    of camera ,i would be very grateful.

    Thanks,

    Dave
    D O'Reilly, May 26, 2004

  2. D O'Reilly

    Rick Guest

    "D O'Reilly" <> wrote in message news:...
    > I'm looking to buy the best digital camera regarding image quality and
    > manual options for £400.00 or under, I was interested in the fuji
    > finepix range but saw
    > some bad reviews regarding image quality.Can anyone help with my chose
    > of camera ,i would be very grateful.

    If image quality is paramount: Canon G5.

    If you don't mind post processing: Sony F717.

    Rick
    Rick, May 26, 2004

  3. D O'Reilly wrote:

    > I'm looking to buy the best digital camera regarding image quality and
    > manual options for £400.00 or under, I was interested in the fuji
    > finepix range but saw
    > some bad reviews regarding image quality.Can anyone help with my chose
    > of camera ,i would be very grateful.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Dave

    I don't know how much they cost over there, but the Olympus C750 is worth a look.

    --
    Ben Thomas

    Apparently less than 10% of accidents are caused by drivers exceeding the speed
    limit.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?BenOne=A9?=, May 26, 2004
  4. (D O'Reilly) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I'm looking to buy the best digital camera regarding image quality and
    > manual options for £400.00 or under, I was interested in the fuji
    > finepix range but saw
    > some bad reviews regarding image quality.Can anyone help with my chose
    > of camera ,i would be very grateful.

    The SD9 is in your price range with a 24-70 HF (40-120mm equivalent).
    No other digital camera comes to to it on image quality, the Kodak 14n
    is the next closest but is about $4000 out of your range.
    Georgette Preddy, May 26, 2004
  5. D O'Reilly

    JohnJ Guest

    > The SD9 is in your price range with a 24-70 HF (40-120mm equivalent).
    > No other digital camera comes to to it on image quality, the Kodak 14n
    > is the next closest but is about $4000 out of your range.

    To those unfamiliar with George/Georgette Preddy, please ignore his
    postings. If you read other postings by him you will find that
    he, for some reason, has a fetish against Canon. He is also
    extraordinarily pro Sigma/Foveon.
    JohnJ, May 26, 2004
  6. "D O'Reilly" <> wrote in message
    > I'm looking to buy the best digital camera regarding image quality and
    > manual options for £400.00 or under, I was interested in the fuji
    > finepix range but saw

    Not sure of prices where you are. In the U.S., the Canon G5 is less than
    $500, and is the best choice by far.
    Steven M. Scharf, May 26, 2004
  7. "D O'Reilly" <> wrote in message
    > I'm looking to buy the best digital camera regarding image quality and
    > manual options for £400.00 or under, I was interested in the fuji
    > finepix range but saw
    > some bad reviews regarding image quality.Can anyone help with my chose
    > of camera ,i would be very grateful.

    Please visit http://digitalcamerashortlist.com . This site will cut through
    the crap and advise you on the best choices.

    You may also want to visit http://sigmasd10.com, just in case our friend
    "Preddy" decides to pipe in with an SD9/SD10 recommendation.
    Steven M. Scharf, May 26, 2004