Which of these players would you choose?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Tony Olmstead, Jun 26, 2004.

  1. Pioneer DV-563A or Pioneer DV-578A

    Thanks for any and all comments.

    Tony Olmstead, Jun 26, 2004

  2. Tony Olmstead

    Pug Fugley Guest

    Ugh. Neither one.

    "Tony Olmstead" <> wrote in message
    news:NF5Dc.108$876.7@fed1read07...
    > Pioneer DV-563A or Pioneer DV-578A
    >

    > Thanks for any and all comments.

    Pug Fugley, Jun 27, 2004

  3. Tony Olmstead

    Galley Guest

    On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 20:00:59 -0700, "Tony Olmstead" <> spewed
    forth these words of wisdom:

    >Pioneer DV-563A or Pioneer DV-578A
    >

    >Thanks for any and all comments.

    The 563A had problems with many discs. Isn't the 578-A the replacement model?
    Don't Samsung and Toshiba also make universal players?

    Galley

    Galley, Jun 27, 2004
  4. Tony Olmstead

    root Guest

    Tony Olmstead <> wrote:
    > Pioneer DV-563A or Pioneer DV-578A
    >

    > Thanks for any and all comments.

    I just bought, and returned, the 578 from Best Buy.
    The picture seemed grainier than I am used to, and
    the player would skip and halt on DVD-Rs made on
    Ritek blanks. Funny thing, the disks were made using
    a Pioneer 107 writer.

    root, Jun 28, 2004