks from people who bought cameras and other gear

    How many of those were you posting false feedbacks like the clocks n
    prints one?

    > ...including my landscape and seascape canvas enlargements and "shoot &
    > burn" weddings might think you were out of your tree... IF the branch
    > didn't break with the weight of all that blubber! ROTFL. Not to mention
    > (but I will anyway) the wall of letters in my office from satisfied
    > customers, some of their comments here:
    > http://www.douglasjames.com.au/recommendations.htm

    Well your credibility certainly is untainted, so I can imagine those are
    all genuine.

    ^
    +-- See that? That's sarcasm.

    > Show me where the "potty Mouth" stuff is Fuchwit.

    OMG, LOL. Quote of the year, I reckon. That's going in the signature.
    Thanks.

    > Last time I checked
    > calling an idiot and idiot was pretty straight forward stuff, even an
    > idiot like you ought to be able to grasp that much... Or can't you read
    > either?
    >
    > I can't help but wonder what a newly wed bloke is doing up at all hours
    > of the night starting fights on Usenet with some old geezer who OWNS
    > YOU. Not impotent by any chance are you? A lot of fat people are. Get a
    > life piggo. Spend some time dreaming about your wife instead of me.
    >
    > Trolling around looking for one of my posts just so you can get your
    > rocks off is no way to advance your social development.

    Err, again, YOU jumped in here. I wasn't looking for you. You seemed to
    find me, though.

    > Something that is clearly
    > in need of some corrective adjustments. Targeting innocent people you
    > think are me, just because they show some intelligence beyond your
    > recognition is going to get you nothing but trouble mate.

    Wow. Nice rant. Name calling, sexual fantasies, fat jokes, impotence
    jokes, physically threatening, lies, spelling and grammar of a primary
    school kid. It had it all. Thanks for taking the time. Highly
    entertaining.

    Anywho... I apologise to any others reading this. I didn't mean to go on
    so long. It's just so hard when he gives so much material.

    --
    Troy Piggins
    Quote of the year:

    Troy Piggins, Dec 17, 2008
  15. jmc

    jmc Guest

    Suddenly, without warning, Ralph B. exclaimed (12/17/2008 3:28 AM):

    > Dear Resident-Troll,
    >
    > Your reply is completely off-topic. Here are some (new & improved) topics that
    > befit this newsgroup. Please consider them for future discussions and posts:

    Or, you might have actually answered my question, instead of trying to
    hijack the thread further with your own agenda.

    Fine. Now I remember why I left these groups in the first place. Ask a
    simple question, get the thread hijacked in a stupid flamewar.

    Have fun guys, I'm outta here.

    jmc

    jmc, Dec 17, 2008