Which of my serial connections T1's h as failed?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by just bob, Apr 11, 2007.

  1. just bob

    just bob Guest

    Using the show interface command output shown below, which of my T1's has
    failed of this point to point connection? With the old frame relay system we
    used to use show frame pvc and it was easy to see which location had an
    outage. But how do you know with a point to point? I guess we just call the
    carrier and say "It's down" and let them figure it out, right?

    Thanks,
    -Bob

    Serial0 is down, line protocol is down
    Hardware is PQUICC with Fractional T1 CSU/DSU
    Internet address is 192.168.27.2/24
    Backup interface BRI0, failure delay 0 sec, secondary disable delay 0 sec,
    kickin load not set, kickout load not set
    MTU 1500 bytes, BW 1544 Kbit, DLY 20000 usec,
    reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
    Encapsulation HDLC, loopback not set
    Keepalive set (10 sec)
    Last input never, output never, output hang never
    Input queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 0
    Queueing strategy: Class-based queueing
    Output queue: 0/1000/64/0 (size/max total/threshold/drops)
    Conversations 0/0/256 (active/max active/max total)
    Reserved Conversations 0/0 (allocated/max allocated)
    Available Bandwidth 658 kilobits/sec
    0 packets input, 0 bytes, 0 no buffer
    0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort
    0 packets output, 0 bytes, 0 underruns
    0 output buffer failures, 0 output buffers swapped ou
    0 carrier transitions
    DCD=down DSR=up DTR=up RTS=up CTS=down

    Serial0/0 is down, line protocol is down
    Hardware is PQUICC with Fractional T1 CSU/DSU
    Internet address is 192.168.27.1/24
    MTU 1500 bytes, BW 1544 Kbit, DLY 20000 usec,
    reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
    Encapsulation HDLC, loopback not set
    Keepalive set (10 sec)
    Last input never, output never, output hang never
    Input queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 0
    Queueing strategy: weighted fair
    Output queue: 0/1000/64/0 (size/max total/threshold/drops)
    Conversations 0/0/256 (active/max active/max total)
    Reserved Conversations 0/0 (allocated/max allocated)
    0 packets input, 0 bytes, 0 no buffer
    0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort
    0 packets output, 0 bytes, 0 underruns
    2 carrier transitions
    DCD=down DSR=up DTR=up RTS=up CTS=down

    just bob, Apr 11, 2007

  2. Re: Which of my serial connections T1's h as failed?

    "just bob" <kilbyfan@aoldotcom> writes:
    >Using the show interface command output shown below, which of my T1's has
    >failed of this point to point connection? With the old frame relay system we
    >used to use show frame pvc and it was easy to see which location had an
    >outage. But how do you know with a point to point? I guess we just call the
    >carrier and say "It's down" and let them figure it out, right?

    Yes, call the carrier, and say its down. :)

    Your frame-relay system worked that way because the telco ran the
    boxes that your CPE talked to, and they usually can get extremely high
    uptime on their own gear.. :)

    A P2P circuit is a bit more low level. But the telco's have test
    points they can test to (the smartjacks installed in the demarc of
    each location, and possibly some repeaters depending on what and where).
    They can usually figure out what isn't responding and get to it.

    Doug McIntyre, Apr 11, 2007

  3. just bob

    just bob Guest

    Re: Which of my serial connections T1's h as failed?

    Thanks for the response, Doug!

    just bob, Apr 11, 2007