    Thanks

    --
    P§³

    \\\\\\, Aug 7, 2004

  2. \\\\\\

    tbm Guest

    I'm looking to buy a digital camera very soon, I narrowed my choices down to
    the following three:
    Nikon d100
    Nikon d70
    Fuji s2
    I'd like to hear your opinions on why you favor one over the other or you
    think one better than another.
    Thanks

    >i think it's got to be the d70.most up to date camera of the three,though i suspect all three are good.rgds to all from TBM...

    ---

    tbm, Aug 7, 2004

  3. Hi - if you are seeking perfection or at least higher performance it may
    cost just a wee bit more than these 3

    OTOH why not wait a month or 2? If new kit is released or announced at the
    photoshow who knows what prices may be

    Arts

    Arty Phacting, Aug 7, 2004
  4. "\"\"\"\"\"\"" <> writes:

    > I'm looking to buy a digital camera very soon, I narrowed my choices down to
    > the following three:
    > Nikon d100
    > Nikon d70
    > Fuji s2
    > I'd like to hear your opinions on why you favor one over the other or you
    > think one better than another.

    Well, I chose the S2 over the D100 back in December 2002, and I'm glad
    I did. The S2 has a significantly better sensor, especially for
    low-light work (noise levels). On the other hand, the user interface
    is considerably clunkier. I'm a long-term photographer and a computer
    geek, so I'm able to find my way around it fine, and don't mind the
    things it can't do, but I won't argue it's the perfect choice for
    everybody.

    I don't know the D70 first-hand. It's obviously considerably
    cheaper. I understand it loses some burst shot capability. It could
    easily be the right choice for you.

    David Dyer-Bennet, Aug 7, 2004
  5. \\\\\\

    hfs2 Guest

    Is this your first camera? If so, try a used
    3mp-ish unit and get a feel for it. Especially if
    your a recreational shooter. $1G is alot of money.

    hfs2, Aug 8, 2004
  6. \\\\\\

    Apteryx Guest

    "David Dyer-Bennet" <> wrote in message
    > "\"\"\"\"\"\"" <> writes:
    >
    > > I'm looking to buy a digital camera very soon, I narrowed my choices

    down to
    > > the following three:
    > > Nikon d100
    > > Nikon d70
    > > Fuji s2
    > > I'd like to hear your opinions on why you favor one over the other

    or you
    > > think one better than another.

    > Well, I chose the S2 over the D100 back in December 2002, and I'm glad
    > I did. The S2 has a significantly better sensor, especially for
    > low-light work (noise levels). On the other hand, the user interface
    > is considerably clunkier. I'm a long-term photographer and a computer
    > geek, so I'm able to find my way around it fine, and don't mind the
    > things it can't do, but I won't argue it's the perfect choice for
    > everybody.
    >
    > I don't know the D70 first-hand. It's obviously considerably
    > cheaper. I understand it loses some burst shot capability.

    The reverse is true. The D70 does not really have a burst mode in the
    traditional digicam sense of a set number of frames that can be shot
    before the camera shuts down for several seconds to write to the card.
    You can just keep going (or restart at any time after stopping a
    continuous burst) until the card is full, albeit at a slower rate once
    the buffer is full - http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond70/page10.asp

    The only advantage the S2 has in continous shooting is that with RAW it
    can manage 7 frames before its buffer is full, whereas the D70 can only
    manage 4. But as the S2 must come to a dead stop for 8 seconds once its
    buffer is full, whereas the D70 can just keep on chugging on
    indefinitely, even if at only 1 fps, to me the D70 has the advantage.
    And with JPEGs (which I would be using if I were shooting continously)
    it is the hands down winner.

    There appears to be no aspect of continous shooting at which the D100 is
    better than (or as good as) the D70.

    --
    Apteryx
    Treat anger like gold. Spend it wisely or not at all.

    Apteryx, Aug 8, 2004
  7. \\\\\\

    Mark M Guest

    "hfs2" <> wrote in message
    > Is this your first camera? If so, try a used
    > 3mp-ish unit and get a feel for it. Especially if
    > your a recreational shooter. $1G is alot of money.

    Why are you trying to talk him into a comparatively crappy camera?
    What is it about folks that make them think someone's first experience
    should be crappy?

    Mark M, Aug 8, 2004