    Please advise.

    Thanks,
    Sri
    Sri, Nov 7, 2003

  2. Sri

    Guest Guest

    Spend a year learning VB.NET. Once done, start studying for VB.NET
    certification.

    Guest, Nov 7, 2003

  3. Sri

    Guest Guest

    Why would you tell someone that is already acquainted with
    programming to study VB.NET for a year? Is that so they
    don't go out into the working world and jeopardise your
    possibilities. Most programmers can pick up a new language
    in a few months and easily pass the test. It must be you
    that is new to programming since all of us programmers
    know this. I program in 8 languages. You?

    Guest, Nov 7, 2003
  4. Sri

    The Rock Guest

    I suggest you to certify your current skill for VB6 first, and then jump to
    VB.NET later...

    The Rock, Nov 8, 2003
  5. Sri

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Absolutely.
    Learn one oo language, the rest are easy to learn. Generally design &
    programming techniques don't change, only the constructs and syntax
    do. In any case programming forms only a small part of the development
    process.

    I will say though, that learning the ins and outs of dot net does
    require more effort, although you certainly don't need to understand
    it a great deal in order to pass the exams.

    Kline Sphere, Nov 8, 2003
  6. Sri

    Guest Guest

    Sri didn't express an immediate interest in landing a job. He did say that
    he has no idea about .NET, and it can in fact take a year to become fully
    acquanted with a new platform (it's not just leaning a new language). I
    already have a job, so I'm not concerned with misleading potential
    competitors. My only intention is to provide useful and pragmatic advise to
    someone who asked for it.

    Guest, Nov 8, 2003
  7. Sri

    Sri Guest

    Thanks for the info I just have one more question, Is
    there some kind of upgade exam after MCSD VB6 so that we
    don't have to take all 5 exams .I heard MS was offering
    something like that & that is free if you are already a
    MCSD.

    Sri, Nov 10, 2003
  8. Sri

    Kline Sphere Guest