    Hi, do you have any idea which one is better, the A+
    certification or the MCDST? I am about to take the A+
    exam next month. Thanks

    ferditern, Dec 19, 2003

  2. Look at it this way

    The MCDST is purely Operating System, and is XP oriented. The A+ is half OS and Half Hardware, the MCDST does not give you hardware, and that is the strength of the A+

    I would hope that CompTIA would allow the MCDST as an option to replace the OS part of the A+ (this is a suggestion - not a current way things operate).

    OverCertified, Dec 21, 2003

  3. ferditern

    Guest Guest

    I'm A+ and I do not regret it.You can combine A+/Network+
    or A+/Server+ as a substitute for an elective for MCSA.
    MCDST is an "island" certification that currently leads to
    no other certifications.Take your 270 ,as I did,to acquire
    your MCSE/A and be done with it.

    Guest, Jan 11, 2004
  4. The MCDST cert can be used as an elective in the MCSA.

    --
    Tom Helms [MSFT]

    newsgroup purposes only."

    Tom Helms [MSFT], Jan 12, 2004