    D100, Canon 10D, 300D?

    The main different between D70 & D100.

    Thanks a lot!

    wallace wong, Apr 19, 2004

  2. wallace wong

    B.A.S. Guest

    wallace wong wrote:

    > Hello All,
    >
    > Who can tell me which digital camera focusing is faster such Nikon D70,
    > D100, Canon 10D, 300D?
    >
    > The main different between D70 & D100.
    >
    > Thanks a lot!

    I have the D70 and am very pleased with the focusing speed and shutter
    lag (or lack thereof). I'm using it with the AF-S Nikkor 24-85 G lens,
    and the focusing is very fast. I was waiting for a DSLR to come in under
    $1000, with focusing speed and shutter lag comparable to the best film
    SLR's, and the D70 meets that criteria ably. Very pleased with the
    results shooting soccer and kids in motion in general.

    B.A.S., Apr 19, 2004

  3. wallace wong

    Jim Townsend Guest

    wallace wong wrote:

    > Hello All,
    >
    > Who can tell me which digital camera focusing is faster such Nikon D70,
    > D100, Canon 10D, 300D?

    You're asking the wrong question.

    I doubt there's any noticeable difference in the AF of any of the cameras
    you've mentioned. DSLR's don't use the sensor to find maximum contrast.
    This is mainly what slows down regular digital cameras and adds
    the dreaded shutter lag.

    Now if you ask which *lens* will focus faster, you'd have a more meaningful
    question. I can say Canon's USM lenses are very fast and quiet. I have one
    Sigma lens and I can say my USM lenses focus faster and quieter.

    I can't comment on Nikon lenses or the host of other third party lenses out
    there.

    > The main different between D70 & D100.

    Go here: http://www.dpreview.com/ Click on side by side and do a direct
    comparision for yourself.